Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098443 times)

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_09 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #945 on: August 19, 2014, 06:52:12 am »

I uploaded it for you. Didn't delete my Savefiles, though
DF-Starter-Pack-0.40.08-latest.rar

Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 19, 2014, 06:58:56 am »

Does anyone still have a link to the 40.08 Starter Pack? I missed it and I would really like to play with DFHack on.
The second post in this thread has a mirrors section; every pack I've every released is in the dropbox.

I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 19, 2014, 07:04:57 am »

Does anyone still have a link to the 40.08 Starter Pack? I missed it and I would really like to play with DFHack on.
The second post in this thread has a mirrors section; every pack I've every released is in the dropbox.
I still seed most of these as well: http://thepiratebay.se/search/dwarf%20fortress%20starter%20pack

Ornstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Glory to the RNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 19, 2014, 09:40:00 am »

You are a scholar and a gentleman Peridexis, thank you for your continued work on the project.
And so he linked the !!flame!!

Rangoon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 19, 2014, 04:52:41 pm »

I am trying to launch DF through the most recent Starter Pack folder, using the Starter Pack Launcher.  Under utilities I have only Dwarf Therapist checked. Upon Launch, Dwarf Therapist returns an error:

"I'm Sorry. I'm having trouble connecting to DF. I can't seem to locate the PEB address of the process. Please re-launch DF and try again."

I have tried this on two different computers. One is Windows 7 64-bit, and the other is Windows 8. I have tried moving the DF folder and launching from there. I have verified I have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed.

Any ideas?

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 19, 2014, 05:05:14 pm »

I am wondering is this normal for DFHack + Trade screen:

Version is Dwarf Fortress 40_08 Starter Pack r3

(I misnamed the image but I double checked before posting).

EDIT: Also, the U is not working on the search parameters. Typing "quiver" = "qiver".

EDIT 2:
I am trying to launch DF through the most recent Starter Pack folder, using the Starter Pack Launcher.  Under utilities I have only Dwarf Therapist checked. Upon Launch, Dwarf Therapist returns an error:

"I'm Sorry. I'm having trouble connecting to DF. I can't seem to locate the PEB address of the process. Please re-launch DF and try again."

I have tried this on two different computers. One is Windows 7 64-bit, and the other is Windows 8. I have tried moving the DF folder and launching from there. I have verified I have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed.

Any ideas?

This http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.705 and this http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg2612378#msg2612378 may help.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:12:21 pm by whatnameshouldi »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 19, 2014, 05:18:25 pm »

I wouldn't call it normal, but it's a known and fairly harmless bug in the dfhack trade plugin. They're trying to keep up with the memory addresses, so sometimes there's minor incompatibility with Toady's changes. It should be fixed soon enough.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Bolland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 20, 2014, 02:59:01 pm »

I wouldn't call it normal, but it's a known and fairly harmless bug in the dfhack trade plugin. They're trying to keep up with the memory addresses, so sometimes there's minor incompatibility with Toady's changes. It should be fixed soon enough.

I hope it is. It's a royal pain when filtering to try searching for "ruby" and have all items that have r in them (most items) be unselected. It's tough to remember that some words have u or m in them, and not search for them. I'm looking forward to static DF again ;)

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 20, 2014, 03:04:06 pm »

I hope it is. It's a royal pain when filtering to try searching for "ruby" and have all items that have r in them (most items) be unselected. It's tough to remember that some words have u or m in them, and not search for them. I'm looking forward to static DF again ;)

i was never really using much of the dfhack commands in the DF2012 version but i do miss these little additions like search function, filtering and workflow (which lets you say i want always have 10-15 barrels for example). automation too much in games takes away the "game" element which consists of the user-input, but some things i don't want to do every 5 minutes. and searching row by row the entire trade screen to look for another anvil for example is just tedious and the search function is highly welcome here^^.

aTinTeardrop

« Reply #954 on: August 20, 2014, 04:11:45 pm »

i was never really using much of the dfhack commands in the DF2012 version but i do miss these little additions like search function, filtering and workflow (which lets you say i want always have 10-15 barrels for example). automation too much in games takes away the "game" element which consists of the user-input, but some things i don't want to do every 5 minutes. and searching row by row the entire trade screen to look for another anvil for example is just tedious and the search function is highly welcome here^^.

Workflow still works in-game if you use Alt-w when in Q-mode over a workshop.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 20, 2014, 04:56:06 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean - both workflow and the search plugin require DFHack, and both work in v0.40 (although the search plugin has a placement issue, as mentioned above).

The problem isn't due to memory addresses changing - the problem is that Toady made the trade screen expand to the screen height, and nobody noticed and remembered to update the search plugin before DFHack was released. Anyway, this is a fix for the layout problem.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

aTinTeardrop

« Reply #956 on: August 21, 2014, 04:16:56 am »

I'm not sure what you mean - both workflow and the search plugin require DFHack, and both work in v0.40 (although the search plugin has a placement issue, as mentioned above).

Oops, nvm, disregard. I somehow thought I'd used the workflow gui after updating to 09 :-[ I blame my meds.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:58:16 am by aTinTeardrop »

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 21, 2014, 04:26:34 pm »

so is DFHack built into the most recent version of the "starter pack" or do we still need to grab it separately?

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 21, 2014, 04:28:35 pm »

so is DFHack built into the most recent version of the "starter pack" or do we still need to grab it separately?
at the time the most recent version was released, DFHack didn't work with 09. dunno if it does now or not.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 21, 2014, 04:33:50 pm »

It does, but there isn't an official release yet (and there are a few bugfixes that should be merged before making one).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 385