Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098110 times)

EvanGrudgeBeard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r21)
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2013, 11:30:31 am »

:)I'm usually a very anti-social gamer and a loner in general. My presence on any forum is usually non-existent. However, I just want to personally thank all of you for your continued work on the lazy newb pack and the modding community in general. If it weren't for your guys' efforts I woulkd have missed out on this gem of a game.

-The Forgotten Beast Gratitude awakes from its eons old slumber.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2013, 12:36:53 pm »

First I have to say that this is awesome pack. Just the best there is.

I had some pleasant time playing with this and then I started to toy with the tilesets. I looked them all. Then I wanted to try ASCII, since I had played little too long with a real graphics.

When I switched to ASCII, this was what I got:

What is wrong with those dwarves? Where is my happy little ASCII-dwarf faces? What kind of moomin-clayfaces those are?

I tried to put the vanilla graphic files, raws and art files. Hell, I even made a clean copy of vanilla, added DFHack and patches and stuff and it worked, but then I tried that savegame and the dwarves were again like those. I tried to changed raws and graphics in the save folder but it didn't help.

Any ideas what is wrong with my dwarf graphics?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2013, 04:53:53 pm »

None at all, but I'll try to work it out.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2013, 05:46:19 pm »

First I have to say that this is awesome pack. Just the best there is.

I had some pleasant time playing with this and then I started to toy with the tilesets. I looked them all. Then I wanted to try ASCII, since I had played little too long with a real graphics.

When I switched to ASCII, this was what I got:

What is wrong with those dwarves? Where is my happy little ASCII-dwarf faces? What kind of moomin-clayfaces those are?

I tried to put the vanilla graphic files, raws and art files. Hell, I even made a clean copy of vanilla, added DFHack and patches and stuff and it worked, but then I tried that savegame and the dwarves were again like those. I tried to changed raws and graphics in the save folder but it didn't help.

Any ideas what is wrong with my dwarf graphics?

The example graphics are still present. So the graphics for dwarves are assigned twice. I assume whatever comes first alphabetically get's precedence.

Just delete them and you'll be fine. They're in data/save/<YOUR REGION>/raws/graphics. There's one textfile called graphics_example.txt or something to that effect. It's enough if you delete that, but you might as well delete the actual png (or was it a bmp?) as well.
Check your raws in the DF root folder as well, you should delete them there, too.

EDIT: Or, if you don't want to use creature graphics at all, you can just set GRAPHICS to NO in data/init/init.txt
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

nuker1110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2013, 02:25:01 am »

Can we possibly get one WITHOUT DFHack? I want all the settings stuff, but seriously, as far as I'm concerned, fuck DFHack.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 03:19:49 am »

@CLA - thanks so much.  Your graphics are awesome, and this has saved me much frustration. 

@nuker1110 - dfhack actually underpins a lot of the bugfixes (which can be disabled) and of course is required for stonesense - but it also adds functionality to soundsense for example.  As I see it, a dfhack-less pack would be less suitable for newbs, and I can't commit the time to maintain two versions.  On the other hand, you can assemble the pack for yourself - all the components are linked and listed, or more simply you can delete the 'dwarf fortress' folder, and replace that with a vanilla install.  Hope that helps!
 Donations here.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 03:46:18 am »

Just delete them and you'll be fine. They're in data/save/<YOUR REGION>/raws/graphics. There's one textfile called graphics_example.txt or something to that effect. It's enough if you delete that, but you might as well delete the actual png (or was it a bmp?) as well.
Check your raws in the DF root folder as well, you should delete them there, too.

Okay, thanks for a fast response. Everything is working now.

nuker1110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r23)
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 01:34:55 pm »

Thanks, I'll try it!

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r24)
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2013, 04:20:15 am »

So, ugh, where's the download link now?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2013, 05:40:30 am »

Fixed, thanks. (so embarrassing)

Edit:  the first line of the first post is linked to the DFFD download page - added a note clarifying this. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 12:02:45 am by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

Tessien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2013, 11:45:18 pm »

Still doesn't seem to be fixed.

Tabris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r25)
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2013, 07:28:54 pm »

Is there a version that doesn't downgrade the default settings like pop cap, default size of embark and etc? I'm sort of a noob, would like the mouse support and the patches but i don't want to have to change it manually because there may be other changes i, as a person that has been playing dF for only a week, might have no idea about.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2013, 08:26:56 pm »

Nope, I've only got time to maintain a single version so what you see is all there is to get. 

On the upside, these settings are easy to change through the GUI (except iirc embark size, which is an init edit) and shouldn't have any negative side effects.  I just wanted a consistent setup which would work on pretty much any computer, and these happened to be the settings I usually use on my laptop. 
 Donations here.

Tabris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2013, 08:48:14 pm »

So you can confirm the only tweaks of this kind are those you can change in the GUI and the embark size from the init? If it's only this i can change them myself.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2013, 09:33:30 pm »

All of these settings are done through init.txt and d_init.txt, so it's safe to change them however you want.  Toady's commentary is really good for these ones.  The only thing to be aware of is that changing graphics pack will also replace these files with my standard default ones - they all used to be different, so I had to manually edit all of them into identical configurations. 

TL;DR - yes.
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 385