Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098287 times)

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r40)
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2013, 05:40:29 pm »

New clueless player here; just wanted to thank you for a fantastic tool that makes it just a bit less stressful to get into this game :D

Quick question, though, unless I'm missing something obvious.. Why doesn't the "For new players- Simple Start" embark profile include an anvil? I didn't realise I didn't have one until halfway through the year, and then the caravan didn't bother bringing one either.

Also, I've turned off Aquifers, but I still get them. On almost every single tile, in fact; I've tried generating a new world a couple of times, and I've also tried deleting the [Aquifer] tags in the raws, but for some odd reason 90% of every world I generate is Aquifer-filled, to the point that I've only found 3 embark sites without an aquifer on the latest one. On a slightly related note, I never seem to generate Flux Stone at all either. Is there any silly reason why this is happening, or am I forever cursed with soggy beards and lack of pig iron?

Cheers.
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2013, 12:24:55 am »

:)

I'll look into the anvil thing, I certainly didn't intend to leave it out - but then again I just grabbed profiles that someone else has made...

You can drain aquifers using the command "drainaquifer" in dfhack, which will permanently remove them from your map.  This will make finding a good embark much easier!

There's a bug in the site finder that, if mineral frequency is high in world gen, flux will not be shown.  High volcanism sites are likley to have a lot less flux too - you can look at a list of all materials under your embark (will include spoilers if you like exploratory mining) with the dfhack command "prospect all".  "prospect" can also be called before embarking, but will only return an estimate as the numbers haven't been generated yet. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2013, 01:50:55 pm »

:)

I'll look into the anvil thing, I certainly didn't intend to leave it out - but then again I just grabbed profiles that someone else has made...

You can drain aquifers using the command "drainaquifer" in dfhack, which will permanently remove them from your map.  This will make finding a good embark much easier!

There's a bug in the site finder that, if mineral frequency is high in world gen, flux will not be shown.  High volcanism sites are likley to have a lot less flux too - you can look at a list of all materials under your embark (will include spoilers if you like exploratory mining) with the dfhack command "prospect all".  "prospect" can also be called before embarking, but will only return an estimate as the numbers haven't been generated yet.

Thanks very much for the reply :)
 Fortunately I haven't needed drainaquifer yet, as I've found a few decent embark sites on my new world. I'll try to avoid using prospect all, but it's nice to know that it's available, thanks.

I prepare for embark manually now, so the anvil thing isn't a problem personally, but I just thought I'd point it out incase other new players get stuck with it.
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2013, 07:12:33 pm »

An iron anvil will be included from the next version onward - thanks for the feedback, I couldn't maintain the pack without it :).
 Donations here.

Sicily

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »

I can't seem to enable mouse edgescreen scrolling. I delete the # in the front of the line saying always edge scroll with cursor or whatever it says, yet every time I start the game and load up a new save/fortress, it never edge scrolls. Would anyone mind telling me what I'm doing wrong?

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2013, 04:32:48 am »

I can't seem to enable mouse edgescreen scrolling. I delete the # in the front of the line saying always edge scroll with cursor or whatever it says, yet every time I start the game and load up a new save/fortress, it never edge scrolls. Would anyone mind telling me what I'm doing wrong?
I get this sometimes; just switch to your DFHack window and type "mousequery plugin enable" and "mousequery edge enable", that should fix it.

Oh, also, just out of interest, how would I go about having all dwarven names show up in english ingame? I'm pretty sure it's possible as I think Arumba had it enabled in his videos, but I can't find any option for it anywhere, unless I'm just being dense.

One last problem, I can't link levers to anything. When I press b to "link to bridge", the list of bridges appears for about half a second and then it closes again, I can't link it to anything. I have plenty of mechanisms spare, so that's not the problem, any idea how to fix this?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:13:39 am by Urist McPanzerbeard »

Tomaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • RollToDodge.net
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r40 - everything in one place
« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2013, 09:30:45 pm »

Is there any chance someone can create a torrent version of this? For some reason my computer is having some serious problems downloading from the DFFD. I'd love to use it, but for reasons I can't fathom, I can't download it right now.

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2013, 05:41:32 pm »

The .jar doesn't seem to reliably save my settings.  It always turns aquifers on each time I close it and sometimes it resets all the other settings such as population/cave-ins/save backups back to default.  Anything I can do to resolve this?  I'm using r39, if it matters, but the changelog doesn't note any changes regarding this so I've been putting off updating and I've been making sure to manually save.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:43:32 pm by Box »
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2013, 06:32:11 pm »

The .jar doesn't seem to reliably save my settings.  It always turns aquifers on each time I close it and sometimes it resets all the other settings such as population/cave-ins/save backups back to default.  Anything I can do to resolve this?  I'm using r39, if it matters, but the changelog doesn't note any changes regarding this so I've been putting off updating and I've been making sure to manually save.

Yeah, there are some problems with the new jar - it's why I still include the old exe launcher too.  It's probably better to ignore aquifers and just use the dfhack "drainaquifer" command when you embark.  For the other settings, a bug has been found but not yet fixed where the .jar will revert any files edited while it's open; the workaround is to close it before editing. 
 Donations here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2013, 06:45:15 pm »

I've found a crash problem but I don't know which plugin it is (might be Falconnes?) or if it is a vanilla feature.

When you go into the stockpile setup, do a search in any subcategory, press enter and then press d, it crashes.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2013, 09:54:21 pm »

That's a plugin for sure - searchable interface is dfhack.  However, given that a DF major update is incoming "very soon" it's unlikely to be fixed, so I suppose that's something we should all avoid doing.  Thanks for the report, it's good to hear any issues people have. 
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r41 - everything in one place
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2013, 01:24:46 am »

This pack has been updated to r41. 
Changes: 
 - Updated Dwarf Therapist to v20.6.6
 - Updated manual for Dwarf Therapist
 - Added an iron anvil to the simple start embark profile
 - Shuffled the online presentation of the pack around a bit
 - Removed DwarfMapMaker (from extras), since it's built into the legends processor and thus redundant
 - Updated "__Process Legends Exports.bat" to version 2.4, to allow the above (moves the .scm plugin to DF folder)

The old LNP thread now has an official redirect, since it hasn't been updated in more than a year.  To LucusUP - thanks; it was your pack that got me into Dwarf Fortress and I'll try to keep the legacy going. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:05:38 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2013, 07:28:16 am »

Found a very minor bug.
In [16x16] ASCII Default 0.34.11 tileset, d_init has the following setting:

[PILLAR_TILE:199]

when by default it should be:

[PILLAR_TILE:'O']

This causes all free-standing walls to display incorrectly (as ╟ instead of O).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2013, 11:33:37 am »

The new Dwarf Therapist stuff sounds cool, so, upgrading the pack version now.

Edit: 13 minutes to download? It's not usually this slow I think.....

SerpenteDiBuio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2013, 04:59:00 pm »

Using this new pack, I switched to the default Ascii tileset, and it is noticeably different from the original vanilla, and the default zoom level is decreased.
What can I do to fix it?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 385