Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098535 times)

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r45 - everything in one place
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2014, 03:48:48 am »

Has anyone considered using a torrent as an alternative distribution method, for use when DFFD fails or for people with less-than-stellar connections?  I wouldn't mind keeping a seed alive if it were released that way.  Only with the dev's permission, of course.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2014, 10:20:18 am »

Go for it (as with basically all requests), I'll stick a link up to any up to date mirrors. Only reason there aren't official mirrors is I don't want to have to do multiple uploads per update, and with a speed upgrade this week I might change that (on 300kbps it wasn't fun).
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2014, 01:02:40 pm »

I'd suggest making a torrent with DFFD as a web seed... but I don't know how that would interact with DFFD's statistics gathering.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 01, 2014, 02:59:46 pm »

can anyone tell me how to increase
The zoom in limit?
I can zoom OUT so far text disappears but zooming IN
stops with tiles about the size of a pencil eraser!!
What good is a tileset if I cam barely see it?

I have a widescreen HD monitor is it just a high tes issue
or am I boned?

Thanks
  Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r46 - everything in one place
« Reply #304 on: February 02, 2014, 09:22:42 pm »

There's a new version up: r46
 - Old LNP GUI updated to V17 (now keeps GUI settings when changing graphics packs, so no more resetting!)
 - Falconne's UI plugins updated to v0.41 (bugfix for rare crash on mass-melting items)
 - corrected some out-of-date documentation on the map maker script
 - Added 'dfstatus' script (gives stocks overview/snapshot, keybinding Ctrl-I)

The biggest change is probably the update to the original GUI, which now lets you change graphics packs without resetting all your settings to defaults.  I strongly recommend using it for all graphics-related stuff, and the .jar version for everything else (revert to the former if bugs pop up, of course). 

In reasonably related news, I'm back at home so you actually get updates again; and I've just improved my upload speed by a factor of forty (!) to 17Mbps - so a mirror has just become practical.  For those people who wanted one, it'll probably happen later this week once I investigate a little. 
 Donations here.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2014, 01:31:40 pm »

Thanks for all your work on this!

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2014, 03:34:03 pm »

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but why on EARTH is the button to look at preferences 'm'? Every time I try to open my military tab I keep getting that damn screen, and I have to hit it about 800 times before it finally brings up the military screen instead of showing me what my dwarfs prefer. It infuriates me, cause I couldn't care less how many beards like clear glass, but being able to equip and fix my military is pretty vital.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2014, 07:58:45 pm »

"keybinding add Alt-M@dwarfmode/Default "dwarfmonitor prefs""

It's alt-m to avoid this - there's a know bug where if you alt-tab away DF thinks you're still holding alt when you come back.  hitting the key again might fix it, or modify the keybinding for yourself.  I leave it as-is so that all the origional readmes still apply. 
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r47 - everything in one place
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2014, 08:29:23 pm »

A minor update to r47:
 - Windows LNP GUI updated to V17.2 - now shows which tileset is installed, utilities don't display file extensions, supports multiple DF installs (not included); also has customisable menus
 - On this basis, the beta cross-platform GUI has been removed - it is not feature-competetive at this time.  Back to just one GUI, and hopefully and end to confusion!

This will make very little difference to established players, but should make getting started a little less confusing. 
 Donations here.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2014, 05:01:41 pm »

"keybinding add Alt-M@dwarfmode/Default "dwarfmonitor prefs""

It's alt-m to avoid this - there's a know bug where if you alt-tab away DF thinks you're still holding alt when you come back.  hitting the key again might fix it, or modify the keybinding for yourself.  I leave it as-is so that all the origional readmes still apply.

It might be worth changing the binding to Ctrl-M and updating the docs... I've seen people mention this a lot of times. Very few people know about the Alt-TAB problem (and pressing Alt again does fix it).
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 05, 2014, 08:32:22 pm »

Can you update to DFHack r4?: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4720997#msg4720997

• DFHack and related projects are now under a github organization, with me, angavrilov and Quietust: https://github.com/DFHack - this should allow more people than just me to make releases.
  • Releases will be moved from my site back to github. I've already begun doing that.
  • Release 4 for 0.34.11 will be entirely skipped. I'm pretty sure I've done no builds of it, so they are all 'unofficial'. It's chaotic. I will salvage whatever changelog information I can from it and move on.
  • I will begin merging in changes and work towards Release 5. This might take a week or two, because I still have a job and a MultiMC5 to worry about ;)

I'm actually planning to hold off for now, because dfhack r4 has been a dogs breakfast, and we're likley to get an official build r5 pretty soon. 

It might be worth changing the binding to Ctrl-M and updating the docs... I've seen people mention this a lot of times. Very few people know about the Alt-TAB problem (and pressing Alt again does fix it).

That might be a good idea.  Maybe we could also try asking Toady to fix the alt-issue in the post-release phase? 
 Donations here.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 05, 2014, 09:10:28 pm »

Can you update to DFHack r4?: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4720997#msg4720997

• DFHack and related projects are now under a github organization, with me, angavrilov and Quietust: https://github.com/DFHack - this should allow more people than just me to make releases.
  • Releases will be moved from my site back to github. I've already begun doing that.
  • Release 4 for 0.34.11 will be entirely skipped. I'm pretty sure I've done no builds of it, so they are all 'unofficial'. It's chaotic. I will salvage whatever changelog information I can from it and move on.
  • I will begin merging in changes and work towards Release 5. This might take a week or two, because I still have a job and a MultiMC5 to worry about ;)

I'm actually planning to hold off for now, because dfhack r4 has been a dogs breakfast, and we're likley to get an official build r5 pretty soon. 
Ah. I didn't know that. Thanks!
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

JOanita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2014, 06:53:41 am »

ive been away from DF for some month, maybe a year. so this is the new LNP and its the latest/most stable version?

Thanks for putting it together :)
Time to get dwarfy again :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2014, 07:17:46 am »

Yep, this is the best starter pack (LNP, to use the old name) to get. :-)

May your mines be metallic and your enemies tall enough to cut off at the knees!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 385