Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4107548 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The pack has been updated to r54!

Changelog:
 - re-applied LAA patch
 - updated dfterm3 to version 0.3.1 (bugfixing, some UI improvements)
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to version 21.6
 - removed automelt plugin at author's request - it's been crashing games and will be back once fixed
 - added a symlink for Isoworld

Mostly pretty minor stuff, as a maintenance release.  As always, you can get the latest version here.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magnet link for r54: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3f80f3d831c15097218d579ee60d89a3b5a2af80&dn=PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r54.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My clothing is not wearing out, is that a setting I can change in a fort that is running?  I am currently using r50.

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can also just leave the mouse over the menus while using Quickfort.

Ok, that is a way easier option. Thanks!

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My clothing is not wearing out, is that a setting I can change in a fort that is running?  I am currently using r50.

Nevermind, it turns out burning clothes take years before they show any damage.

PintOfBass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you have temperature and weather disabled will that keep water from melting during the warmer season when embarking in a place with cold winters?  It seems to me that this is true, but my data sample is three embarks.  If this is true, and it seems to me that it is, having it defaulted to yes to weather and temperature might be less problematic to new players who might not realize that their river should be free flowing for part of the year.

Thanks for your work in putting the pack together in the first.

PoB

Diton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stonesense crashes the game every time I try to start it, is there any way to fix this? I'm on Windows.

edit: resolved by setting renderer to DIRECTX in the stonesense init.txt file
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:20:28 pm by Diton »

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug Report: r54

When applying the Spacefox tileset, it looks like it does a hard replace of the art directory.  Sadly, the replacement doesn't contain a font, so truetype support fails, and the game uses the tileset font.

The Spacefox tileset doesn't contain a font itself, but it's install instructions state that you should extract and replace the files.  This method of install would leave the default font file there, and not delete it.

Thanks for the great pack and all your hard work!

Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The pack has updated to r55!

Changelog: (mostly bugfixing)
 - bugfix: defaults button now restores pack defaults, not older settings
 - fixed folders menu item (now to the folder 'useful' instead of renamed 'extras')
 - updated Legends viewer to v1.13.10; fixes harmless error popup
 - updated Falconne's UI plugins to v0.44; fixed (and re-added) automelt plugin
 - fixed missing files in Spacefox graphics (copied missing fonts from Phoebus)

As always, you can download the latest version here; and I'm sure there'll be a torrent up soon. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:43:52 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The pack has updated to r55!

Changelog: (mostly bugfixing)
 - bugfix: defaults button now restores pack defaults, not older settings
 - fixed folders menu item (now to the folder 'useful' instead of renamed 'extras')
 - updated Legends viewer to v1.13.10; fixes harmless error popup
 - updated Falconne's UI plugins to v0.44; fixed (and re-added) automelt plugin
 - fixed missing files in Spacefox graphics (copied missing fonts from Phoebus)

As always, you can download the latest version here; and I'm sure there'll be a torrent up soon.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:febe282b526f4469bc3be141c95dabe2aea18f6e&dn=PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r55.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80

jdilts

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I was hoping someone could help me. I downloaded the pack, extracted it into the C:\df folder, and tried to run it. It says that the Lazy Newb Pack GUI.exe is "not a valid Win32 application." I have no idea why this would be. DF itself runs just fine, and I created a world and everything just to check. Why won't the LNP run?

I run Windows Vista: Home edition (SP 2), 64 bit. Thanks.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I was hoping someone could help me. I downloaded the pack, extracted it into the C:\df folder, and tried to run it. It says that the Lazy Newb Pack GUI.exe is "not a valid Win32 application." I have no idea why this would be. DF itself runs just fine, and I created a world and everything just to check. Why won't the LNP run?

I run Windows Vista: Home edition (SP 2), 64 bit. Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening - I haven't seen it before and the GUI does run on most computers...

However, it's worth trying the pack again after moving it to your user space (eg desktop / documents / whatever).  Further down the C drive there are often write-protections and other access limits in place, which frequently mess up the various components of the pack - including the ability of DF to save your game!  It's always an issue in program files, but I wouldn't risk it at the root either. 
 Donations here.

jdilts

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Herm. Well, same error both when on the desktop, and when I extracted it into the downloads folder. Also happens with version r54.

Also, in all cases, the file disappears after a few seconds. Just, completely gone. It makes no sense. I can re-extract that singular file, but it does the same thing and disappears again. I have downloaded from the dropbox and the standard place and I get the same thing from both.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

jd: Check to make sure your anti-virus isn't eating the program.  There's a few items in DFHack that tend to trigger mine that if I'm not paying attention it will quaranteen things on me.

jdilts

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Brilliant! WanderingKid, you're a life saver. I turned off Norton for a minute, and it worked fine. Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 385