Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109456 times)

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you add the lazy newb packs key bindings?

I cant control the game now because suddenly I have to press shift for weird stuff and can not resize my map size, which used to be middle mouse wheel which now switches z levels instead... Different controls I can not seem to get used too... Probably the reason for the lazy newb packs bindings in the first place! :D

Thanks!

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Admittedly I'm using a MUCH older LNP, but middle wheel moves my Z level and I've never altered the key bindings for that.

For zoom, try [ and ].  That's the default afaik.

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I learned that after I found the keybindings text... Then I threw LNP's bindings in there and now Im all good... This is WAY better then the latest LNP... But ya, of course it wasnt updated for a year... Because an update hasnt come out for two years!

I bet they will reboot the official LNP as soon as 2014 pops out.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I bet they will reboot the official LNP as soon as 2014 pops out.
Nope, it's discontinued permanently and this is the successor.  See here.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mad Jackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LNP would not start today, gave me a message to post text here. Any  help would be appreciated.
I am running lnp r 35 I believe.
thanks
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
an''t catch me!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

That's an old version of the GUI which has since been replaced.  Given that we're now up to r60, my advice is to download the current version of the pack and use the data-copying script.  There's a lot of new goodies since r35, the details of which can be found in the changelog. 
 Donations here.

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for updating it for us by the way! I was using old tools for soooo long! As well as been waiting for a new version of dwarf fortress lol

Mad Jackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's an old version of the GUI which has since been replaced.  Given that we're now up to r60, my advice is to download the current version of the pack and use the data-copying script.  There's a lot of new goodies since r35, the details of which can be found in the changelog.

I tried 60.

I get this message.
to run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .net framework:
v4.0.30319
contact your application puiblisher for instructions about obtaining the approriate version of the .NET framework.

That doesn't help me any.

an''t catch me!

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

to run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .net framework:
v4.0.30319
contact your application puiblisher for instructions about obtaining the approriate version of the .NET framework.
Do you have the .net framework installed? If not, installing it would definitely help in this situation.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:04:52 pm by Raul »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The pack has been updated to r61!  As usual, you can download it on DFFD

The big thing is an all-new DFHack tab in the launcher, where you can simply check a box to enable features like the Stonesense overlay or a multi-pack of bugfixes.  We also get Dwarf Therapist v22 (preview version), and a small tweak to the stonesense config that'll let you see the edge of the map.

Changelog: 
 - more tweaks to stonesense config; now uses 'WINDOW' follow mode instead of 'FOCUS' - you can now scroll to the map edges in any window size
 - Big update to the Starter Pack Launcher:  a configurable dfhack tab. 
    Options are: Isometric graphics, mouse controls, automatic job assignments, more automation , performance tweaks, and bugfixes (enabled by default). 
    The whole list and functions can be configured in "LNP/LNPWin.txt"
 - tweaked dfhack.init; it should now be left alone - use the launcher for toggleable options unless you know what you're doing
 - Dwarf Therapist updated to v22 (alpha, but stable)

Depending on how early in July DF2014 is released, this might be the last cutting-edge update for version 0.34.11 - but don't worry, I'm going to keep a legacy version available for those who want to play with a stable version and compatible tools. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:09:06 am by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's awesome and all, but why isn't Rendermax in the pack?

JRF2k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Have you ever thought of making the Starter Pack able to auto-update?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Rendermax isn't in dfhack-r5 by default due to a missed debug flag. It'll probably go in once I find a compatible build, but it's not going to be long before we see a dfhack update for DF2014 so I don't know if it'll be before that.

Auto updating sounds good, but it's also a lot harder than it sounds and is incompatible with the user-modifiable nature of the pack. Way too easy to delete things that shouldn't be deleted, basically. I compromise with the script to copy user data to the new pack, since it works on a default install and will do no harm in other cases. I would like to add a function to check if a new version is available through... Must remember that.
 Donations here.

JRF2k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

For that copy script to work, do I need to install it on C:\?

Nevermind, figured it out.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 06:52:48 pm by JRF2k »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Mifki showed off a beta with multi z level viewing, just wanted to let you know. It even works parallel with rendermax. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 385