Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098520 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Peredexis, have a blast, and thanks for all the work you do!  Say hi to nature from those of us still toiling away in the strand extraction pits   :D
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

r62:
Code: [Select]
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:93f54c44a118e32344d15c2d666ef12c6da25aca&dn=PeridexisErrant+LNP+r62.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so the dfhack version in r62 cannot run twbt + rendermax at the same time (and crashes when launcher stonesense if twbt is used).

Is there a way to manually replace the dfhack version so that all these problems are magically gone? Peridexis himself mentioned that there is a different dfhack version in which at least twbt + rendermax + multi-z view are working together (don't know about stonesense though).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Magically gone, no.  You can in theory get dfhack-r4 and drop that in, but there's a LOT of other stuff that would break if you do that.  Best option is to wait for an update which will fix TwbT-3.x on dfhack-r5 (that's the multilevel view); anything else will be a huge amount of work for a buggy result. 

Meph has them all working with dfhack-r4 in the Masterwork mod pack, but that has it's own bugs and Stonesense is only available for dfhack-r5. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok thanks, I will experiment around a bit.

Starting with: Stonesense seems to be working just fine for me with TwbT

I went ahead and made an alternative version of Phoebus TwbT and replaced the Phoebus font tileset with another one (from Taffer 10x10 actually, because I really don't like the Phoebus font). Surprisingly, not only does this work without problems (the font tiles get automatically upscaled to 16x16 while playing, but then again phoebus is too big for me anyway and I then adjust the scale ingame to zoom out a little^^), but also stonesense is working (I haven't tried using it with the "normal" phoebus twbt though).

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/T6qxrJk.jpg

Aside from this it's the vanillla r62 installation with no further alterations except keybindings etc..

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Cool! I should have specified that I was talking about the stonesense overlay - running it in a separate window should be fine, and is available on any dfhack version.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah ok, I thought ssense was broken entirely on your end for some reason.

Also I just read through the entire main thread for twbt and just when I finnished there was a new post stating that a working r5 version for multilevel and square text should be released later today, and now I'm salviating :D

Edit:

Uhh, the repeat command for invoking various bugfixes at runtime seems to be broken. From stderr:

lots of correctly working stuff before this
Invoking: binpatch apply hospital-overstocking
Invoking: binpatch apply custom-reagent-size
Invoking: binpatch apply training-ammo
Invoking: binpatch apply weaponrack-unassign
Invoking: binpatch apply armorstand-capacity
------------------------------------------------------
this happens at main menu load
now i load my safe, dfhack invokes various repeat commands, they fail though
------------------------------------------------------
Invoking: multicmd repeat -time 1 months -command fix/feeding-timers; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/growthbug; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/build-location; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/stuckdoors; repeat -time 3 months -command fix/population-cap
Invoking: repeat -time 1 months -command fix/feeding-timers
...rrant LNP r62\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:363: cannot open C:\Games\PeridexisErrant LNP r62\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\scripts/-command.lua: No such file or directory
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
...rrant LNP r62\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:363: in function 'run_script'
...t LNP r62\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\scripts/repeat.lua:15: in function 'repeatScript'
...t LNP r62\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\scripts/repeat.lua:18: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)
Invoking: repeat -time 1 months -command fix/growthbug
...rrant LNP r62\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:363: cannot open C:\Games\PeridexisErrant LNP r62\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\scripts/-command.lua: No such file or directory
stack traceback:
...rrant LNP r62\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:363: in function 'run_script'
...t LNP r62\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\scripts/repeat.lua:15: in function 'repeatScript'
(...tail calls...)
Invoking: repeat -time 1 months -command fix/build-location
stack traceback:
(...tail calls...)
Invoking: repeat -time 1 months -command fix/stuckdoors
stack traceback:
(...tail calls...)
Invoking: repeat -time 3 months -command fix/population-cap

How are these invoked anyway, those fixes are not called in dfhack.init, how does dfhack know to load them at all. Very confused.
Edit2: ahh, it's onload.init in the raw and/or save folder. But that commandline doesn't seem to be working correctly any longer. This is a serious issue as all the bugfixes like growth bug probably aren't working atm.

#bugfixes to run regularly, strongly recomended (fix: feeding prisoners, growthbug, build-location, stuckdoors, population cap)
multicmd repeat -time 1 months -command fix/feeding-timers; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/growthbug; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/build-location; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/stuckdoors; repeat -time 3 months -command fix/population-cap
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:39:25 am by molkemon »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

Uhh, the repeat command for invoking various bugfixes at runtime seems to be broken.

@Peredixiserrant: Expwnent updated and rewritten a lot of scripts including repeat last week to make them work with r5, I think you should merge those changes. This .zip contains all his changes and all the working 3rd party scripts I could find, some are from masterwork, some from the dfhack thread. All of these were tested by me to see if they work at all on mac, but not on windows, majority should be ok. I recommend you check out Putnam's hackWish the very least... :)

@molkemon: If you feel up to it, you can test if my proposal works, just make a backup of the /hack directory then overwrite all files with the new ones from this zip.

EDIT: Updated .zip.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:26:14 pm by fricy »

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm currently trying just to get a working onload commandline with the existing fixfiles (even though the feeding-timers isn't even physically there, I will grab that from your pack I guess).

Heh, seems like r62 wasn't the last release before DF2014 after all ;)

Edit:

Ok, this is working:

multicmd repeat enable 1 months fix/feeding-timers; repeat enable 1 months fix/growthbug; repeat enable 1 months fix/build-location; repeat enable 3 months fix/population-cap
Note: feeding-timers is missing from the starter pack, I took the version from the zip that fricy posted. I removed stuckdoors because repeat doesn't seem to accept .rb files anymore, just .lua (I don't know if I could just rename the file extension, I rather didn't). growthbug also only comes as an .rb file in the starter pack currently, but fricys zip had a .lua version of it aswell.

Edit2: Somehow the Starter Pack seems to create these onload.init files on the fly when starting the game, as when I overwrite them in an editor they still get set back to their (non-functioning) version. Ahhhh

Edit3: Ok, working fix for current release: Close the Starter Pack Launcher or else the changes won't stick. Open PeridexisErrant LNP r62\LNP\LNPWin.txt and scroll to the bottom. There you can see the commandlines for performance-tweaks and pure bugfixes. If you change them here and have them ticked in the Starter Pack launchers, all onload.init files will automatically be corrected.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:08:22 pm by molkemon »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, seems like r62 wasn't the last release before DF2014 after all ;)

Lol, I was also thinking calling my latest pack my LastDF2012Pack, but for this very reason did not.  8)
In other news I'm looking at expwnent's github, and it looks like he updated repeat again, so my version is not the latest there is after all. I'll check out if there's any relevant bugs fixed in it.

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, since you posted while I edited, for visibility here again:

Ok, working fix for current release: Close the Starter Pack Launcher or else the changes won't stick. Open PeridexisErrant LNP r62\LNP\LNPWin.txt and scroll to the bottom. There you can see the commandlines for performance-tweaks and pure bugfixes. If you change them here and have them ticked in the Starter Pack launchers, all onload.init files will automatically be corrected.

Edit: still no idea how I can get .rb files to load for repeat.
Edit2: I just realised that .rb files are ruby scripts and while dfhack supports them, the current version of repeat doesn't seem to. Even the help prompt specifically states that repeat repeadatly executes a lua script, no mention of ruby though. Hmm hmm hmm
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:20:17 pm by molkemon »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like there was a bug with the repeat.lua that expwnent corrected, this is the latest file, and to make it work you need to move repeatUtil.lua from hack/lua/plugins to hack/lua. This .zip already contains these changes.

Edit2: I just realised that .rb files are ruby scripts and while dfhack supports them, the current version of repeat doesn't seem to. Even the help prompt specifically states that repeat repeadatly executes a lua script, no mention of ruby though. Hmm hmm hmm

Strange, the game repeat script doesn't complain for me for .rb scripts, it accepts them as well as the .lua-s.
Fixed feeding timers for 9 citizens.
Fixed growth bug for 103 units.
Found and unstuck 0 construct building jobs.
unstuck 0 doors
Home civ notified about current population.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:24:07 pm by fricy »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know, the game doesn't complain for me for .rb scripts, it accepts them as well as the .lua-s.
It looks like there was a bug with the repeat.lua that expwnent corrected, this is the latest file, and to make it work you need to move repeatUtil.lua from hack/lua/plugins to hack/lua. This .zip already contains these changes.
It wasn't a bug - it was the lack of a way to run non-Lua scripts from Lua, which has been addressed. That script should work with r5, though (save it as hack/scripts/repeat.lua).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It wasn't a bug - it was the lack of a way to run non-Lua scripts from Lua, which has been addressed. That script should work with r5, though (save it as hack/scripts/repeat.lua).
I misunderstood then. But previous commit was working for me with stuckdoors.rb...   ?

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, the repeat.lua from your zip now only works again with the old commandline, which doesn't work with the repeat.lua from the starter pack. This is extremely confusing :D
And the starter pack does not contain any repeatUtils.lua file at all.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 385