Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098103 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you mean by "the old commandline"? The console? It doesn't matter where you run scripts from - they use the same lua interpreter, so the results should be consistent.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

Lol, the repeat.lua from your zip now only works again with the old commandline, which doesn't work with the repeat.lua from the starter pack. This is extremely confusing :D
And the starter pack does not contain any repeatUtils.lua file at all.
repeatUtil.lua is in my .zip, and the reason I told you to overwrite everything is because:
1. most of the scripts are tested with -r5, while in the starter pack some scripts are from -r3
2. some of the scripts need other scripts to function, like the repeat.lua needs the repeatUtil to be in a specific directory
3. it matters where you put these supporting scripts.
4. i spent a few hours figuring things out, thought I'd spare you this, and give you a drop-in replacement :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:40:24 pm by fricy »

KevinCathcart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, for the v63 release, how about we fix the copy-over-soundsense-packs correctly this time.  ;) Currently the commands in the bat file are missing the "do (" after the "if" statement, and the corresponding close parentheses.

Also just an FYI, but the zipped versions do not have symlinks to the UserGeneratedContent folders, because no zip software on windows properly supports windows symlinks.

So perhaps you should add a create Symlinks batch file, possible named something like "run me first.bat".

I find the following works well:
Code: [Select]
@echo off
REM ensure the current directory is the one that contains this file:
cd /D "%~dp0"

echo Creating Symlinks...
echo.
echo User Blueprints

REM Amazingly this deletes the symlink/junction point without deleting the files in it first. If it is a plain folder
REM it deletes it and it contents, but it should be empty except for the single text file.
rmdir /s/q "%CD%\LNP\utilities\Quickfort 2.04\blueprints\User Blueprints"

mklink /D "%CD%\LNP\utilities\Quickfort 2.04\blueprints\User Blueprints" "%CD%\User Generated Content\User Blueprints"
if NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 goto blueprint_success
echo Could not create directory symbolic link. Attempting directory junction.
mklink /J "%CD%\LNP\utilities\Quickfort 2.04\blueprints\User Blueprints" "%CD%\User Generated Content\User Blueprints"

:blueprint_success

echo Overseer map files

rmdir /s/q "%CD%\LNP\utilities\Overseer 0.70.1\_Map Files for Overseer"

mklink /D "%CD%\LNP\utilities\Overseer 0.70.1\_Map Files for Overseer" "%CD%\User Generated Content\Overseer map files"
if NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 goto blueprint_success
echo Could not create directory symbolic link. Attempting directory junction.
mklink /J "%CD%\LNP\utilities\Overseer 0.70.1\_Map Files for Overseer" "%CD%\User Generated Content\Overseer map files"

:overseer_success

I try to create a symlink first, but that will only succeed if uac is turned off, and the user is an administrator. However, by default regular users can create directory junctions, and for our purposes they are the same thing, so we fall back to creating them. Obviously neither will work on win XP or older as the mklink command was added in windows vista.

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

lethosor: The repeat.lua file that is in the current release r62 starter pack does not accept this commandline:

multicmd repeat -time 1 months -command fix/feeding-timers; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/growthbug; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/build-location; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/stuckdoors; repeat -time 3 months -command fix/population-cap
Also, the r62 does not contain repeatUtils.lua at all.

It does work with THIS commandline, but will only load .lua and not ruby files.

multicmd repeat enable 1 months fix/feeding-timers; repeat enable 1 months fix/growthbug; repeat enable 1 months fix/build-location; repeat enable 3 months fix/population-cap
-----

Now, using the repeat.lua + repeatUtils.lua file that fricy provided (which are apparently newer), this commandline works again:

multicmd repeat -time 1 months -command fix/feeding-timers; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/growthbug; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/build-location; repeat -time 1 months -command fix/stuckdoors; repeat -time 3 months -command fix/population-cap
AND it does support ruby files.

So it seems peridexis included a wrong version of the repeat script or something.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:51:46 pm by molkemon »

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is also something wrong with the growthbug fix in the current release (actually ever since you switched to the ruby script, I think it was in r51 according to the changelog), if it's called with the repeat commandline it will instead display the growthfix help instead of actually doing it. (the ruby script requires arguments to execute correctly)
Edit: the growthbug.rb file requires the argument "enable" and uses an internal timing system that would conflict with repeat. There is also an argument for just executing it once now (I think its "fixnow"). So if you want to use the ruby script the commandline would need to be repeat -time 1 months -command fix/growthbug fixnow  (I'm not sure if fixnow is the correct argumetn though, and also remember, the entire repeat command will not work at all like that with the current repeat.lua version in r62 because that one requires a different commandline and does not support ruby scripts at all.

Staggering confusion all around^^

Optionally, fricys zip contains a growthbug.lua which will work fine with both repeat versions.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:43:50 pm by molkemon »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Wow, what a thread to wake up to! 

Thanks so much to you all, I've incorporated all these fixes into r63 and I'll release that in, oh, the next six hours tonight before I go early tomorrow.  I'm calling it the "cool people fixing my stupid mistakes for me" release ;D

I'm also going to outline a set of changes that would have the dfhack tab use a unique file instead of potentially overriding other peoples settings, to avoid that kind of problem again.  That'll have to wait for when I get back though, unless Splinterz has an even more god-like response speed than usual!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Hi all, the pack is getting a quick "great people find and fix my mistakes" release (r63)

Changelog: 
 - Added script by Kevin Cathcart to create the symlinks, as they don't survive zipping (why does no one tell me these things?  Thanks!)
 - Fixed the copy-script again, on more feedback from Kevin
 - Updated many scripts to actually work with dfhack-r5; Fricy did all the work and I just dropped in a folder (thanks!)
 - Fixed growthbug command syntax to work with script (thanks, molkemon)
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I'm also going to outline a set of changes that would have the dfhack tab use a unique file instead of potentially overriding other peoples settings, to avoid that kind of problem again.  That'll have to wait for when I get back though, unless Splinterz has an even more god-like response speed than usual!

F***.  He does.  I don't have time to do the whole release dance again tonight, so if you need to have onload.init left alone have a look at this, get the updated launcher (direct DL, requires setup to work at all) and go nuts. 
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

r64 is a nice round number, and I hope it has actually caught the bugs this time.  I'm going to get my four hours of sleep now, and I'll sustain myself with the thought of some 10K new people not having broken stuff as their first intro to DF. 

- deleted the symlinks script, as I've had two reports that it's broken
 - updated the launched to use a custom file instead of onload.init to avoid conflicts (thanks Splinterz)
 Donations here.

KevinCathcart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... Unfortunate that the symlink script was not working for people.

The only reason I can think of is if they were running Windows XP. The script should really have checked for that.
In that case, there is little that can be done, because although XP supports junction points which are good enough, it ships with no command to make them, and including such a tool seems out of scope for the LNP.

Anybody who had issues, could you please explain them here, or PM me, so I can help make the script more robust. Obviously PeridexisErrant's vacation will prevent immediate incorporation of any fixed version, but getting some fixed version seems worthwhile. To test the batch file, you can download r63 from the dropbox, or create the batch file yourself in r64. The contents are as shown in my previous post.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On Windows 7 Ultimate x64 the symlinks script fell into some sort of infinite loop, repeating so fast it was unreadable, so whilst I can add another "It didn't work", I can't say why or even which part.

edit: The r64 "Copy data from my old install" batch-file also didn't work for me just now, I did see at least 2 instances of not recognising "do" as a command, & didn't actually see anything copied (I just did it all manually).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:10:11 pm by JAFANZ »

KevinCathcart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On Windows 7 Ultimate x64 the symlinks script fell into some sort of infinite loop, repeating so fast it was unreadable, so whilst I can add another "It didn't work", I can't say why or even which part.
Thanks. That tells me exatcly what went wrong with it. Stupid legacy batch file format with its silent 8 character label limits. :-(
edit: The r64 "Copy data from my old install" batch-file also didn't work for me just now, I did see at least 2 instances of not recognising "do" as a command, & didn't actually see anything copied (I just did it all manually).
Yeah, I noticed that too.

I manage to confuse myself a bit with respect to how to fix the soundsense copy over issue, and this caused PeridexisErrant to confuse himself, and the net result of me trying to get one issue fixed, was that more were caused. Sorry about that.

EDIT:
A fixed version of both batch files should be available at https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B_OBfDT5YORKZzU0TjM1YU92MFU
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:50:01 pm by KevinCathcart »

dighat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I just downloaded this newb pack, it's probably my first time playing DF in a couple of years. I really want to try out stonesense, but every time I type "stonesense overlay" in dfhack console, it gives me another window with "Welcome to stonesense" and a bunch of credits to the artists and others involved. There's no isometric view on any window that pops up.

I can, however, type "stonesense" into the console and it gives me the isometric view without being an interactive overlay. I've searched all over this forum and reddit, and only found two other people who have this issue -- no one replied to them. So please, could someone help me so I can play some delicious, delicious isometric DF?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

I just downloaded this newb pack, it's probably my first time playing DF in a couple of years. I really want to try out stonesense, but every time I type "stonesense overlay" in dfhack console, it gives me another window with "Welcome to stonesense" and a bunch of credits to the artists and others involved. There's no isometric view on any window that pops up.

I can, however, type "stonesense" into the console and it gives me the isometric view without being an interactive overlay. I've searched all over this forum and reddit, and only found two other people who have this issue -- no one replied to them. So please, could someone help me so I can play some delicious, delicious isometric DF?
Only the "normal" stonesense starts in a popup, overlay should start in the DF window.

dighat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Only the "normal" stonesense starts in a popup, overlay should start in the DF window.

Ah, okay. Still, the overlay isn't working on DF window. All I get is the regular 2D with phoebus and the minimap on the right with the hotkeys in the middle. Would you have any ideas to force it to switch to isometric?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 385