Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098427 times)

jdwzl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_05 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #795 on: August 03, 2014, 04:18:10 am »

I migrated a save from 40.05 r1 to 40.05 r2 in which I was using the Spacefox tileset. When I install Spacefox and then open DF, it the tileset does not appear to work. Everything works if I select another tileset.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 03, 2014, 06:33:10 am »

I migrated a save from 40.05 r1 to 40.05 r2 in which I was using the Spacefox tileset. When I install Spacefox and then open DF, it the tileset does not appear to work. Everything works if I select another tileset.

So I'm having a rather strange issue, and I'm wondering if any of you can help me.

I generated a world with the pre-hotfix version which I rather like, but before I actually started playing in it, I heard that there was an error with that version and chose to upgrade. I copied the save file for the world by hand. Now, when I attempt to start playing in Fortress mode on that world (I haven't yet tried Adventurer or Legends), I get a "Word Definition Missing" error while the game is pre-loading entities.

It isn't the tile set, as I've changed tilesets several times and each one gives the same error. Is there an issue with the save itself, or is this something that can be fixed?

EDIT: Newly-generated worlds work as intended with every tileset.
There are some changes in the raws between .04 and .05, the most serious of which for updating saves is in the language files.  Go into the files and change every instance of YORE to YOR and it should work.  Relevant thread.

Thanks much. I'll let you know if it works.

EDIT: Gah, tags.

EDIT 2: Success. We have embarkation. Thanks again.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 03, 2014, 03:30:48 pm »

Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 04, 2014, 11:00:18 am »

PeridexisErrant, would you mind mentioning that this pack is for Windows in the title? It's not entirely obvious to new players (I've seen players confused about this using all platforms), and it would make this thread easier to search for. Thanks!
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

pocketox

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 04, 2014, 11:03:44 am »

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I try to launch DF with the launcher, it just tells me Dwarf Fortress.exe cannot be found

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_06 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #800 on: August 04, 2014, 06:34:51 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_06!  Get it here.

There's a few minor bugfixes, but mostly it's the DF update and updated graphics to match (which means losing CLA and Mayday temporarily).

Changelog:
 - fixed Spacefox graphics (new raw/objects/*)
 - changed to have Vanilla keybindings by default
 - updated Legends Viewer; minor bugfix
 - changed keybindings to match 40_05 vanilla; tracking @514 k->K, log @1307 e->g
** updated Dwarf Fortress to 40_06
 - updated ASCII default graphics to 40_06
 - updated Phoebus graphics to 40_06v01
 - updated Ironhand (unofficial) graphics to 40_06
 - removed CLA, Mayday graphics to avoid save incompatibility (40_06 has more raw chnages)
 - updated default inits, reinstalled embark profiles, bumped version numbers, repointed soundsense config, etc
 - updated Spacefox graphics to 40_06 v1
 - added Dwarf Therapist memory layout for 40_06

MD5:  73BEA1423495587A4ECCF49DB65E90C3
 Donations here.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 04, 2014, 06:38:10 pm »

Oh man, I'd just checked to see if this topic had updated (it hadn't) so I went to pull up the launcher for last version's r2, and it told me there was a new version! WOO! dWARF FORTRESSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Edit: ... uh... Peridexis? I think you goofed, it's still got 0.40.05 in...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:46:27 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 04, 2014, 06:57:41 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_06!  Get it here.

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10698917

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4ffa9b82eed914ac1251c63d569152dfdb7bd6f4&dn=Dwarf+Fortress+40_06+Starter+Pack+r1&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 04, 2014, 06:58:50 pm »

This happened to me before - it's a DFFD thing. Try again and it should be ok.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 04, 2014, 07:05:36 pm »

Ok, I'll try again.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 04, 2014, 07:12:45 pm »

Ok, I'll try again.

Yep.  Having looked into this somewhat, I think the problem is basically that when the pack gets 50 DLs in the first ten minutes, it's more bandwidth than the whole DFFD usually uses and the CDN serves the old file in some parts of the world.  Worst case, try again in a few hours or tomorrow morning. 
 Donations here.

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 04, 2014, 08:38:11 pm »

Thanks a lot for the update.

The new Spacefox tileset seems buggy : "coma" appears everywhere in my world, and gems use the wrong tile...

I tried Phoebus and Ironhand to compare, and these two works like a charm.
I tried generating a new world, same problem.

Disabling "Varied grounds" removes the comas, but the gems tiles are still weird.

Also : The path for DF Annoucement Filter in settings.txt is pointing to the wrong version of DF.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:07:09 pm by OzoneGrif »

Zedus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 05, 2014, 02:00:28 am »

Thanks  for the update!  :)
I'm HAPPY )))

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 05, 2014, 11:01:16 am »

:o Just dropping by to say a big thank you to you and the whole community of modders! I was ready to wait a few weeks until the pack parts were fully upgraded and updated but I am soooo happy to see it is already ready to roll.

Thanks!!! Now I can find new ways to share fun with my minions :)

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 05, 2014, 02:41:47 pm »

So I guess Falconne is busy with other projects/games, which leaves us with no mouse/utility as far as  I know, or is there another one out there that could be added to the pack?
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 385