Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113783 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_06 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #810 on: August 05, 2014, 02:51:16 pm »

So I guess Falconne is busy with other projects/games, which leaves us with no mouse/utility as far as  I know, or is there another one out there that could be added to the pack?
DFHack needs to be updated for Falconne's (or anyone's) plugins to work.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Mardukker

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with tetrahedric spikes of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 05, 2014, 05:12:35 pm »

Fast as usual, thanks a lot!

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 06, 2014, 07:15:40 pm »

I didn't see a discussion of the PerfectWorldDF utility and it's non-inclusion in the pack. Its been making my first week much, much more productive. Any notes on this?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 06, 2014, 07:34:40 pm »

I didn't see a discussion of the PerfectWorldDF utility and it's non-inclusion in the pack. Its been making my first week much, much more productive. Any notes on this?

I simply hadn't seen that the config for 40.xx was available.  Thanks, I'll put that in the upcoming version. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 06, 2014, 08:10:37 pm »

Spacefox wasn't updated per this post of yours

You can take the 40_05 set and update it with these files:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2ciwhp/dwarf_fortress_04006_released/cjgchxr

Also missing population cap, the other two graphic mods ironhand and phoebus are/look updated in the current pack. Hmm, even that post doesn't mention all of the changes. Missed olm man at least, ironhand and phoebus got them anyways, and it seems it was most of the humanoid creatures that were changed to 5:10 population, since [CREATURE:WILD_BOAR_MAN] was changed in creature_temperate_new. Phoebus does have that one changed so they are probably fully up to date. The humanoid creatures were changed in quite a few of the files Phoebus seems to have got them all.

I'll update what files spacefox need updating below (in raw\objects(I already did the other stuff that I wanted to fix for myself before I noticed). =done=

Minor changed needed/ can just replace with vanilla Dwarf fortress .txts in,
body_default             c_variation_default            creature_birds               creature_birds_new           creature_bug_slug_new
creature_desert_new   creature_domestic        creature_large_mountain     creature_large_ocean        creature_large_riverlake
creature_large_temperate   creature_large_tropical    creature_large_tundra  creature_mountain_new    creature_next_underground
creature_ocean_new        creature_savage_tropical   creature_small_mammal_new     creature_subterranean   creature_tropical_new
creature_tundra_taiga_new  entity_default                  item_ammo                   item_weapon

Minor changes but can't just replace: [CREATURE_TILE: differences is the reason why you can't just paste these ones.
creature_insects           creature_riverlakepool_new      creature_small_ocean           creature_standard      inorganic_stone_layer(obsidian)
language_words (YORE (vanilla) should remain as YOR (mods) could just replace YOR after you copy) Phoebus/Ironhand has YORE and not YOR. Did they switch over to YORE? Not that it'd be a bad idea for spacefox to do so but it'd break saves..
plant_crops           plant_standard

I'm using winmerge to see the differences between the two files, it's free. It seems to be a windows tool, so if you use mac or linux you may need to use a different program. There should be many different kinds out there.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:12:01 pm by LeoCean »

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 06, 2014, 08:57:34 pm »

I simply hadn't seen that the config for 40.xx was available.  Thanks, I'll put that in the upcoming version.

Oh, cool. Hey, I'm contributing in some small way!

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 07, 2014, 12:05:02 pm »

Also missing population cap
Yes, that missing variable in d_init.txt prevents all immigration in your fortress.
It almost destroyed mine, three dwarves were remaining, then I found out why, and it was the new cap missing.

SpaceFox was updated, but the new version seems buggy. I tried the official SpaceFox version with the same results.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 07, 2014, 12:24:43 pm »

The problem with the Spacefox "updater" is that it replaces YORE with YOR, even when it should remain as YORE (i.e. a world generated in 0.40.05+).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 07, 2014, 01:35:05 pm »

Also missing population cap
Yes, that missing variable in d_init.txt prevents all immigration in your fortress.
It almost destroyed mine, three dwarves were remaining, then I found out why, and it was the new cap missing.

SpaceFox was updated, but the new version seems buggy. I tried the official SpaceFox version with the same results.

Do you mean buggy as in the , and stuff? That's because that's just because the tiles that are being used for the thing is that symbol instead of a item/ a decent looking texture in the phoebus and ironhand sets. It annoys me to, but at least I understand now what causes it.  :P

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_06 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #819 on: August 10, 2014, 05:51:16 am »

The pack has updated to 40_06 r2.  You can, as usual, get it here.

Mostly relatively minor changes and re-added things, but worth pushing out before 40.07 is released. 

Changelog: 
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to 23.4
 - fixed / updated soundsense config
 - updated CaptainDuck's embark profile (in tutorials set)
 - re-added Mayday graphics; thanks to /u/lesighfortress for the updated files
 - added /u/MorbidPenguin's edits to the Quickfort blueprints; circles start in the center.
 - re-added PerfectWorld; thanks to jwhite.df for the tip

MD5:  85783CB424C3A83D0A5219DD84EE0DC0
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:55:28 am by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Crazed Lumberjack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 10, 2014, 10:23:23 am »

The pack has updated to 40_06 r2.  You can, as usual, get it here.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b6e5f94c2ffb69ff36d466d883098ded492d1a1c&dn=Dwarf+Fortress+40_06+Starter+Pack+r2&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:24:38 pm by Crazed Lumberjack »

AQuebman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 10, 2014, 02:29:29 pm »

I assume work is still being done to catch this up to 40.07 which was just released?

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 10, 2014, 02:47:34 pm »

I assume work is still being done to catch this up to 40.07 which was just released?
Starter Pack just combines tools known to work with a certain version so they're in one easy-to-grab place. Looking at 07's changelog, it looks like you could just drop it in place of .06 and the only thing with a significant impact would be Therapist (due to the labor changes), but I haven't tested this.

Urist McShaft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 10, 2014, 02:48:27 pm »

Yup, just in time for a new version.  Pity too, as I absolutely love the starter pack.  I have made a few attempts over the past many years to get into this game.  Finally broke through with .40 update and found this pack, which helps a ton.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 10, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »

Yeah the only thing with graphics pack changes are in plants_standard.txt, but maybe they want to give the new professions a sprite to use. It's weird entity_default wasn't changed. Of course that means most of the changes were done in the .exe so it may take a little longer for therapist to be updated.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:02:26 pm by LeoCean »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 385