Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4110476 times)

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_10 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1020 on: August 29, 2014, 06:02:11 am »

dfhack is out for 40.10 ....YEAH :D

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #1021 on: August 29, 2014, 07:44:56 am »

Great! (Actually, I've never actually used it for anything else, but I wanted to take a Stonesense screenshot of my current fort as it grows, so this is perfect timing.)

Um,... can I just download it and put it in with the other utilities in this excellent starter pack? How do I integrate it with the rest of the starter pack (or do I?). I don't know anything about this stuff (obviously).

Bill

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 29, 2014, 07:48:01 am »

Great! (Actually, I've never actually used it for anything else, but I wanted to take a Stonesense screenshot of my current fort as it grows, so this is perfect timing.)

Um,... can I just download it and put it in with the other utilities in this excellent starter pack? How do I integrate it with the rest of the starter pack (or do I?). I don't know anything about this stuff (obviously).

Bill
Until PE makes an official SP release, you can just install DFHack normally. For some reason the anchor links don't appear to work right for me, but https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack#installation-removal - if it doesn't go to the right header, it's "Installation/Removal".

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 29, 2014, 07:51:20 am »

Bill

i think its a bit more complicated than that sadly, but our DF starter pack guru will certainly update this gem :).

i really don't use much of DFhack myself, i only use the ingame job-overview screen to assign jobs. i prefer it over dwarftherapist because it can be managed from within the game. BUT i do love dfhack becaus it adds filters and search functions to different menues which is a must-have in my opinion. best example is the search function in the trade screen....looking for some gypsum plaster or another (or your first) anvil? just press "s" and type in the item you are looking for, in vanilla you have to carefully check every page and row in hopes to not overlook it. it is just a huge convenience boost in my opinion (dfhack).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 29, 2014, 08:20:07 am »

Bill
Until PE makes an official SP release, you can just install DFHack normally. For some reason the anchor links don't appear to work right for me, but https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack#installation-removal - if it doesn't go to the right header, it's "Installation/Removal".
You want https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack#installationremoval

To install DFHack, you only need to copy the contents of the archive into your DF folder (or decompress it 'over' the DF folder) - on Windows, this should overwrite SDL.dll, and on OS X/Linux, this should create a "dfhack" script in the same folder as the "df" script.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 29, 2014, 09:28:07 am »

Yay, DFHack! I think I'll wait for it to be included in the Starter Pack, because just that bit about "decompressing it over the DF Folder" is confusing to me today.

This is a good pack, either way, though I do look forward to that being added. Any ETA on when that might be? Would be cool to have it up and running for this three day weekend.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 29, 2014, 09:35:07 am »

Yay, DFHack! I think I'll wait for it to be included in the Starter Pack, because just that bit about "decompressing it over the DF Folder" is confusing to me today.
A less confusing way is to copy everything from the DFHack archive into the DF folder (the folder with the DF executable) - this should create a "hack" folder, replace SDL.dll (on Windows), and add a few other files.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 29, 2014, 11:24:57 am »

Bill
You want https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack#installationremoval
On my phone right now, but could have sworn I copied the link from the DFHack page's toc.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 29, 2014, 11:33:30 am »

Github's RST anchor support is buggy - the slash in the section title is converted to a hyphen in the TOC, but removed entirely in the actual anchor. (This occurs with other non-alphanumeric characters as well.)

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 29, 2014, 11:45:02 am »

Github's RST anchor support is buggy - the slash in the section title is converted to a hyphen in the TOC, but removed entirely in the actual anchor. (This occurs with other non-alphanumeric characters as well.)
literally the worst

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #1030 on: August 29, 2014, 02:44:44 pm »

Yup, that seemed to work fine. Piece of cake!

Thanks, guys!

Bill

Arshness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 29, 2014, 03:42:50 pm »

In case anyone else gets confused like I did, the install information is at https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack#installation-removal

but the FILES are here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0

Arshness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 29, 2014, 03:43:57 pm »

Nevermind. I am dumb today.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_10 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1033 on: August 29, 2014, 07:02:58 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_10 r2 - and now has DFHack again!  As usual, you can get it here.

DFHack includes a number of interface improvements, bugfixes, useful tools - including the ability to remove all contaminants on the map, or spawn magma over the head of every member of a specified species.  See the readme for details. 

Changelog: 
 - fixed 'Extras' installation; no effect but cleaner
 - added DFHack 40_10-r1
 - enabled Falconne's UI plugins
 - re-add DFHack tab in the launcher

MD5:  C0C8E8D82DA0A5FC0805E50EC5D20680
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:05:12 pm by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_10 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1034 on: August 29, 2014, 07:16:08 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_10 r2 - and now has DFHack again!  As usual, you can get it here.

DFHack includes a number of interface improvements, bugfixes, useful tools - including the ability to remove all contaminants on the map, or spawn magma over the head of every member of a specified species.  See the readme for details. 

Changelog: 
 - fixed 'Extras' installation; no effect but cleaner
 - added DFHack 40_10-r1
 - enabled Falconne's UI plugins
 - re-add DFHack tab in the launcher

MD5:  C0C8E8D82DA0A5FC0805E50EC5D20680
TPB: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10925876
Code: (magnet) [Select]
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:340be61d2181c1abcece913d04d09e1ea9651b78&dn=Dwarf+Fortress+40_10+Starter+Pack+r2&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 385