Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098554 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_11 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1245 on: September 16, 2014, 04:18:40 am »

For the record, PyLNP tooltips stay up indefinitely.

Tooltips on utilities are doable, but since the file names are indeed auto-detected, the text needs to come from an external source, and that source needs to be sufficiently updated.

My preference would be auto-populate this, probably by having an 'about' option that found and opened the readme.  Maybe it's laziness, but I'd prefer to spend more time coding and then just drop in the contents than have more configuration documents - but I like to think better compatibility with alternative launchers and an easier time for anyone who wants to set up an alternative pack are also good.  I'll think more about specific proposals and post in the PyLNP thread later. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_12 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1246 on: September 16, 2014, 07:09:41 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_12 r1!  As usual, you can get it here.

This update is mostly improvements to existing features, but not just that - the PyLNP is an alternative to the current Starter Pack Launcher, which include some nice extra features like a color scheme selector and an easy way to install more embark profiles.  Enjoy the update!

Changelog:
 - edited CLA tileset for punctuation with TwbT
 - updated default settings
** updated Dwarf Fortress to 40_12
 - all graphics are compatible this time; no need for an update
 - updated PerfectWorld to 1.8; supports current DF version and temperature maps
 - added the PyLNP launcher v0.4; will eventually replace the current launcher - provided for testing, feedback, and configuration.
 - updated DFHack to 40.12-r1
 - updated TwbT to v3.41; next-gen coming soon
 - updated script manager-quantity

MD5:  0AFB073A27C33D5E926C13AAE944738A
 Donations here.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 16, 2014, 07:28:31 pm »

This update is mostly improvements to existing features, but not just that - the PyLNP is an alternative to the current Starter Pack Launcher, which include some nice extra features like a color scheme selector and an easy way to install more embark profiles.  Enjoy the update!

Changelog:
 - added the PyLNP launcher v0.4; will eventually replace the current launcher - provided for testing, feedback, and configuration.

I'll get links and stuff posted after dinner, but for now:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:CA812226AA2CFA46EA0B5C0E72C8303D613467A4

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:20 pm »

Changelog:

I'll get links and stuff posted after dinner, but for now:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:CA812226AA2CFA46EA0B5C0E72C8303D613467A4

I'm seeding.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 16, 2014, 07:43:11 pm »

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/11044029

E: Ok, errything is updated.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:12:08 pm by salithus »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 16, 2014, 08:33:47 pm »

09/16/2014 Toady One Not: a lot closed today, but you can't link your levers to things they are already scheduled to be linked with, and cave adaptation works again. It's quite likely that there will be a release tomorrow.

TROLOLOL

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 16, 2014, 08:38:43 pm »

Not much of a troll... He did fix some of the lag the new version added, so when dfhack gets built for 40.13 it will be ok, they may use an unofficial dfhack like the one they are using now? Which could be out in just a few days.

There must be some post that explains what everything on the map means in 34.11 right? Anyone know of it? Doesn't matter if it's a phoebus legend or ascii legend, it'd be nice to have, since human civs make no sense at all to me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:41:32 pm by LeoCean »

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 16, 2014, 08:42:25 pm »

Not much of a troll... He did fix some of the lag the new version added, so when dfhack gets built for 40.13 it will be ok, they may use an unofficial dfhack like the one they are using now? Which could be out in just a few days.
Starter Pack release came out today because official dfhack came out today too.

/headdesk

Yep, graphics should be OK this time... I'm just used to them changing.  Therapist and DFHack will be missing though.

No therapist, or DFHack?  Well then I might as well go back to v0.23 if we are going to be living in the dark ages.  Geez.

For clarity:  if you update for yourself, you won't have those tools.  The official update wouldn't be complete without them, so don't worry - when the Starter Pack updates to 40.12 it will have both.

Which will be about seven minutes before 40.13 is released :)

e:

There must be some post that explains what everything on the map means in 34.11 right? Anyone know of it? Doesn't matter if it's a phoebus legend or ascii legend, it'd be nice to have, since human civs make no sense at all to me.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Tilesets

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 16, 2014, 08:55:07 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Map_legend, actually (and http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Map_legend would be more accurate for 0.34.11).
Edit: Assuming you're referring to world maps, that is.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 16, 2014, 09:16:38 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Map_legend, actually (and http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Map_legend would be more accurate for 0.34.11).
Edit: Assuming you're referring to world maps, that is.

Yes thanks that is what I was looking for, the one salithus posted I already knew about. It didn't quite matter which version it was, as long as it made the map make sense, I want to make a sort of map legend for Spacefox and myself.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:19:52 pm by LeoCean »

Hoooooooar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 16, 2014, 10:20:35 pm »

I will paypal someone $25 to fix hauling so they stop taking barrels to items instead of items to the barrels.  The offer is real!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1256 on: September 16, 2014, 10:48:35 pm »

I will paypal someone $25 to fix hauling so they stop taking barrels to items instead of items to the barrels.  The offer is real!
   While I can't fix it (nor can I fix it for bins either) but I can suggest some micromanaging that will help alleviate your problems. Say you have a 5x5 stockpile for whatever. Instead of just having that 5x5 area you make a 5x4 and a 5x1 area. You make the 5x4 allow as many barrels/bins as you want and the 5x1 not allow any barrels/bins. Then make the 5x4 area take from the 5x1 and only take from it. The 5x1 will then be the only valid space to store stuff and it doesn't allow barrels/bins so dwarves will just bring the stuff there. Then there will be stuff for the 5x4 to take from it and while they will haul the barrel/bin around to pick up stuff they only have to walk a few tiles.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 17, 2014, 07:01:21 am »

As usual, I'm enjoying the update, even if the GUI layout is new and different this time!

One note, and I thought this had been fixed in the pre-Python versions:
Launching Therapist no longer checks to see if it's already running, resulting in multiple copies running.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 17, 2014, 07:15:34 am »

As usual, I'm enjoying the update, even if the GUI layout is new and different this time!

One note, and I thought this had been fixed in the pre-Python versions:
Launching Therapist no longer checks to see if it's already running, resulting in multiple copies running.

...It's things like this that make me glad both are still in the pack - if it's a problem you can continue to use the non-Python launcher.  I'll see about getting that feature added though, thanks for the report.
 Donations here.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:13 am »

I just got the notification telling me of the new version but the window is really small, unresizeable and I can't see what is written on the 4 buttons. Could someone tell me what they are please? :P

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:59:21 am by Chattox »
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 385