Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4121917 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1440 on: October 01, 2014, 01:44:08 pm »

How would I get rid of TWBT? I really don't need it, and the ASCII stuff on the world map hurts me.

TWBT_LEGACY is twbt with the graphics world map. Or do what the guy above said.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1441 on: October 01, 2014, 05:00:56 pm »

Messing with the plugin directly will cause other odd display issues, due to the tiles used. Set print_mode:2d in the init instead - it'll disable TwbT and enable Truetype.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r4
« Reply #1442 on: October 03, 2014, 04:04:19 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_13 r4!  As usual, you can get it here.

40_13 r4 should address some fairly widespread confusion about whether graphics packs were working (they were) - since menus now use the 8x12 ASCII tiles and the launcher incorrectly displayed the "font" instead of the "graphics_font".  Since these are now expected to differ, the launcher has been updated to display the latter.  The ordinary zoom controls now apply to the map instead of the text (more intuitive), and the special zoom keys have been changed to avoid clashing with macro playback. 

If the graphics aren't annoying you, no need to update - but it should be better for new players. 

Changelog:
 - updated Starter Pack Launcher to v19.2; displays installed graphics correctly
 - updated TwbT to v5.17; several bugfixes and new features:
   - normal zoom now affects the map instead of text
   - special zoom now uses Ctrl-G / Ctrl-H to avoid conflicting commands

MD5:  44DBF621C6DC8DB0BD834638CE233F0F
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #1443 on: October 03, 2014, 07:07:54 am »

Most of the discussion here goes right over my head. Frequently, I have no idea what you're talking about.  :P  But I love the starter pack, and I love being able to see multiple levels in my fortress (especially since I'm building an above-ground fortress right now). Thanks much!

I also like being able to zoom the text and the map separately. My eyes aren't great, and I need the larger text size. (The text seems very crisp at the default size, but a bit too small for me. It's not nearly as crisp when I enlarge the font, but it gets readable with enough zoom.) Plus, I'm still overjoyed at seeing text, rather than weird graphics for the punctuation.  :)

Admittedly, I'm still using the starter pack launcher. I haven't even looked at the PyLNP launcher. Yes, I know that losing is fun, so I should be more adventurous, huh?  ;)  Then again, don't fix what ain't broke. Heh, heh. Oh, I'll check it out eventually. (Whether or not I'll understand it is another matter.)

Anyway, I just wanted to express my thanks. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into this, both the underlying programs themselves and putting them in a convenient pack like this. Thanks!

Bill

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 03, 2014, 09:40:39 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_13 r4!  As usual, you can get it here.

40_13 r4 should address some fairly widespread confusion about whether graphics packs were working (they were) - since menus now use the 8x12 ASCII tiles and the launcher incorrectly displayed the "font" instead of the "graphics_font".  Since these are now expected to differ, the launcher has been updated to display the latter.  The ordinary zoom controls now apply to the map instead of the text (more intuitive), and the special zoom keys have been changed to avoid clashing with macro playback. 

If the graphics aren't annoying you, no need to update - but it should be better for new players. 

Changelog:
 - updated Starter Pack Launcher to v19.2; displays installed graphics correctly
 - updated TwbT to v5.17; several bugfixes and new features:
   - normal zoom now affects the map instead of text
   - special zoom now uses Ctrl-G / Ctrl-H to avoid conflicting commands

MD5:  44DBF621C6DC8DB0BD834638CE233F0F
Sig/wiki updated and seeding away.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r4 & DFHack Workflow gotchas
« Reply #1445 on: October 03, 2014, 09:44:27 am »

I turned on DFHack Workflow from the starter pack, but didn't do anything with it explicitly. On the next and subsequent starts I had it turned off.
I then noticed a new behavior (versus r3), namely that failed repeat jobs ended up as suspended rather than deleted, despite workflow being disabled in the starter pack, which seems to imply workflow activation status is stored in the save rather than controlled by the starter pack (thus resulting in a starter pack integration issue). The second issue is with Workflow itself: I deleted an unwanted repeat job, but it just reappeared suspended at the bottom of the list (and I want to use that space to repeat OTHER jobs). Going to the DFHack terminal I finally figured out from the Workflow description that this is what it does: requeues repeat jobs removed for any reason, including user removal. When that was understood, the workaround was simple: FIRST remove repeat, then remove the job. Given the newbie slant of this excellent package, some kind of warning associated with Workflow might be warranted (it would be even better if Workflow would be capable of distinguishing between user and automatic job removal, but that info might not be exported by DF), especially since it isn't disabled by the Starter Pack (just looks like it is). I haven't tried disabling Workflow after loading a save, though.

Psyra

• Escaped Lunatic
  • has created "Flamebait", a legendary forum post!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #1446 on: October 03, 2014, 10:09:41 am »

FIRST remove repeat, then remove the job.

Ahhh, I had this *also* happening in R3, but soon also figured out the 'R, then C' step there. It only has happened in R4 for you so far? Weird.

What  really wish was a way to save off your Workflow profile for use in multiple games. Saves you in a new game from having to re-set all the basics like 15-30 beds any wood, 40-50 doors any stone, 15-30 cabinets any stone, yada yada.

*hmms, goes to hunt down the 'feature suggestions' area for Workflow* :D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:13:14 am by Psyra »

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: October 03, 2014, 10:13:42 am »

Ahhh, I had this *also* happening in R3, but soon also figured out the 'R, then C' step there. It only has happened in R4 for you so far? Weird. :)

What  really wish was a way to save off your Workflow profile for use in multiple games. Saves you in a new game from having to re-set all the basics like 15-30 beds any wood, 40-50 doors any stone, 15-30 cabinets any stone, yada yada. :)
Somewhere buried in the DFHack thread is instructions for doing this I believe - only limitation at the time of the discussion was not having the hooks for running scripts on world gen, but there's definitely a way to generate the script at least.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 03, 2014, 10:34:10 am »

What  really wish was a way to save off your Workflow profile for use in multiple games. Saves you in a new game from having to re-set all the basics like 15-30 beds any wood, 40-50 doors any stone, 15-30 cabinets any stone, yada yada.

From the help screen:
workflow list-commands
List active constraints as workflow commands that re-create them; this list can be copied to a file, and then reloaded using the script built-in command.

And from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130505.msg4948556#msg4948556 :
script filename

That thread has excellent suggestions for workflow ideas, by the way.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 03, 2014, 01:50:58 pm »

Ahhh, I had this *also* happening in R3, but soon also figured out the 'R, then C' step there. It only has happened in R4 for you so far? Weird.

*hmms, goes to hunt down the 'feature suggestions' area for Workflow* :D

Here is my script I stole from Arumba.

I should note anything set in this will default to these values when you reload a save so if you do want anything changed you will have to edit it in here to before you reload. That should mean you have to exit out of dwarf fortress but I'm not 100% sure on that. I did add #! infront of workflow things I didn't want to turn out right away. So I could just delete any #! in the file instead of deleting # which may cause problems.

I'm also pretty sure you have to at least build the building then choose the item then enable repeat and then workflow on it for it to enable. You just don't need to set the amount or type.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:53:25 pm by LeoCean »

TheFreshPrince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 03, 2014, 02:55:42 pm »

Hey Peridexis, I am using your 34.11 starter pack with just the pure bugfixes enabled. Is the bug where goblins stop bringing mounts (for any reason, including the death of their leader) fixed in this version?

Is there anywhere I can see a list of all the bug fixes for this version?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 03, 2014, 03:09:49 pm »

Are you asking about DF bugs fixed as of 0.34.11, or DF bugs fixed by DFHack in 0.34.11?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TheFreshPrince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 03, 2014, 03:15:00 pm »

Both :p I'd love to know all the bugs that are fixed in the complete package I am using, specifically for now though any bugs related to goblins not bringing mounts, as I have had 3 or 4 sieges and they haven't brought anything besides trolls as of yet.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 03, 2014, 03:35:48 pm »

@Psyra: The reason I hadn't encountered the issue with R3 is that I hadn't tried to turn on workflow in that version, so actually nothing strange there.

Something that DOES seem to be new with R4, however, is that I keep getting error messages for the automatically allocated render fat job:"Urist cancels Render fat: Needs 150 unrotten FAT RENDER_MAT-producing glob." and I've also gotten a similar 150 unit message when trying to produce soap (from rendered fat). 150 seems to be an awfully large number. I know I'm out of bags, if it really is an issue with a lack of target containers. It's not an issue of the fat sitting a long while before processing starts so it isn't stale.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 03, 2014, 03:44:35 pm »

This looks neat, much more in depth than LNP was back in the day...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 385