Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122788 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5
« Reply #1530 on: October 17, 2014, 12:01:31 pm »

Are you guys perhaps on 2d printmode? I'm seeing r5 defaults to curses font and curses graphics font and 2d printmode.

Ah nevermind all of mephs items overrides are appearing black, this is from twbt. Ah yes this is a issue in 2.24 I thought that was the newest version (when I saw the update) but this was fixed in 2.25 quite awhile ago (6-7 days ago). You can get 2.26 here just extract whats in the 40.13 folder to Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\plugins and overwrite.

bigolslabomeat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 17, 2014, 12:04:56 pm »

Are you guys perhaps on 2d printmode? I'm seeing r5 defaults to curses font and curses graphics font and 2d printmode.

Ah nevermind all of mephs items overrides are appearing black, this is from twbt. Ah yes this is a issue in 2.24 I thought that was the newest version (when I saw the update) but this was fixed in 2.25 quite awhile ago (6-7 days ago). You can get 2.26 here just extract whats in the 40.13 folder to Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\plugins and overwrite.

Can confirm this fixes it, but URL is http://do1.mifki.com:8810/dashboard (non Session ID based one).

Thanks!

Edit: Not sure how I feel about the Spacefox modifications, nice that there is some more "texture" to certain blocks and numbered water looks way better.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 17, 2014, 12:11:01 pm »

Thanks LeoClean!

It works as it should again when the 4 files were replaced.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 17, 2014, 01:00:50 pm »

Heh yeah I didn't notice the session part of it.

Edit: Not sure how I feel about the Spacefox modifications, nice that there is some more "texture" to certain blocks and numbered water looks way better.

The other grass? It was added because alt tiles made it look like poop without them, and I didn't want to include the same ones as the other ones. The stone had to be changed though because it blended so well with the stone on the floor making it pretty hard to tell where the floor started and wall started in youtube videos at least on the brown stone at least. Mephs masterwork inspired the water textures in the numbers for water, Lava should be pretty interesting with that.

The added overrides for spacefox makes it look much nicer though. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wbnkz8h0205njdj/AABJUDEJbn9dPEbdaZWkwATQa?dl=0 They should work with most of the other tilesets too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:02:33 pm by LeoCean »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 17, 2014, 01:57:05 pm »

Does this new version fix any performance bugs?
This isn't a new version of DF - the only problems the new version of this pack fixes are with third-party utilities or raw/configuration files that weren't updated.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

MichaelB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 18, 2014, 07:22:12 am »

Since upgrading to r5 one of my saved games crashes every time you try to follow a creature while my other save game is working fine. If I change the print mode to anything other than TWBT it appears to work fine. Also, if I leave the window the default size on load it works fine (with TWBT) but if I maximise the window it it will crash. I've upgraded TWBT to 5.26 but this does not appear to change anything. I've been using the PyLNP launcher mostly but I've also tested it with the old launcher too.

This game has used a few DFHack commands, digv, digtype and clean mostly so perhaps something has been corrupted. Do you guys think it is worth investigating? I'm happy to provide files if you want.

MIC132

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 18, 2014, 08:55:42 am »

In the newest (r5) version, in the pyNLP launcher, I can't change pop-cap and such. Nothing pops up when I click them.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 18, 2014, 09:05:41 am »

Since upgrading to r5 one of my saved games crashes every time you try to follow a creature while my other save game is working fine. If I change the print mode to anything other than TWBT it appears to work fine. Also, if I leave the window the default size on load it works fine (with TWBT) but if I maximise the window it it will crash. I've upgraded TWBT to 5.26 but this does not appear to change anything. I've been using the PyLNP launcher mostly but I've also tested it with the old launcher too.

This game has used a few DFHack commands, digv, digtype and clean mostly so perhaps something has been corrupted. Do you guys think it is worth investigating? I'm happy to provide files if you want.
If it only occurs with TwbT enabled, it's almost certainly a TwbT problem.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 18, 2014, 10:55:11 am »

In the newest (r5) version, in the pyNLP launcher, I can't change pop-cap and such. Nothing pops up when I click them.

Fixed for the next PyLNP release.

Kyeld

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r4
« Reply #1539 on: October 18, 2014, 12:56:33 pm »

I'm having a serious issue with this pack: Certain keys activate modded features that conflict with default keybindings, but only sometimes. Other times it works perfectly. So far I've noticed the following.

- Using q on a bed then trying to 'create bedroom' with r will open a weird, blank menu. I have to esc out of it to actually make the bedroom, and it's a pain in the butt when making lots of bedrooms.

- Using s for the quad menu opens a menu that does something I can't recall. I have to esc out to get to the squads menu.

- Pressing m activates a menu that lists the material preferences of dwarves. Pressing esc to exit it does not take me to the military screen, just the default top menu. This makes it impossible to access the military screen so long as the bug is active.

This is driving me crazy. Have I messed something up somewhere? How do I make it stop?

I'm having the same issue, the only fix I've found is to press alt again after alt+tabbing into the game, then the keybinds work normally. I've never experienced this bug before, the last Starter Pack version I used was 40_06 r1.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:23:23 pm by Kyeld »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 18, 2014, 02:29:40 pm »

It's a fairly common problem on Windows. Does it occur if you disable Quickfort (if you have it enabled)?

paranoidweazle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 18, 2014, 02:32:10 pm »

Hey guys,

My game crashes as well when I use the command "stonesense overlay".
The game is extracted and I have a world in which I have already embarked.
I just updated my .NET framework and the issue still persists.

I'd provide a crash report, but I wouldn't know where to find it.
Any idea what could be going wrong? and is there any other information you guys need from me?

Thanks in advance, pretty excited to get playing this modpack when I get all the features running.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 18, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »

I have a really dumb question. How do I turn most of the DFHack stuff that shows up inside DF off? I like nanofort, and DwarfTherapist access, but that's really all I want. I've come to some serious problems where DFHack utilities are using the same keybinds as stuff in DF. I can't access my military screen, can't move my embark site down/south, and a few other problems.

I just want to play a game.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 18, 2014, 03:08:11 pm »

Well that could be the hotkeys you are you using, the game should show you which keys to press to access that menu and the moving of the embark site can be different than it was before the addition of the nano fort/ sand indicator so check that hotkey too.

dfhack.init should be where you'd disable most of the stuff. Have fun with it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 18, 2014, 03:22:01 pm »

Much appreciated.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 385