Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098528 times)

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_15 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1695 on: November 10, 2014, 05:24:50 am »

After installing Dwarf Fortress 40_15 Starter Pack r2 my logitech profile does not load up for the executable, funny thing is it worked for Dwarf Fortress 40_15 Starter Pack r1

i updated the profile to load with the new folder/executable (as per usual)

anyone have any ideas what may be causing this ?

paxy97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: November 10, 2014, 07:59:16 am »

So I just updated to .15 from .14. Fresh start and I notice that it displays "?" for DFHack keybindings. For example when opening the workflow menu with alt-w in the lower right part or when selecting a world.

Here are some screenshots:

Don't Panic!

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: November 10, 2014, 08:16:12 am »

That is a known problem with DFHack on Windows, easy enough to fix:

It's a known bug in the Windows version (and it's not just manipulator). Find the "<symbol-table name='v0.40.15 SDL' os-type='windows'>" line in <DF>/hack/symbols.xml and add this line under it:
Code: [Select]
<global-address name='keydisplay' value='0x181C170'/>

Nasarius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: November 10, 2014, 09:51:27 am »

It looks like graphics packs aren't working in r2.

Same procedure: unzip the starter pack, click Play in the launcher. In r1, this gives you the default Phoebus pack as expected. In r2, you see a brief flash of Phoebus, then it reverts to the standard ASCII graphics. I've tried installing another pack and enabling TrueType fonts, but it always reverts.

Changing Print Mode to Standard or 2D fixes it.

So apparently this is the expected behavior of TWBT. I dunno, it seems like a really weird default. Like even after you've embarked, the map tab is still ASCII.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:33:31 am by Nasarius »

adanufgail

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: November 10, 2014, 11:01:17 am »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1700 on: November 10, 2014, 11:22:49 am »

It looks like graphics packs aren't working in r2.

Same procedure: unzip the starter pack, click Play in the launcher. In r1, this gives you the default Phoebus pack as expected. In r2, you see a brief flash of Phoebus, then it reverts to the standard ASCII graphics. I've tried installing another pack and enabling TrueType fonts, but it always reverts.

Changing Print Mode to Standard or 2D fixes it.

So apparently this is the expected behavior of TWBT. I dunno, it seems like a really weird default. Like even after you've embarked, the map tab is still ASCII.
With TWBT any menus will be in ASCII as most people find it easier to read, especially if the tileset they are using has vastly different things like the various punctuations as ground tiles and such. I personally like it, especially on the embark selection map as most tilesets confuse me on that.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Harpya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: November 10, 2014, 03:11:51 pm »

Hi, I am new to the forum, and also pretty new to Dwarf Fortress.

I hope this is the right place for my question:

I have been downloading several of the recent starter packs for V40, including the most recent one to date, 40_15 r2.

My two issues:
- Stonesense never works. I get the "is not a recognized command error". Is it actually a part of this DFHack version? If yes, what am I doing wrong? If it isn't, how can I add it? The download from the official site is very confusing.
- Dwarf Therapist shows a Happiness of zero for all dwarfes. Their mood is never shown, never changes. This bug did not appear with the version I used for my first games which was the starter pack that came with nothing but the mayday graphics preinstalled, version 40_05.

My machine is a very recent MSI laptop with Win 8.1 x64.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am shy to start a new game and go all deep with the feeling present that something is off from the start.

Thanks a lot!

Silpion81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: November 10, 2014, 03:14:19 pm »

Dwarf Therapist has not been updated to the newest changes in DF, just ignore the happiness rating for now.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: November 10, 2014, 03:17:05 pm »

My two issues:
- Stonesense never works. I get the "is not a recognized command error". Is it actually a part of this DFHack version? If yes, what am I doing wrong? If it isn't, how can I add it? The download from the official site is very confusing.
No - it hasn't been updated for 0.40.14+. Also, what's confusing about the DFHack download? If you download it from the links in the thread, all you have to do is unzip the file and copy the files within into your DF folder (overwriting the existing files if necessary).
- Dwarf Therapist shows a Happiness of zero for all dwarfes. Their mood is never shown, never changes. This bug did not appear with the version I used for my first games which was the starter pack that came with nothing but the mayday graphics preinstalled, version 40_05.
This is because DT hasn't been updated for the new emotion system introduced in DF 0.40.14. An alternative is DFHack's manipulator plugin (u-l), which displays units' stress levels (which are similar in function to the previous happiness values).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Harpya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: November 10, 2014, 03:27:28 pm »

That was fast, thanks! What a great forum!  :)

So, there is no stonesense for the current version, correct? Can I import my save game into a future updated version? I know how to do it technically, but is it usually expected to be compatible and able to be continued?

(My remark about the confusing download was referring to downloading stonesense on its own to add it to DFHack manually, so never mind)  :)

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: November 10, 2014, 04:26:54 pm »

Saves are usually compatible at this point in the development cycle, and the starter pack will even do it for you if you run the Copy data from an older Starter Pack batch file in the starter pack folder.
Only when Toady does sweeping updates(such as the big .40 one and the first few bugfixes) will saves be incompatible, usually he tries to not have it happen.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:29:54 pm by Nail »
left eye

vexxice

• Bay Watcher
  • Traveling at the speed of Urist (not that fast)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: November 10, 2014, 04:34:37 pm »

This is probably a problem on my end... but I'll ask anyway. When I use Dwarf Therapist it claims that all of my dwarves are miserable. I highly doubt this is the case given the state of my fortress. Everything is engraved, nearly everyone has their own room, plenty of food/beer etc.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: November 10, 2014, 04:53:27 pm »

This is because DT hasn't been updated for the new emotion system introduced in DF 0.40.14. An alternative is DFHack's manipulator plugin (u-l), which displays units' stress levels (which are similar in function to the previous happiness values).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

paxy97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: November 10, 2014, 06:53:37 pm »

So I found another bug. After some time in game I can't open the military menu anymore. It just opens this screen which I have no idea where it comes from:

Also when I press "s" for the squad menu it opens a settings menu where it appears I can choose init.txt files.
Don't Panic!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: November 10, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »

So I found another bug. After some time in game I can't open the military menu anymore. It just opens this screen...
Thanks for providing the screenshot - it makes diagnosing bugs much easier. 

This is a known issue with DF generally - if you alt-tab away, it thinks the alt key is still depressed when you return, which then calls the wrong keybindings.  This can be fixed by pressing and releasing the alt key when you notice the problem.  (A more permanent solution will have to wait for Toady to update graphics...)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 385