Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122669 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_23 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #2145 on: January 12, 2015, 04:26:50 am »

No. if it could have been fixed by modding, it would have been.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 12, 2015, 07:02:50 am »

Is there any way to change the 23 version to include this bugfix http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144483.0 by modding or overwriting some files?
Because it makes the game totally unplayable.

If not then I just play some games only year 1 in 23 (so before I get decent militia) and continue them with 24 later when we get the patch.

Alternatively, if the bug bothers you that much, spend the time learning to play without DFHack. It's not that difficult, and Dwarf Therapist memory layouts for 40.24 will probably be out by the time you've got too many Dwarves to cope with.

Honestly, Dwarf Fortress really is a fun game just as it is.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:04:43 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 12, 2015, 09:27:16 am »

The military isn't completely broken in .23. I found squads of 3 guys still go out and kill usually.

But yeah I've had my .24 fort on hold for DT because I got my 3rd migrant wave.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 12, 2015, 04:25:30 pm »

Yeah, the problem happens when you send out too many soldiers at once. I never had more than 10 soldiers, usually, so that's why I never saw an issue.

Thom293

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: January 14, 2015, 06:23:52 pm »

Is there any way to change the 23 version to include this bugfix http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144483.0 by modding or overwriting some files?
Because it makes the game totally unplayable.

If not then I just play some games only year 1 in 23 (so before I get decent militia) and continue them with 24 later when we get the patch.

Alternatively, if the bug bothers you that much, spend the time learning to play without DFHack. It's not that difficult, and Dwarf Therapist memory layouts for 40.24 will probably be out by the time you've got too many Dwarves to cope with.

Honestly, Dwarf Fortress really is a fun game just as it is.

First - thanks to the folks that put this together.  I have been playing off and on for years and LNP (or whatever you call it now!) is the way to go.

Second - what does the above quote mean?  Is there a current military problem that is caused by DFHack and/or DT?  I havent played since 40.08 and I honestly dont understand the exchange above.  I use LNP, but dont use DFHack for anything other that whatever the vanilla LNP changes are. 

I do use Soundsense, QF (only on a start, run, close basis - I dont keep it running) and DT.  And I guess the "falconne UI plugins" that I think are enabled by default in LNP.  Otherwise no other changes or mods.  Is there a "game breaking" current issue with LNP, or am I reading the above quote wrong?

Again - thanks again to all of the contributors here.  Makes it unpainful to start up with DF at any time.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: January 14, 2015, 06:36:06 pm »

Second - what does the above quote mean?  Is there a current military problem that is caused by DFHack and/or DT?  I havent played since 40.08 and I honestly dont understand the exchange above.  I use LNP, but dont use DFHack for anything other that whatever the vanilla LNP changes are. 

There was a bug fixed in 0.40.24. DFHack is not updated to 0.40.24.

Also, saying it makes the game "totally unplayable" is a pretty big exaggeration. Just don't have 50-person militias.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: January 14, 2015, 06:40:52 pm »

(To clarify, it was a DF bug, not a bug caused by utilities.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: January 15, 2015, 01:19:00 am »

With this latest starter pack I'm again having the issue where certain icon flashing isn't showing up.  For example.  a dwarf falls asleep on the ground, I get a flashing Z on them like they are asleep.  They go to sleep in beds, no Z, just flashing on off between the bed and the dwarf.  I'm noticing this behavior when dwarves are carrying/hauling things as well, sometimes its not showing the item they are hauling, just normal non-flashing dwarf running around.

I posted about this a few versions back and someone else had also started having the issue.  This is with mostly default settings with the starter pack.  No change in grapphics or mods. 

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 15, 2015, 06:08:45 am »

With this latest starter pack I'm again having the issue where certain icon flashing isn't showing up.  For example.  a dwarf falls asleep on the ground, I get a flashing Z on them like they are asleep.  They go to sleep in beds, no Z, just flashing on off between the bed and the dwarf.  I'm noticing this behavior when dwarves are carrying/hauling things as well, sometimes its not showing the item they are hauling, just normal non-flashing dwarf running around.

I posted about this a few versions back and someone else had also started having the issue.  This is with mostly default settings with the starter pack.  No change in grapphics or mods. 
I'm pretty sure that's a DF bug, not utilities. I checked a save with ASCII without dfhack and no "Z".

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 15, 2015, 02:29:39 pm »

[sorry found better thread to post in]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:33:47 pm by Dramegno »
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: January 15, 2015, 08:54:43 pm »

Does anyone know how to re-enable the tile-edge shadows that were default in the 40.11 starter pack r3? Or how to enable multilevel view that was an option in the launcher?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: January 15, 2015, 09:15:40 pm »

That's all Text Will Be Text.

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: January 15, 2015, 09:29:21 pm »

Is that a plugin? I'm not sure how to install that.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: January 15, 2015, 09:55:06 pm »

Is that a plugin? I'm not sure how to install that.

Are you not playing the latest version of the starter pack? Make sure in the launcher the print_mode is set to either TWBT or TWBT_LEGACY. Any of the other options 2d for example won't activate text will be text. Or you may be wondering why the multilayer view isn't as deep as it use to be or why the shadows aren't as dark as they use to be.

You'll want to open up dfhack.init which is in Dwarf Fortress 40_xx Starter Pack r1\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.xx and there you will see multilevel xx it's not recommended to go more than 10 and 5-6 is better for fps. That is what you will want to edit to see more z levels below.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: January 16, 2015, 12:46:00 am »

Does anyone know how to re-enable the tile-edge shadows that were default in the 40.11 starter pack r3? Or how to enable multilevel view that was an option in the launcher?

It's still enabled by default, so I suspect antivirus issues.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 385