Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113813 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_23 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #2220 on: January 24, 2015, 03:23:39 pm »

After a few months of not playing, I just redownloaded the newest LNP, but I've found that I can't install any graphics packs.

http://i.imgur.com/dLoXKqY.png

It's really frustrating because I can't seem to find anyone else with the problem. And I checked, the tilesets are all in the /data/art folder.

Have you actually gotten ingame to see that it isn't working? Cause now the embark map is displayed like that until a better workaround is found. If you want your graphics pack to display at least until embark just use 2d printmode until you are embarked then save and exit the game and turn TWBT printmode on. Is it possible to change printmodes ingame? with the dfhack console? I know multilayer works.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 24, 2015, 08:11:04 pm »

Ok, based on (almost nonexistent) feedback I'll try to post the new pack later today, with a minor graphics packs update ;)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 24, 2015, 08:29:11 pm »

Thanks!

By the time I saw the sneaky update and tried to get it, it was clogged...

Thanks for your diligence

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #2223 on: January 25, 2015, 06:06:50 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r1!  As usual, you can get it here.

Finally!  DF 40.24 is the last update for a while, and delivers a load of bugfixes as Toady goes off to work on the Inns and Taverns arc (probably 41.01).  DFHack 40.24-r0 is an official release, but a few things are non-functional due to missing memory offsets.  Mods have been temporarily removed due to raw changes, and forthcoming improvements to the merge logic - you can still add your own, I'm just not including them for now. 

Overall, a big pile of bugfixes and a couple of new features you can read up on in the DFHack readme and NEWS files.  Thanks for your patience - and Strike the Earth!

Changelog:
 - updated links for DFFD hostname migration
 - QF tooltip warns of alt-key interception
 - disabled seedwatch again; this time for good
 - updated DF to v40.24; many bugfixes and probably the last before 40.01
 - updated DFHack to 40.24-r0; some globals missing and reliant plugins will unload
 - added new DT memory layout
 - removed all mods due to raw changes and forthcoming merge logic upgrade
 - updated TwbT to v5.41
 - fixed Dorven Realms install; .dll files were missing
 - updated graphics packs for 40.24

MD5:  BC08EB48B405CB5BD63CBEA04FA7E4BC
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 25, 2015, 06:18:55 am »

- updated DFHack to 40.24-r0; some globals missing and reliant plugins will unload
FYI: Quietust did some work on that overnight. Looks like everything you need except for stardwarf.
(Edit: nevermind, saw you response in the dfhack thread. slow uplink sux balls. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:24:48 am by fricy »

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 25, 2015, 08:37:23 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r1!

Great news !! I'll be right back on DF for it's been a while I haven't played. I was waiting for this special fix-bugs-update to come out :)
Thanks for the work !

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 25, 2015, 08:56:12 am »

A couple of minor issues with this version (on my computer):
- The DF Hack tab comes up empty, i.e. there are nothing in the list (only the "Hack" and "Enabled" headings appear), and I don't think that's intended.
- The Folders and Links menus at the top are unresponsive (i.e. no lists appear). File Run and Help work as per normal. Went back to the previous version to get the link back to this forum...

Garrette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 25, 2015, 10:40:34 am »

- The DF Hack tab comes up empty, i.e. there are nothing in the list (only the "Hack" and "Enabled" headings appear), and I don't think that's intended.
- The Folders and Links menus at the top are unresponsive (i.e. no lists appear). File Run and Help work as per normal. Went back to the previous version to get the link back to this forum...

I'm getting the same thing with the latest version. Previous version seemed to work fine.

Yandapanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 25, 2015, 12:30:34 pm »

I've downloaded twice and the zip seems to be corrupted.  :-[
-- Yanda

Childeric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: January 25, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »

I read what you asked and I read that in the release notes :

DFHack 40.24-r0 is an official release, but a few things are non-functional due to missing memory offsets.  Mods have been temporarily removed due to raw changes, and forthcoming improvements to the merge logic - you can still add your own, I'm just not including them for now.

I suppose that some of the extension are currently not updated to v40.24. As I use autobutcher, it's an issue for me because some of the automations seems to be absents of the new pack. And if you look at the message, you'll see DFHack still missing some UI memory entries and it will lead to quite a few options being absent of this release.

Hopefully, I'm sure DFHack will be soon updated to a more stable version. Like any commmunity driven thing, with frequent game patches that can lead to major changes, you have to wait a few weeks to get things solved. I play KSP (Kerbal Space Program) and it's the same thing. If I were a better developper I could help to find things and develop this but I'm not.

EDIT //

As I said, we just have to be patient :)

Good news! Quietust found the remaining offsets, now we just need expwnent to update the main repo with them.

...Just after I spent *three hours* uploading a pack with r0. 

Awesome news nonetheless, and I'll deal with that in two days when I have a decent uplink again.

So hopefully, all will be fine soon.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:29:28 pm by Childeric »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: January 25, 2015, 03:11:08 pm »

I saw the release comments, and I assumed "some" wouldn't mean "all", i.e. I had expected some missing appearances. Since I don't use mods, I haven't checked that tab.

I don't have a problem with being patient, but if something seems to be off I think it's a good idea to report it. Anyway, the guys seem to be on it.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 25, 2015, 03:26:52 pm »

If you try to use adventure mode with the current pack your game will implode.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 25, 2015, 04:36:54 pm »

Well, I've got it going, but the legends exporter wont work and my worlds aren't being saved the next time i boot it up. Have a feeling i'm missing something rather then a bug.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 25, 2015, 05:27:04 pm »

New dfhack is out:

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.40.24-r1

1. Can I update my Starter Pack manually or will it break something?
2. Should I just copy all the new Dfhack files into Starter Pack folder and override old files?

Cheers,
Matt

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: January 25, 2015, 05:35:51 pm »

2. Should I just copy all the new Dfhack files into Starter Pack folder and override old files?
This should be safe. Keep in mind that there are reports of this version (of this pack) not recognizing DFHack, but DFHack itself should work normally.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 385