Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098143 times)

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r6
« Reply #2445 on: March 05, 2015, 03:12:06 am »

Odd issue I just ran into, made whole new world, new fortress.

When issuing jobs via dwarf therapist, I tick jobs to turn off, and then they just auto-magically turn on, on other dwarves.

Like turning off all woodcutting for "Sirbob" then when I commit that change, "SirSilly" suddenly picks up those jobs.

wtf ?
(I'm guessing I did something, how do I fix it? :))

Do you have the autolabor plugin enabled in the main launcher?  uncheck it next time you start up DF, or I believe you can go to the DFhack window and just type autolabor off.

I prefer autolabor to dwarf therapist, but def find they do not work well both enabled.  Autolabor will just do things how it wants and you have to configure it specifically to not, so therapist will turn jobs off and autolabor just turns them right back on again, or assigns some other dorf to do it.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r7
« Reply #2446 on: March 05, 2015, 03:59:03 am »

Did you guys see that Starter Pack got mentioned in Toady's interview?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: March 05, 2015, 04:55:58 am »

Did you guys see that Starter Pack got mentioned in Toady's interview?

8)  Yep.  All their screenshots are from the starter pack, too!

Did you see the littlest cheesemaker becoming a Reddit sensation?  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 05, 2015, 08:30:23 am »

how do you disable the multi lvl view?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: March 05, 2015, 09:38:59 am »

how do you disable the multi lvl view?
a, Disable twbt plugin by switching print mode to 2D in the launcher:
-› you'll lose the extended item sprites and separate text tiles, but you can use truetype text.
b, enter multilevel 0 into the dfhack console, or add it to dfhack.init
-› rendering will be done with twbt, but only one level at a time. No truetype.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: March 05, 2015, 06:51:59 pm »

Did you see the littlest cheesemaker becoming a Reddit sensation?  ;D

Wait, what?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: March 05, 2015, 07:48:46 pm »

The Armok, God of Blood page - currently all-time #11 and climbing.  It's more that specific panel, but there's a few new readers too :D  (and now we should get back on topic)
 Donations here.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: March 12, 2015, 08:52:17 am »

Is the Ironhand set dead in game?  Tried to install it this morning and got an error message.  Was just playing with the different sets to see what I liked.  Been playing with Mayday forever but tried Obsidian which I liked...but couldn't tell the stones apart which made life difficult.

(edit) disregard.  I rarely play with graphics but evidently changing to CLA screwed up the graphics folder.  Had to delete and reinstall.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:12:37 am by ragincajun »
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: March 19, 2015, 10:15:18 am »

Latest version (just installed it) but using JUST my savegave from 40_23 r3 crashes every time the season starts to change and it autosaves.  The save never gets made either, so the crash happens at the very start of it. :(

What is the big difference between DF 23 and 24 again?  I'm going to have to rollback to an earlier version but if 24 had enough changes I might just try going back one starter pack R version at a time, but if not anything major (to me at least) I'll just save the time and go all the way back to the one that Ive been using that I know works for me.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: March 19, 2015, 12:47:53 pm »

Latest version (just installed it) but using JUST my savegave from 40_23 r3 crashes every time the season starts to change and it autosaves.  The save never gets made either, so the crash happens at the very start of it. :(
Most crashes in 40.24 are caused by building constructions over/next to trees.
What is the big difference between DF 23 and 24 again?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Release_information/0.40.24

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: March 19, 2015, 10:27:29 pm »

Yup, saw that.  I never even made it to the point of building anything new.  Nor was anything in the process of being contructed.  Installed latest version, ran the batch script to copy my old saves over.  Ran the game.  Once inside I did a caravan trade that I didn't have time to do before I left work, and I let the rest of the season run out with my dwarves all smoothing some stone on a new level, or running their normal tasks like smelting steel and hauling things around.

I do have walls up top, does the bug effect stuff thats already built and a tree then grows in next to it perhaps?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: March 19, 2015, 11:22:01 pm »

I do have walls up top, does the bug effect stuff thats already built and a tree then grows in next to it perhaps?

Yep, this also causes a crash (though it's harder to trigger deliberately). 
 :(
 Donations here.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: March 21, 2015, 04:02:01 am »

and this is specific to the DF version .24, NOT the tools or df or mods or anything else in the starter pack?  Because here at work I'm using:
Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r3

No crashes, no problems.  Brought my savegame home on a flash stick, discovered my home version was
Dwarf Fortress 40_23 Starter Pack r3

So I downloaded your latest and greatest, 24 r7.  Crashes now with that, not with 24 r3.  strrrraannggee hrrrrmm??? yeessss???

So I'm thinking maybe the tree growing thing isnt the cause, at least in my case.  When I get off work in about 4 hours I'm going to copy my entire DF directory structure that I use here at work and just straight copy it all on my home PC and see if it plays or not.  That should help me determine at least if its something fishy in a later pack or not.  Hopefully.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: March 21, 2015, 04:45:48 am »

So I'm thinking maybe the tree growing thing isnt the cause, at least in my case.  When I get off work in about 4 hours I'm going to copy my entire DF directory structure that I use here at work and just straight copy it all on my home PC and see if it plays or not.  That should help me determine at least if its something fishy in a later pack or not.  Hopefully.
The "tree-crashes" were introduced in 40.24.
Could be caused by twbt, but hard to tell for sure. You can turn it off in the graphics tab of the launcher. Try without, and see if it's stable, maybe try updating your graphics driver.

boysfromthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • two years in and still a noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: March 22, 2015, 06:34:40 am »

Think fricy might be on to something here, a week or so ago started back on Df and got 24 r7 (Previously been using 24 r2), i never use twbt, had a few problems with it before when it first came onto the starter pack so have learned to work without. Anyhoo i digress.... have never had the "dreaded tree crash".
Hats off to fricy he could of solved it

As always amazing work PE thanks for everything you do 
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 385