Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113477 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r10
« Reply #2580 on: May 08, 2015, 12:14:00 pm »

...Don't panic at the length of the README...

Wow - Yeah, there is a bit to read thru there, a function or two that I might want to get familiar with.  8)

THANKS!

<scampers off to do just that!>

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: May 08, 2015, 12:44:04 pm »

Okay, ran into a hiccup - I'll line out what I did, you can tell me where I went wrong...

Went to https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack#installation-removal, hit "Download ZIP" (bottom link in right-hand margin). Unzipped into DF folder (where the DATA, RAW, & SDL folders are, etc.).

That's also where the file SDL.dll is, and in the Installation instructions, it sez...

Quote from: DFHack Readme
Copy the files from a release archive so that:

o    On Windows, SDL.dll is replaced

... but it wasn't (and I got nothing special when I restart DF). Never got a prompt asking me if I wanted to replace it, and the "last modified" timestamp is still the original 2008.

Bad/wrong download?  ???

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:46:41 pm by Albedo »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: May 08, 2015, 01:34:13 pm »

You downloaded the source code. Check the releases tab instead.
Also, that would be better posted in the DFHack thread.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: May 10, 2015, 05:53:09 pm »

(oops, my bad.)

But that got me what I needed, all loaded and operational now. The "tabs" for the diff downloads were not obvious until you pointed them out. Thanks!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r11
« Reply #2584 on: May 12, 2015, 07:32:55 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r11!  As usual, you can get it here.

This is a big release - I've been accumulating stuff for a while without enough time to actually test it all!  Thanks to some very generous people) and the general change of focus from keeping up with Toady to making new stuff, this is a good one.

Without too much detail there are some nice fixes (TwbT, graze), beautiful new utilities - go export some legends for BlockyMapApp - and a nice set of UI improvements for new players in the launcher (PyLNP and tooltips) and the early game (mouse-only worldgen!).

But enough talking - go strike the earth!

Changelog:
 - updated TwbT to 5.45; improved Adventure Mode support
 - added DwarfMockup 1.0.3; DF-like quickfort blueprint creation interface
 - added menu-mouse v0.12; makes embark menus click-able
 - added Blocky Map App 1.0; true 3D renderer for legends mode maps
 - updated PyLNP to v0.10; mostly UI upgrades
 - added tooltips to all graphics packs via (new) manifests
 - fixed missing GRAZE_COEFFICIENT in d_init.txt

SHA256:  085debf19d5fcac67e99b927349173fbd4fa302d87c4cfa2f46b9baedc1b2420
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Probe1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: May 12, 2015, 10:22:49 am »

Nice update on blocky map, I was looking forward to using that.  I've had some issues with legends processor stalling out.  I'll try to create a comprehensive bug report other than "It didn't find any files to export!" later today for you.

Sazabi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: May 12, 2015, 11:20:51 am »

Realy big release. Nice new interface!

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: May 12, 2015, 11:39:37 am »

always great work,

Thank you
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Klekavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: May 12, 2015, 06:15:51 pm »

Neat, thanks.

Small problem with the clickable embark menus, though; you can't scroll through your list of dwarves with the keyboard controls anymore. Keyboard controls still work with every other part of the menu - skills, items, etc. - but not dwarves for some reason. Or maybe it's just my game?

Cheers.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: May 12, 2015, 06:50:19 pm »

Nice update on blocky map, I was looking forward to using that.  I've had some issues with legends processor stalling out.  I'll try to create a comprehensive bug report other than "It didn't find any files to export!" later today for you.
Thanks - good bug reports are too rare :)

Small problem with the clickable embark menus, though; you can't scroll through your list of dwarves with the keyboard controls anymore. Keyboard controls still work with every other part of the menu - skills, items, etc. - but not dwarves for some reason.
I'll pass this on, thanks for letting me know.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

bodgingbrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: May 12, 2015, 11:07:21 pm »

Neat, thanks.

Small problem with the clickable embark menus, though; you can't scroll through your list of dwarves with the keyboard controls anymore. Keyboard controls still work with every other part of the menu - skills, items, etc. - but not dwarves for some reason. Or maybe it's just my game?

Cheers.

I'm having the same issue, was driving me nuts! I didn't even notice the part about clickable menus, I'll use that to embark, thanks!

Space Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • undulates rhythmically
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: May 13, 2015, 01:40:03 am »

Neat, thanks.

Cheers.

This. I was raging for a bit. I have never touched the mouse before now while playing DF and it feels dirty.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: May 13, 2015, 01:47:30 am »

Thanks PE, great work as always!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Klekavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: May 13, 2015, 05:49:05 pm »

*snip*

This. I was raging for a bit. I have never touched the mouse before now while playing DF and it feels dirty.

I know, right! It seems like such a small thing but it bugged me so much that I felt compelled to make it the topic of my very first post to this forum.

It's easy to disable if it really drives you nuts. "menu-mouse disable" in DFHack.

I hope I don't sound ungrateful though, PE, and I know it's the plugin maker's fault and not yours. I very much appreciate what you do here. And the makers of the mods, for that matter.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: May 13, 2015, 09:14:51 pm »

Neat, thanks.

Cheers.

I've actually found mouse control for designations to be fairly decent.  Well, I hate using nothing but rectangles, and prefer "rounded" or other designs, so "painting" makes more sense than rectangular fill. 

Using the mouse to loo'k' at a stack without having to actually cancel out of a menu or pause the game is also nice. 

But yeah, it's kind of weird to play DF, and have the Interface not actively spitting in your face or screaming obscenities at you while canceling all your job orders because some dwarf lost a barrel.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 385