Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112091 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r16
« Reply #2835 on: October 21, 2015, 03:26:42 pm »

The fix is actually https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/pull/617, which is going to be part of the next DFHack release. I don't know when expwnent's going to be able to make a release, although it ought to happen soon - either way, building a fixed plugin for DFHack 0.40.24-r3 is actually more work for (most) devs than building a new release, so it's more likely that a release will happen first.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: October 21, 2015, 07:11:57 pm »

So with graphics I am double clicking on spacefox 16px but it's coming up with ascii in-game (at the map menu. I'm starting a new fortress.)

Any idea what might be wrong?

All I did between games was quit out and re-run DF and suddenly having this graphics issue - probably something I did, but god knows what?!

Any help appreciated.

Edit: I started a fortress, and the graphics are correct once in a game, however the map screen and trying to find a decent spot to start are ascii. Not sure what changed there?

Edit: Ok I manually chose spacefox_text in the customise menu not sure why it wasn't doing this when at the "Choose" menu when installing spacefox... Instead it installs curses.. go figure?!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:32:02 pm by thefinn »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: October 21, 2015, 08:26:04 pm »

When using "print_mode:TWBT" (the default for this pack), all menu text and embark stuff uses the FONT and in-fort (or adventurer) maps use the GRAPHICS_FONT.  I set curses as the default FONT because all the menus and world maps are designed for it, though as you note this can be changed in the customise menu - but then you have eg coffins as a zero.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: October 21, 2015, 08:39:47 pm »

When using "print_mode:TWBT" (the default for this pack), all menu text and embark stuff uses the FONT and in-fort (or adventurer) maps use the GRAPHICS_FONT.  I set curses as the default FONT because all the menus and world maps are designed for it, though as you note this can be changed in the customise menu - but then you have eg coffins as a zero.

TWBT is definitely on, I just came back to actually say something is really wrong. I had made a new world before I left my old fort and I can still see aquifiers are still off and yet it made the world with aquifiers on, as they are all over - I hadn't noticed it before as I merely did a search and embarked.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: October 22, 2015, 04:32:11 pm »

Quite easy to fix, check in your save file and the raws if [AQUIFER] is there or it's !AQUIFER!. It will default back to [AQUIFER] if you change or reload a tileset. And if it is still set just hit the little button to turn it on and off again it should work. If not just replace all the [AQUIFER] in your save file with !AQUIFER! it's in inorganic_stone_soil and inorganic_stone_layer.

Honestly I just change it before I load a tileset in the graphics folder so I don't need to deal with having to make a new map just cause I forgot it diverts back when you change tilesets since most tilesets don't have it off by default and it isn't going to be off in the lnp until you hit that button to make sure it is after you load a tileset which you can forget.

So with graphics I am double clicking on spacefox 16px but it's coming up with ascii in-game (at the map menu. I'm starting a new fortress.)

Any idea what might be wrong?

All I did between games was quit out and re-run DF and suddenly having this graphics issue - probably something I did, but god knows what?!

Any help appreciated.

Edit: I started a fortress, and the graphics are correct once in a game, however the map screen and trying to find a decent spot to start are ascii. Not sure what changed there?

Edit: Ok I manually chose spacefox_text in the customise menu not sure why it wasn't doing this when at the "Choose" menu when installing spacefox... Instead it installs curses.. go figure?!

Did you restart from 0_40_13 to 0_40_24? :P, It's been that way for awhile, you can always use TWBT_LEGACY it uses the graphics font for maps unless mifiki changed that, but I doubt it. And then just reload the game and change back to twbt mode so you get the correct font when you play after you have embarked. Em well that isn't correct, it should still give you the correct font but twbt_legacy mode is laggier? Or something.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:33:45 pm by LeoCean »

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: October 24, 2015, 06:22:50 am »

thanks for the reply!

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: October 24, 2015, 06:23:28 am »

The fix is actually https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/pull/617, which is going to be part of the next DFHack release. I don't know when expwnent's going to be able to make a release, although it ought to happen soon - either way, building a fixed plugin for DFHack 0.40.24-r3 is actually more work for (most) devs than building a new release, so it's more likely that a release will happen first.

Which version can I download that doesn't have that bug in it?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: October 24, 2015, 06:27:24 am »

There isn't one, or it would be part of the current starter pack.  I've been pushing for a DFHack release for some time now, so try to be patient  :-\
 Donations here.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: October 24, 2015, 11:21:12 am »

There isn't one, or it would be part of the current starter pack.  I've been pushing for a DFHack release for some time now, so try to be patient  :-\

So this is something that was overlooked for some time was it ?

I noticed on the bug report something about R4, so.. that was quite a bit ago...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: October 24, 2015, 12:35:15 pm »

It's an issue that is not fixed in the current DFHack release, 0.40.24-r3, but has been fixed since then and will be fixed in the next/upcoming DFHack release, 0.40.24-r4. (The last DFHack release with "r4" in its name was 0.34.11-r4, so maybe you're confusing it with that.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: October 24, 2015, 01:18:27 pm »

It's an issue that is not fixed in the current DFHack release, 0.40.24-r3, but has been fixed since then and will be fixed in the next/upcoming DFHack release, 0.40.24-r4. (The last DFHack release with "r4" in its name was 0.34.11-r4, so maybe you're confusing it with that.)

Bleh, yeah my bad I was confusing it with DF versions lol.

I hadn't had my coffee yet. It's kind funny half way through the day seeing some derp you did before coffee, so bad...

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: October 29, 2015, 09:02:31 am »

Just upgraded my machine and getting a LOT of crashes.  Therapist won't start with the rest of the LNP, DF crashes when I try to save, etc.  I have one of the new i7 Skylakes, and performance went up a LOT for single-threaded apps, but the crashing is taking a lot of the fun out of the game  :P  Has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Algee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: October 31, 2015, 05:40:16 pm »

I tried adding my utility to the utility folder (the .exe i've compiled with py2exe), and I get the following error when I try and open it through the LNP.

Code: [Select]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "run.pyc", line 4, in <module>
  File "Window.pyo", line 161, in __init__

File "Tkinter.pyo", line 1814, in __init__

_tkinter.TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
    {C:\Users\Algee\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI39202\_MEI\tcl} C:/Users/Algee/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI39202/_MEI/tcl8.5 D:/!!FUN!~1/LNP/Utilities/lib/tcl8.5 D:/!!FUN!~1/LNP/Utilities/lib/tcl8.5 D:/!!FUN!~1/LNP/lib/tcl8.5 D:/!!FUN!~1/LNP/Utilities/library D:/!!FUN!~1/LNP/library D:/!!FUN!~1/LNP/tcl8.5.15/library D:/!!FUN!~1/tcl8.5.15/library

C:/Users/Algee/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI39202/_MEI/tcl/init.tcl: version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.5.15, need exactly 8.5.2
version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.5.15, need exactly 8.5.2
    while executing
"package require -exact Tcl 8.5.2"
    (file "C:/Users/Algee/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI39202/_MEI/tcl/init.tcl" line 20)
    invoked from within
"source C:/Users/Algee/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI39202/_MEI/tcl/init.tcl"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list source $tclfile]"

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

I tried downloading the pyLNP source and it opens it just fine.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 05:42:12 pm by Algee »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: October 31, 2015, 08:59:18 pm »

Have you seen this yet? It's a near-complete TWBT set for Phoebus.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: October 31, 2015, 10:57:43 pm »

I tried adding my utility to the utility folder (the .exe i've compiled with py2exe), and I get the following error when I try and open it through the LNP.

Replied in that thread.  If we can sort it out soon I'll include it in this week's release, otherwise it'll wait until next time.

Have you seen this yet? It's a near-complete TWBT set for Phoebus.

Yep, it'll be in the upcoming release.
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 385