Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4111823 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3300 on: February 04, 2016, 06:32:34 pm »

Would there be any chance that you could tweek the copy old data to copy over custom embark profiles? i know the pack already knows how to dynamically enable or disable the specific categories so it could it just sense which hare not the default and create and carry over a new txt file possibly labeled custom embark profiles?

It would be more along the lines of "build a new script that works similarly", so instead I'd like to build a better alternative into PyLNP.  It's a work in progress...  but as planned will allow you to add custom files rather than only the ones I foresee.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 05, 2016, 12:55:17 pm »

Noticing something new today with this that I haven't seen before...

Auto Gemming?  I just got two jewelers into my fortress today in a migrant wave.  Built two workshops and stockpiles.  Next thing I know they are both cutting gems and the queue is full of gems for cutting.  I haven't set anything. 

New feature?  I do like it although I wish I could turn it off for one shop to be the Encrusting shop.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 05, 2016, 02:58:32 pm »

I'm glad you posted (auto-gemming)... I thought I was seeing things or had something new turned on.  I think that's a DFHack setting/script.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 05, 2016, 03:57:40 pm »

It's autogems, a new plugin, which was mentioned in the DFHack release notes (which are worth reading). You can disable it in the standing orders menu.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 05, 2016, 05:57:09 pm »

Hmm...can that be added to the DFHack options tab?

Scorch

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 05, 2016, 07:50:12 pm »

I shifted my save from the 42.04 version of the starter pack to the 42.05 version, and I just had a CTD that makes me think I just failed to copy the save over properly.

Has anyone else had a CTD about when a mooded dwarf finishes his creation?

Nope, just tried again and the guy finished the artifact without a crash. Hmm.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:30:35 pm by Scorch »
...and have a fortress protected by weaponized killer trousers. No need for an army. When goblins arrive, just deploy the pants.

Blue McRanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 06, 2016, 01:50:07 pm »

Love the addition of autogems. I used to find cutting all the gems I found so tedious. A, C, R, A C R + ad nauseum. I do agree that it should be clearer how to toggle it on or off, entirely or by specific workshop, but quite pleased and grateful with the plugin as is.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: February 08, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »

Love the addition of autogems. I used to find cutting all the gems I found so tedious. A, C, R, A C R + ad nauseum. I do agree that it should be clearer how to toggle it on or off, entirely or by specific workshop, but quite pleased and grateful with the plugin as is.
The biggest problem is getting room in the workshop to encrust with gems..lol.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 08, 2016, 02:17:16 pm »

How do I diagonse crashing? I'm using the cutting edge pack and nothing interesting, just autolabor. But it typically crashes after a few months.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 09, 2016, 12:11:57 am »

I think autogems should just use a repeat order, instead of duplicate ones, like work flow does. And also allow you to reserve some number of free gems.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 09, 2016, 05:32:31 pm »

The problem is that repeating jobs would either result in cancellation spam or require extensive checks to automatically cancel them. Also, vanilla standing orders generate individual jobs (as far as I know).
Is something similar to autochop's dashboard a good idea for autogems?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

GaenaralHONK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 10, 2016, 10:30:02 am »

I'm getting the crash someone reported a few pages back where the game crashes when furniture is designated to be built. I was furnishing a bunch of bedrooms and after designating somewhere between 20-30 pieces of beds/coffers the game crashed twice now. Did we resolve what was responsible for that? I'm running DFHack with automation plugins, workflow and the performance tweaks on the 42.05-r01 pack.

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: February 10, 2016, 03:09:22 pm »

I'm getting the crash someone reported a few pages back where the game crashes when furniture is designated to be built. I was furnishing a bunch of bedrooms and after designating somewhere between 20-30 pieces of beds/coffers the game crashed twice now. Did we resolve what was responsible for that? I'm running DFHack with automation plugins, workflow and the performance tweaks on the 42.05-r01 pack.

At the time I found that "Mouse Controls" were the culprit, but I didn't tested it with a new save, so it's not 100% sure thing. Are you placing the furniture with the mouse when the crashing happens?
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: February 10, 2016, 04:56:57 pm »

Are you sure it's not TwbT? TwbT distributes a modified version of the mousequery plugin.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: February 10, 2016, 05:09:08 pm »

And TwbT is the likely culprit behind the panning crashes I've had. Since I stopped using TwbT I haven't had any of those.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 385