Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122670 times)

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3390 on: March 06, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »

the mouse edge scrolling is driving me up the wall, is there a way to disable that but still keep the mouse functionality for building/mining etc?
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: March 06, 2016, 02:17:57 pm »

Yeah, it's probably "mousequery edge disable", but check "mousequery help" or "help mousequery" if that doesn't work.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: March 06, 2016, 06:07:21 pm »

the mouse edge scrolling is driving me up the wall, is there a way to disable that but still keep the mouse functionality for building/mining etc?
'Mouse Controls' is misleading, there's mouse functionality with or without that turned on. That's only for the edge scrolling, and it doesn't work very well. I think it should be renamed to 'Cursor Scrolling'

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: March 06, 2016, 07:18:25 pm »

'Mouse Controls' is misleading, there's mouse functionality with or without that turned on. That's only for the edge scrolling, and it doesn't work very well. I think it should be renamed to 'Cursor Scrolling'

Yeah, it's probably "mousequery edge disable", but check "mousequery help" or "help mousequery" if that doesn't work.

Thanks for the help.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: March 06, 2016, 07:38:53 pm »

To be clear, the mousequery plugin implements a lot of mouse functionality, like being able to click anywhere on the map instead of pressing v/k/t/q. From what you said, I'm assuming this pack enables most mousequery functionality by default, but leaves that launcher option to toggle the "edge" option in mousequery (in which case I agree that it should be renamed).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: March 07, 2016, 12:55:09 am »

https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack/blob/master/base/PyLNP-json.yml#L27

mousequery is not enabled by default, so if you want clickable stuff but not scrolling just edit pylnp.json
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: March 07, 2016, 02:34:44 am »

https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack/blob/master/base/PyLNP-json.yml#L27

mousequery is not enabled by default, so if you want clickable stuff but not scrolling just edit pylnp.json

Hmm. I do not have Mouse Controls on but I have clickable stuff. I never touched the console. You might want to double check that.

I'd appreciate a reply to the GemSet stuff on the previous page, by the way.

Edit1: If you look in the cutting edge archive on the download page ( http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11309 ) and go to Line 213 of Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06\dfhack.init you can see that it is enabled by default.

Edit2: You can also see in the default DFHack configuration, mousequery is in fact enabled: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/master/dfhack.init-example Line 210

Edit3: Also, it has been like this for a while. Here is DasTastic's YouTube tutorial on a much older version of the pack, at this point he's talking about the mouse control option: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9u08IFNE3qE&list=PLGB6RkFB7ZmNbSUujzXbgNjJi_-WHTTTD#t=796 And you can see in his later tutorials he is using basic click functionality.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:43:08 am by Yinseng »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: March 07, 2016, 05:42:40 am »

Sorry, for clarification I meant "nothing enabled beyond the DFHack defaults".

For Gemset, the copy in this pack is exactly the one from GitHub.  I don't know why it's not working and don't have anything productive to add.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: March 07, 2016, 04:16:13 pm »

I made a world and embarkex in it on a vanilla no tilset/graphic/ mods, I copy it to the save folder in the proper place. Then when I install a graphic pack via LNP interface, it works and skips the save with the "would have broken raws" message. 

is there an easy way to turn off that protection or  is the problem I need to install graphics before genning the world and its legit?

Thanks

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: March 07, 2016, 04:50:13 pm »

Hullo, I have a problem. I want to download the latest verison but whenever I click on the link that leads me to the website where I can download it. it takes forever to load and doesn't even finish, I took a screen shot

can you please tell me whats wrong?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: March 07, 2016, 04:56:30 pm »

I made a world and embarkex in it on a vanilla no tilset/graphic/ mods, I copy it to the save folder in the proper place. Then when I install a graphic pack via LNP interface, it works and skips the save with the "would have broken raws" message. 

is there an easy way to turn off that protection or  is the problem I need to install graphics before genning the world and its legit?

Thanks

The warning is there for a reason, yeah.

mobucks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: March 07, 2016, 09:01:27 pm »

Hullo, I have a problem. I want to download the latest verison but whenever I click on the link that leads me to the website where I can download it. it takes forever to load and doesn't even finish, I took a screen shot

Same for me.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: March 07, 2016, 11:34:12 pm »

I've also been working on cleaning up the creation myth/magic system generator

From the latest post on the main page. I'm looking forward to seeing what Toady's done, although it's questionable if it will be implemented in the next release.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: March 08, 2016, 12:02:17 am »

For Gemset, the copy in this pack is exactly the one from GitHub.  I don't know why it's not working and don't have anything productive to add.

I've figured out the problem. The folder needs to be renamed from 'Gemset' to 'GemSet', and then the starter pack program will properly highlight it green when it is activated.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: March 08, 2016, 12:05:34 am »

Same for me.

Looks like that site is having issues, there's a mirror here: http://df.wicked-code.com/
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 385