Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4108914 times)

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3405 on: March 08, 2016, 12:21:37 am »

Only thing I realize is I had days older dfhack compiled from git installed. I guess that changes the file enough to que the message.  I'll try to update my old DF install's dfhack to  current resave and recopy and try again. I can't try now so I'm typing about it instead...

sivistojko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: March 09, 2016, 09:52:15 am »

Hello all. I'm a relatively new player and now for the first time I'm changing to newer release and I'm wondering can I use save game file from 0.40.24 release in 0.42.06 release? I downloaded this new version that is not fully complete yet but when I update the save game on the graphics tab, I get some critical error about Missing Item Definition Item Instrument Flute!? Is that only graphics update or the actual game update? Do I need to run that update at all? Without updating I can run the game from the save file but I don't know is it the 0.40 or 0.42 version? I'm very confused.

necrotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: March 09, 2016, 10:58:30 am »

Hello all. I'm a relatively new player and now for the first time I'm changing to newer release and I'm wondering can I use save game file from 0.40.24 release in 0.42.06 release? I downloaded this new version that is not fully complete yet but when I update the save game on the graphics tab, I get some critical error about Missing Item Definition Item Instrument Flute!? Is that only graphics update or the actual game update? Do I need to run that update at all? Without updating I can run the game from the save file but I don't know is it the 0.40 or 0.42 version? I'm very confused.

The wiki page claims that you can use 0.40.24 saves in 0.42.06, and its usually correct. Its likely graphics issues as there are a new item types and raws.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Save_compatibility

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: March 09, 2016, 04:48:34 pm »

However, you might want to start a new world even if the save is compatible technically, because a number of features introduced in 0.42.X won't appear in older saves because these things are in workshop RAWs or generated during world gen.
Instruments are made up during world gen, for instance, so you won't get any. I doubt you'll be able to build book cases or make quires because these reactions are missing from workshops, etc.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: March 09, 2016, 06:52:51 pm »

If you're using DF 0.42, you will have most 0.42 features available. It sounds like the "raw update" actually broke your save, so try using a backup of your save (or at least replacing data/save/<your save folder>/raw/objects with the corresponding folder from a backup of your save).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: March 09, 2016, 08:23:36 pm »

I've noticed since I switched to the latest starter pack, the game crashes when I open the (d)etails -> historic figure menu.  The other details, like selecting stone, seem to work fine.  Is anyone else having this issue?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: March 09, 2016, 08:35:13 pm »

Yes:
The game crashes whenever I try to design a statue/figurine using a historical figure. This occurs in forts started in the current version, as well as my main fort which was started in 42.05.

EDIT: It does NOT occur when using a clean install of the base game (i.e. not using LNP).

People have figured out the cause of it in the DFHack thread. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next DFHack version.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: March 10, 2016, 06:20:49 am »

Aha, excellent.  Thanks, Lethosor!
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

IAmTheRad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: March 10, 2016, 04:22:56 pm »

DFHack has been updated on the github. The crashing issue should be fixed.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: March 11, 2016, 12:06:51 am »

Note that the update only fixes new saves. Previous saves that were crashing still need a script to fix the crashing on them to be run.

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: March 11, 2016, 07:40:04 am »

Any advice on how to do that?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: March 11, 2016, 07:48:37 am »

It's in the dfhack thread.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: March 11, 2016, 08:12:07 am »

Note that the update only fixes new saves. Previous saves that were crashing still need a script to fix the crashing on them to be run.
Incorrect. It repairs old saves when they're loaded as well.

Ertaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: March 13, 2016, 10:24:27 am »

Guys, did you meet too the 'Masterwork had been lost' thing when a trader leaving with a traded masterwork ware?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: March 13, 2016, 10:27:14 am »

Guys, did you meet too the 'Masterwork had been lost' thing when a trader leaving with a traded masterwork ware?
It's a well known bug introduced in 0.42.06 itself, and has nothing to do with LNP.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 385