Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113938 times)

Brienne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3750 on: July 12, 2016, 01:05:08 pm »

0.43.03-r02

Got a virus alert "Zbot.ANBS", Trojan horse, from AVG
Object: utilities\DwarfMockup\DwarfMockup-1.2.0.exe

Am I the only one ?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:06:59 pm by Brienne »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: July 12, 2016, 03:01:04 pm »

Oh, yeah, that was Eswald that removed the bindings. I don't know if anyone has done a full analysis of whether workflow/stockflow can be removed entirely or not yet.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: July 12, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »

Iirc, there are some features of workflow that work better than manager (infinite orders and stimulating native orders such as auto tan) - not sure if there's anything a manager does better, having orders be typeable in part?

Have used neither, granted, but since they don't conflict I'd suggest leaving the workflow lines at most commented out, like #tweak military-training *shrug*

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: July 12, 2016, 11:38:36 pm »

Workflow works with gui/workshop-job, which lets you specify all input materials for all jobs. I'm not sure if it works with the new manager or not. I haven't tried modifying work order jobs. If it even works, you'll probably lose the details when it completes.

Edit: The workshop-job details are lost whenever a batch completes or the job cancels, as this removes the workshop entry. You need to use workflow for specific milling, brewing, soap making, etc.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:54:13 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: July 13, 2016, 01:10:50 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.03-r03!
As usual, you can get it here.

This update checks off a range of new and old bugs, along with some new bugs caused by old bugs.  Fun all round.
Hopefully I won't find anything else that needs fixing before a 64bit pack is ready with 43.05... or perhaps a later version.  Time to strike the earth!

0.43.03-r03
 - DungeonSet: can select in launcher, change on saves correctly, better text tileset
 - updated Armok Vision (bugfix)
 - added Therapist config (absent due to subtle old bug)
 - fixed SoundSense log config
 - removed Workflow option in launcher (replaced by vanilla manager upgrade)

SHA256:  e2de47c4ec181ad3de39ab403bd6354c3a92e394273cb34bd0f231205ddfb956

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Galian_Gadris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: July 13, 2016, 04:37:11 am »

Thanks PE, as always you're amazing

EDIT: Now that i've got the manager stuff working nicely with repeatable jobs and conditions, i haven't found any uses yet for needing Workflow at all so far, so more than happy to use the built in one
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:40:03 am by Galian_Gadris »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: July 13, 2016, 07:26:49 am »

Long time no using workflow or dfhack in general, but doesn't workflow allows you to do things the manager doesn't right now like auto-slaughter and auto-cut threes?

While the manager did got a huge boost in utility it still has stuff one could consider important missing. Also the manager and job orders are in dire need of a guide or a wiki update.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:29:36 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Whatsifsowhatsit

• Bay Watcher
  • Big geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: July 13, 2016, 07:50:06 am »

Thank you very much, PE! That's what I was waiting for to get to playing again <3

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: July 13, 2016, 10:50:02 am »

Not sure if i need to post this in the PyLNP thread. I tried PE's LNP.

I can't seem to be able to get my mod working. I have two changed raws and they work without problems if i replace them with the core game. In the mod menu it is green and says no conflict if i install it but my changes aren't in the game when i create a new world.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:09:56 pm by Incantatar »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: July 13, 2016, 12:40:25 pm »

I can't seem to be able to get my mod working. I have two changed raws and they work without problems if i replace them with the core game. In the mod menu it is green and says no conflict if i install it but my changes aren't in the game when i create a new world.
It can depend on which files you are changing.  If I recall correctly, graphics pack changes are applied last, and those can affect vanilla creature raws.

Try setting yourself up for pure ASCII first, then do your mod merging and see how things work.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: July 13, 2016, 12:59:32 pm »

Reports on Reddit of duplicate sounds in Soundsense indicate I misconfigured it again... after fixing the bug that meant config was *never* edited.  Will fix next time.

Long time no using workflow or dfhack in general, but doesn't workflow allows you to do things the manager doesn't right now like auto-slaughter and auto-cut threes?

While the manager did got a huge boost in utility it still has stuff one could consider important missing. Also the manager and job orders are in dire need of a guide or a wiki update.
Those functions are provided by separate DFHack plugins - 'autobutcher' and 'autochop'.  Agreed on the documentation, but basically I think newbies are better off learning the manager now - and newbies are the core target audience for this pack, because there's no real alternative.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: July 13, 2016, 01:26:15 pm »

Those functions are provided by separate DFHack plugins - 'autobutcher' and 'autochop'.
In that case then carry on. I recalled them inside workflow but if they are not then workflow is indeed not longer needed.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: July 13, 2016, 01:49:42 pm »

It's still useful for somethings the new work order conditions can't seem to handle like milling plants or processing into bags of leaves (although I don't think even workflow can deal with leaves). Dumping filled buckets doesn't hurt either.

No reason for it to be up front and center though.

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: July 13, 2016, 02:00:47 pm »

It can depend on which files you are changing.  If I recall correctly, graphics pack changes are applied last, and those can affect vanilla creature raws.

Try setting yourself up for pure ASCII first, then do your mod merging and see how things work.

Yes, it works in ASCII and doesn't with graphics. I did change the creature raws.
I'm used to be a non lazy newb so no big deal.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:04:39 pm by Incantatar »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: July 13, 2016, 10:05:31 pm »

0.43.03-r02

Got a virus alert "Zbot.ANBS", Trojan horse, from AVG
Object: utilities\DwarfMockup\DwarfMockup-1.2.0.exe

Am I the only one ?

No, there have been several posts about alerts showing up about it. Nobody seems to have reported actual malicious behavior, though. I haven't downloaded it myself, though, so whether you decide to run it is entirely up to you.

I did a bit of research, though. Its source code is located at https://bitbucket.org/fredsen/dwarfmockup, and it's written in Ruby, which typically doesn't lend itself to single-file executables. Most people expect single-file executables, though, so it uses a packaging tool called ORCA to create an executable with all of the needed files bundled in, which extracts itself into a temporary folder when launched. I guess some trojans also use this strategy, which is annoying because it leads some anti-virus software to conclude that all self-extracting programs are malware.

In the end, it's probably a false positive, but if you distrust the executable for some reason, you can download the source from the first URL there and run it with Ruby somehow.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 385