Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098095 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4020 on: November 13, 2016, 12:04:51 pm »

@Sazabi: Have you enabled the Automatic Job Assignments DFHack plugin (or any other DFHack plugin that assigns labors)?

Sazabi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: November 13, 2016, 12:26:22 pm »

@Sazabi: Have you enabled the Automatic Job Assignments DFHack plugin (or any other DFHack plugin that assigns labors)?
I got it. Ty dude. Yes i have enabled AUtomatic Job and forgot about it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: November 13, 2016, 03:47:18 pm »

It's called autolabor (or labormanager, which is newer).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: November 14, 2016, 05:04:25 am »

It's called autolabor (or labormanager, which is newer).
both wouldn't work properly for me, so i still use DwarfTherapist.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Mendo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: November 14, 2016, 09:35:35 pm »

I found kind of a bug I guess, with the Meph's Tileset. If I install Meph's and then try to change the graphics to something else and try loading my save, I get a FATAL ERROR: Missing Inorganic Gloss: COAL_BONFIRE

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: November 14, 2016, 10:33:10 pm »

I found kind of a bug I guess, with the Meph's Tileset. If I install Meph's and then try to change the graphics to something else and try loading my save, I get a FATAL ERROR: Missing Inorganic Gloss: COAL_BONFIRE

Open the /LNP/graphics/Meph's Tileset/raw/objects/ folder. Copy the "inorganic_other.txt" and "plant_standard.txt" files. Paste those files into the /raw/objects/ folder of any other graphics packs that you want to use.

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: November 16, 2016, 07:53:48 pm »

Will you continue upgrading once the new versions of DF become stable?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: November 16, 2016, 08:05:58 pm »

Will you continue upgrading once the new versions of DF become stable?

Yes, of course!

Here's what I usually do:
  • Release a few incomplete versions at a different URL, for people who are in a real hurry.  43.05 wasn't a big enough change to justify this in the absence of eg. Therapist for 64-bit.
  • Create a final stable release of the old DF version (eg http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8687)
  • Once DFHack etc are compatible, switch the move the old pack to the new URL, and the now-stable new pack to the main url
  • Keep releasing!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: November 16, 2016, 08:39:49 pm »

43.05 wasn't a big enough change to justify this in the absence of eg. Therapist for 64-bit.

Regardless of whether or not we see a 64-bit Therapist any time soon, I hope that you will reconsider releasing a new version for 0.43.05 once a final, more stable DFHack is released. (And perhaps waiting for a few more graphics packs to update for 0.43.05, too.)

Just saying: Not all of us are so eager to use 64-bit that we wouldn't jump at the chance to upgrade to 32-bit 0.43.05 if we had a lazy pack for it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: November 16, 2016, 09:03:20 pm »

Yep - a stable DFHack release will be grounds for an immediate starter pack update to 32bit 43.05 (which has Therapist support anyway if I find the memory offsets file someone posted).

I will probably then release a tester 64-bit pack without Therapist so people can confirm that DFHack etc isn't too buggy.  I'd prefer to maintain one pack only, but a less-frequently-updated pack for those who want Therapist or don't have 64bit OS (come on, it's going to be 2017 by then...) should be manageable.
 Donations here.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: November 17, 2016, 07:38:42 am »

As a feedback: the "Dwarf Fortress LNP 0.43.03-r09" ran for many hours yesterday without even one crash.
I only made one break to disable the engravings, which sadly didnt work, so my kings quarters look messed up.
TWBT on
multilevel 0
liquid depths 1
varied grounds 0
DFHACK
Mousecontrols
autonestbox, burial
performance tweaks
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: November 17, 2016, 10:51:07 am »

You might have to completely exit out of Dwarf Fortress before changing your settings. I think Dwarf Fortress de saves all the settings when you exit, so anything you changed in another program will be overwritten when it exits.

Also, if you switch graphics packs that could change the engravings setting and maybe the liquid depth settings too.

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: November 17, 2016, 03:41:28 pm »

Is it possible that the Taffer tileset make it to the Starter Pack someday?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: November 17, 2016, 05:40:19 pm »

You might have to completely exit out of Dwarf Fortress before changing your settings. I think Dwarf Fortress de saves all the settings when you exit, so anything you changed in another program will be overwritten when it exits.

Also, if you switch graphics packs that could change the engravings setting and maybe the liquid depth settings too.
DF doesn't write to its own config files on exit, if that's what you mean.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: November 17, 2016, 05:51:22 pm »

As a feedback: the "Dwarf Fortress LNP 0.43.03-r09" ran for many hours yesterday without even one crash.
I only made one break to disable the engravings, which sadly didnt work, so my kings quarters look messed up.
Good to hear that it's more stable now!  Re: engravings, remember that the init setting only controls their *initial* setting (specific/generic), and after creation you can toggle this with a designation.

Is it possible that the Taffer tileset make it to the Starter Pack someday?
It's already included - install the ASCII graphics, then go to the 'graphics > customise' tab and choose Taffer's tileset.

Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 385