Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098296 times)

Armandur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4095 on: January 10, 2017, 06:07:23 am »

So, I'm having an issue downloading this. My antivirus keeps deleting all of the files after i download and install the program, is there a work around available or is it just my antivirus being stupid? thanks for the help

It is most likely your antivirus flagging the files as malware or viruses, since almost all tools that interface with DF use a library called DFHack that directly reads and writes to the active memory of the game, and that is also what a virus would do, but is necessary for the pack and the utilities to function. Either you disable your antivirus or you need to use the settings in your antivirus software to specifically make an exception for the packs' files.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: January 11, 2017, 07:35:58 pm »

By the way, I usually use phoebus graphics pack with LNP. Recently I find the floor colors are not quite the same with the default ascii, for example, gneisis and mudstone are both gray in phoebus, while the latter should be light brown. If I want to fix that, what do I need to change?

In the file inorganic_stone_layer.txt, find the heading [INORGANIC:GNEISS]

For Phoebus: [DISPLAY_COLOR:7:6:1]  --> (43.03)

For vanilla: [DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:1] --> (43.05)

I think that should do it.

But I suspect you will have to change it both in the game's raw folder, as well as in all the savegame raw folders. Or at least the savegames you care about...
Thanks.

I change the ones in save folder and it worked.

filhit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: January 12, 2017, 04:47:03 pm »

Could you please publish hashes/checksum of the pack on a resource accessible with HTTPS?

Github pages will work as a free option.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: January 12, 2017, 08:03:37 pm »

Could you please publish hashes/checksum of the pack on a resource accessible with HTTPS?

Github pages will work as a free option.

The pack checksum is provided as a way of detecting accidental file corruption.  It is not intended as a protection against malicious files.  If you're concerned, I suggest constructing your own minimal pack using my tools - but note that nothing from DFFD should be trusted in this scenario.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mathalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: January 14, 2017, 09:20:27 pm »

For months, I keep checking this page.

An update is coming, an update IS coming, someday...  an update is coming.

Thanks for putting it together.

Has soundsense had any updates recently?  I downloaded my 43.03 a while ago, and one of my java updates broke it.

TheStratovarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist Issue
« Reply #4100 on: January 15, 2017, 10:48:24 am »

I started this back up after a while, and seeing the issue that 43.05 wasnt LNP compatable yet, went with 43.03 that was, but DT refuses to commit to changes on any changes on my dwarves. The minute I do change any different dwarves, it immediately turns off everything on all of them, and its defaulted them to mining, save one guard whom has every single skill but hunting and fishing enable by default. Any help to why this from a fresh and good install would be nice.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: January 15, 2017, 11:13:03 am »

Do you have autolabor enabled?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: January 15, 2017, 01:51:20 pm »

As much as I can't wait for a 43.05 release (especially if is a 64 bit one) I am really happy you folks are putting in this work. It really is a thankless job and I would have never played dwarf fortress if it wasn't for LNP.

Will your eventual 43.05 release contain dwarf therapist? Last time I checked there was a lot of work to do there and I think its one of the more important things in the pack

Thanks  :D  (and happy new year!)

News yesterday - Mifki has an test 43.05 64bit Windows build (for dhack alpha3), but doesn't plan to work on 32bit TwbT.  Therapist development has shown some small signs of life lately, but it's probably going to take longer for 64bit support (source: wild guessing only).

If I have to choose, I'll be going with 64bit + TwbT rather than 32bit + Therapist - I'd still make at least one 32bit release, but I don't want to maintain two versions of the pack.  However, DFHack has a number of very nice options that (while not identical) can largely replace Therapist.  Enabling autolabor or manipulator are good places to start.

I would totally learn manipulator if it meant I got a 64 bit version sooner!
Is there a newsletter or anything we can sign up for to know when new packs get made available? Usually I just check this thread

Manipulator is in no way a replacement for Therapist. Interface is important, and manipulator really suffers from sharing an interface with DF.

I'd much rather a 32 bit version with Therapist.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

TheStratovarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: January 15, 2017, 08:08:36 pm »

Yeah, and in turning it off, DT worked fine. Thanks for helping me figure it out. I dont recall turning it on, but apparently had.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: January 15, 2017, 11:23:39 pm »

Therapist is in no way a replacement for Manipulator. Interface is important, and Therapist really suffers from not sharing an interface with DF.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: January 16, 2017, 01:12:11 am »

OK, I think that's enough of this discussion.  64-bit Therapist is an ongoing project, and I'm aware that Therapist and the various DFHack options are different tools - and said so above.  Let's leave it at that, and I'll be open to further discussion when we have more than speculation to go on.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

boogiemanspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: January 22, 2017, 07:11:12 am »

I have a question, and am needing some help.  I had a previous version, I believe it was Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r2.  I am trying to figure out what release/version that DF was in at that point.  I had a cool dwarf I wanted to look up and I know it happened around Sept 25, 2014, but it would be super helpful to see what version I need to find on my computer.

Thanks for any help!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: January 22, 2017, 11:00:44 am »

The "40_13" part of the starter pack name means the DF version was 0.40.13 (and "r2" means it was the second LNP for that DF version).
If you still have the save, the odds are that it's located in the DF folder' save folder, and that the DF folder is still located inside the LNP. If so, you just have to locate and start the LNP and start DF from there.
However, DF is backwards compatible, so it's also possible to download the latest LNP and copy the save folder into that version's DF (which will be 0.43.03). However, some things added since that save was started won't be available (step ladders for fruit picking from late in the 0.40.X sequence, and songs, poems, and music instruments from the latest arc, and probably some other things).

boogiemanspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: January 22, 2017, 07:31:19 pm »

The "40_13" part of the starter pack name means the DF version was 0.40.13 (and "r2" means it was the second LNP for that DF version).
If you still have the save, the odds are that it's located in the DF folder' save folder, and that the DF folder is still located inside the LNP. If so, you just have to locate and start the LNP and start DF from there.
However, DF is backwards compatible, so it's also possible to download the latest LNP and copy the save folder into that version's DF (which will be 0.43.03). However, some things added since that save was started won't be available (step ladders for fruit picking from late in the 0.40.X sequence, and songs, poems, and music instruments from the latest arc, and probably some other things).

Thanks!  I was able to find the save.  :)

pauloprog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: January 30, 2017, 08:55:12 am »

I have been experiencing an issue here. Tried many things, one of them worked - once. When I try to open the LNP, it doesn't work; no error messages. Reading about a 64bit problem, I unpacked it into the Program Files (x86) and it worked one time and didn't crash, then i closed the program and tried to enter again and the issue was back. My OS is a Windows 7 (64bit). Any ideas?
Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 385