Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098294 times)

Adrinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4140 on: February 16, 2017, 09:39:50 am »

I compiled some technically un-finished stuff for 43.05:
  • Dwarf Therapist
  • DF Hack 43.05 Beta1
  • TWBT
It also includes a basic setup with Ironhand graphics and soundsense + the sounds pack

I'm not the best at putting things together in a pack myself, but all the parts are there for you guys to use if you wanted.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/runh9kstf2a7noc/Dwarf_Fortress_43.05_TWBT_Ironhand_%2B_Therapist_%2B_DFHack.zip

Edit: This is all for x64 Windows

DFHack has finally posted a release build for beta1 for Windows, so one can acquire the official release (though I'm happy to report mine is the exact same)

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: February 16, 2017, 03:41:46 pm »

Quick suggestion. I'd appreciate a clickbox to enable/disable pause on job cancellation, mostly for use on aquifer and other early game stuff. Yes, it's explained right at the top of the file, but I'm finding myself answering various permutations of this question from my less-savvy friends a couple times a week, at least. "Which file am I supposed to change?", "Which line?", "What do I change it to again?"  and inevitably, "How do I get rid of all these maddening pauses?"

I'm thinking on the options tab with the rest of the gameplay options would work swimmingly.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: February 19, 2017, 07:33:02 am »

Quick question:

I'm using the unofficial 43.05 version uploaded by Adrinus. I had some issues with it so I pasted it over the current base version, and it seems to run fine though I suspect doing so was incorrect in some manner.
However, some of the phoebus extra graphics, for critters and such don't work. I just get the old asci letters representing them. Also, the dwarves seem to be using the phoebus dwarven sprites, but they are all solid colours instead of the multi-coloured sprites they're meant to be.
How can I fix this?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it seems to be more related to LNP or the Adrinus pack than the tileset itself.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #4143 on: February 19, 2017, 10:50:41 am »

Quick question:

I'm using the unofficial 43.05 version uploaded by Adrinus. I had some issues with it so I pasted it over the current base version, and it seems to run fine though I suspect doing so was incorrect in some manner.
However, some of the phoebus extra graphics, for critters and such don't work. I just get the old asci letters representing them. Also, the dwarves seem to be using the phoebus dwarven sprites, but they are all solid colours instead of the multi-coloured sprites they're meant to be.
How can I fix this?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it seems to be more related to LNP or the Adrinus pack than the tileset itself.

Doing what you did often leads to .raw file errors, which can result in extremely weird behavior, including everything you have listed plus things like creatures that look like they've been turned inside out and assembled by a blind person.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: February 19, 2017, 11:39:18 am »

Quick question:
-snip-

Doing what you did often leads to .raw file errors, which can result in extremely weird behavior, including everything you have listed plus things like creatures that look like they've been turned inside out and assembled by a blind person.

While that is a definite possibility, none of the other associated behaviours you see with Raw Duplication are occurring. It seems to just be to do with how the tileset is being handled. My guess is the incomplete version uploaded by Adrinus being incompatible with the LNP launcher and it's graphics installation utility. But I don't see why that would be the case when the phoebus sprite graphics are all seemingly in the right places; the game just isn't reading them as intended.

To be clear, the game is playable. It's just using asci instead of the sprites...

EDIT: I managed to fix the issue by deleting and reinstalling the sprite packs. Thanks for your help Ebannion.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:24:41 pm by TheOnlySolitaire »

may3eps

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: February 21, 2017, 05:34:38 am »

когда ожидается выход нового релиза?

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: February 21, 2017, 02:49:56 pm »

Всякий раз, когда DFHack выпускает стабильную 64-разрядную версию (Google Translate)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: February 21, 2017, 05:50:44 pm »

Всякий раз, когда DFHack выпускает стабильную 64-разрядную версию (Google Translate)

Yep, I'll release an updated pack once DFHack is stable and a TwbT build is available.  Given that there's a DFHack beta with TwbT, it shouldn't be more than a few weeks.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

shovelmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: February 22, 2017, 12:22:58 pm »

So, having just come back to dabble with df after a year, and being to lazy to read a hundred pages back, is there really any reason to cobble together a therapistless version of df 43.05? Or is 43.03 as included with LNP pretty solid? I'd much rather use LNP.
Reach out and crush someone!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: February 22, 2017, 01:38:35 pm »

The main difference between 0.43.03 and 0.43.05 is armor and weapon damage, as well as twist/shake damage (including fatal crashing when weapon trap components break). Rather than reading hundreds of pages, you can read the release notes for the last three DF versions... ;)
The 0.43.03 LNP works well, and you can use the Windoze bare bones 0.43.05 which includes DFHack and then add DT to the 32 bit version manually, which works fine as well.

shovelmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: February 22, 2017, 02:13:57 pm »

The main difference between 0.43.03 and 0.43.05 is armor and weapon damage, as well as twist/shake damage (including fatal crashing when weapon trap components break). Rather than reading hundreds of pages, you can read the release notes for the last three DF versions... ;)
The 0.43.03 LNP works well, and you can use the Windoze bare bones 0.43.05 which includes DFHack and then add DT to the 32 bit version manually, which works fine as well.

Thanks for the information. Also, in the future, I'll endeavor to read the release notes rather than expose my laziness!  8)
Reach out and crush someone!

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: February 24, 2017, 10:50:58 am »

Yep, I'll release an updated pack once DFHack is stable and a TwbT build is available.  Given that there's a DFHack beta with TwbT, it shouldn't be more than a few weeks.

And, because Armok has a cruel sense of humor, just as the pack is getting ready to update, Toady's already getting ready for the next big game update. If the past is any indication, expect the updated pack and the next release to happen within 24 hours of each other.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: February 24, 2017, 06:12:24 pm »

And, because Armok has a cruel sense of humor, just as the pack is getting ready to update, Toady's already getting ready for the next big game update. If the past is any indication, expect the updated pack and the next release to happen within 24 hours of each other.

Working as intended  ;D
 Donations here.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: February 24, 2017, 07:13:41 pm »

Working as intended  ;D

The three cruelest words in the English language.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: February 26, 2017, 12:59:23 am »

Announcing the 64bit Beta Pack!

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.05-r01!
As usual, you can get it here, which is not the usual page - but will host updates for as long as this beta series continues.

0.43.05-r01
 - updated Dwarf Fortress: now 64-bit!
 - updated Meph's tileset
 - changed job automation from "autolabor" to "labormanager" (new plugin)
 - updated DFHack
 - updated TwbT
 - updated Armok Vision
 - updated Spacefox graphics
 - updated Taffer tiles
 - REMOVED Dwarf Therapist - incompatible with 64bit DF

SHA256:  2e1b1267cbcfc6a1145693aab069e0fc411c13c9d60d48c3ec0f63fccc393f37

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:42:24 am by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 385