Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109253 times)

GainesvilleGuy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4275 on: March 31, 2017, 03:21:47 pm »

Quick question:

I was about to upgrade to the latest version from a few months ago but I noticed the Announcement Window utility has been dropped.  I kind of relied on that to keep track of what was going on, but it doesn't seem like many miss it (or at least there are no requests to re-add it).

Just curious if maybe I'm missing something in vanilla game that helps keep you informed?  How does everybody else keep on top of all the events/messages?

Thanks!

+1
The Soundsense cmd window does a lot of logging, although it isn't the announcement window it's better than nothing.

I'll try using that instead and see how it works out.  Thanks!

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: April 01, 2017, 06:56:07 pm »

I'd like to follow up on the issue I posted about previously. Things are much better after updating Meph's tileset to v1.3.

Teryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: April 04, 2017, 07:17:02 am »

Will this be updated soon to version 0.43.05 (the first page only mentioned the pack having version 0.43.03)? If not, which tileset would be best suitable for the most up to date version?

Shackram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: April 04, 2017, 10:27:03 am »

It's possible, this latest version of Avast! that came out a couple weeks ago is kind of weird.

DF itself and DF hack work fine, whatever is happening affects just the launcher. I did whitelist the folders and try with the AV disabled but no luck. I'll uninstall the AV fully and try again later.

EDIT: I uninstalled Avast and the launcher launches the first time, but closes down after a few seconds and then it behaves like i described, not opening anymore even if i reboot my PC. Guessing something is fucked up on my win 7 install.

Just to not leave this unresolved, tried again today and the launcher automagically works fine.

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: April 06, 2017, 03:57:32 am »

Is this really all that's in stderr.log? I need the entire file, so if it's just logging those two lines, something is seriously wrong. Maybe it wasn't clear that the most recent stuff is at the bottom of the file (but I really do need the entire file, because it lists all of the "keybinding" commands that were run, among other things).

Sending you the file won't help, since that is for sure the entire file. I've checked after multiple crashes, and it never says anything different. It also gets updated every time the game runs, so I don't think my real stderr.log is somewhere else.
I like sushi.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: April 06, 2017, 08:17:45 am »

Well, I'm not sure if I can do anything, then. Can you double-check which DFHack version you're using? (It should be logged in the console and displayed in the upper-left corner of the title screen.) You could try deleting stderr.log and see if it gets recreated, or reinstalling DFHack (I don't think that would change anything, but I also didn't think it was possible for stderr.log to get truncated like that).

To others experiencing similar issues (Urist McPanzerbeard, others?): can you post your stderr.log?

Edit: Thorik: Urist McPanzerbeard said disabling TwbT seemed to help - does that work for you?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:20:30 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: April 06, 2017, 03:30:10 pm »

PE: someone reported that this pack runs "fix/fat-dwarves" periodically, which was for a bug fixed in 0.40.05.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Sheila

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29:05 am »

I wonder if they'll ever fix dwarves getting stuck on trees  :(
I also had issues on my last run where dwarves in my militia seemed to be hitting each other in combat (only way they could've died so fast)
and a migration wave that came in started fighting with my dwarves generating massive casualties.
The last invasion had a random dwarf in it, wondering if that may have been why? Doesn't really explain why they killed each other in combat though

I love this game, but it's so buggy that sometimes it's a pain to play.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: April 11, 2017, 05:33:42 pm »

I also had issues on my last run where dwarves in my militia seemed to be hitting each other in combat (only way they could've died so fast)
and a migration wave that came in started fighting with my dwarves generating massive casualties.
The last invasion had a random dwarf in it, wondering if that may have been why? Doesn't really explain why they killed each other in combat though
See short thread starting at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163692.0 - it may help explain some things

Sheila

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: April 12, 2017, 02:57:04 am »

See short thread starting at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163692.0 - it may help explain some things
That is kinda crazy, hope they fix it soon!

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: April 19, 2017, 02:59:09 pm »

I know there hasn't been a new df release in a while, but anything interesting happening on the pack? Wanna start a new fort, but if I can expect developments soon I'd rather wait.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: April 19, 2017, 04:56:32 pm »

I would assume a new DFHack version will make it in at some time (beta 2), and some tools may get updated, but since it's the same DF version the save will be 100% compatible and no new DF functionality introduced, so there's no reason to wait for a new Starter Pack unless there's a specific issue with a specific tool you're looking for. Start a fortress and migrate when a new version of the pack shows up (there will typically be a last pack version for this DF version about half a day before the next DF version is released).
The next DF version is X months away, and that will be followed by Y months until DFHack catches up, possibly followed by Z months before tools are adjusted, and then a Starter Pack for a new DF version will "magically" appear (the variables are probably not integers...).

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: April 21, 2017, 08:30:39 am »

(the variables are probably not integers...).

Booleans?
Enums containing randomly generated strings?

Or are we using BigIntegers for the giggles?
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: April 21, 2017, 08:49:05 am »

(the variables are probably not integers...).

Booleans?
Enums containing randomly generated strings?

Or are we using BigIntegers for the giggles?

O sweet summer child, X is a floating-point number of months.  It seemed like a good idea at the time (compact representation!  efficient operations!) but someone divided by zero, now Y is not a number, and there is a shapeless chittering in the shadows.  Floats are not actually numbers.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: April 21, 2017, 12:00:53 pm »

If the world is actually discrete, they may be integral numbers of Planck time units (and thus too large to fit into standard computer integer types), decreasing at an impossible speed as our feeble brains struggle to understand these words. This is only the case, however, if the world is deterministic: otherwise the values are probably super-positions over the realm of possible release times that will collapse only at the time of their corresponding releases.  However, it looks like PE performed an arcane operation (Dividing NaN with -0?) and peeked into a space-time worm hole and saw the myth release. I fear for the future of the Starter Pack, as well as PE's sanity...
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 385