Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098289 times)

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4290 on: April 21, 2017, 02:24:20 pm »

O sweet summer child....

If only

Yes, I figured it was really a float, that's why I went with other arbitrary datatypes :P
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: April 21, 2017, 05:58:57 pm »

If the world is actually discrete, they may be integral numbers of Planck time units (and thus too large to fit into standard computer integer types), decreasing at an impossible speed as our feeble brains struggle to understand these words. This is only the case, however, if the world is deterministic: otherwise the values are probably super-positions over the realm of possible release times that will collapse only at the time of their corresponding releases.  However, it looks like PE performed an arcane operation (Dividing NaN with -0?) and peeked into a space-time worm hole and saw the myth release. I fear for the future of the Starter Pack, as well as PE's sanity...
ROFL! I started to write a quantum physics reply to that, but couldn't get past the second sentence without collapsing into fits of giggles..

Well done Sir! :)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: April 22, 2017, 01:56:09 am »

If the world is actually discrete

It was, until it got bought-out by Autodesk.

dumbluck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: April 22, 2017, 09:51:46 am »

bug report:
I keep getting the same warning from DFHack. The warning is:
Warning:  Plugin RemoteFortressReader compiled for DFHack 0.34.11-r3-3104-g58ed20b, running DFHack 0.43.03-r1-0-g9889379

I'm experiencing this in PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.43.03-r09.  I have uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled, but the warning still continues.  It's not a game breaker, although I suspect that it is responsible for the UNKNOWN ENTITYs I keep getting when using Legends Viewer.  I haven't experienced any in-game failures that I can tie to this error.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: April 22, 2017, 10:52:59 am »

That warning is pretty harmless. It means that whoever compiled the plugin was missing some git tags, but did compile the plugin for the right DFHack version (0.43.03-r1), so it should work fine. It has nothing to do with Legends Viewer errors whatsoever.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PiCroft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: April 22, 2017, 05:54:29 pm »

When building a fort, there seems to be a game-breaking issue where the pathfinding determines that areas of the fort are not "reachable" any more, as if some kind of barrier or blockage separated the areas. Nothing is actually separating the areas though.

See this image: http://imgur.com/7RmIMsF
Here, you can see some dwarves who've gotten stuck. The cursor here is me trying to place a table (for the purposes of demonstration). You can see the cursor is yellow, indicating a valid spot.

However, in this image, we can see a problem: http://imgur.com/wUrurnu
In this image, I moved the cursor exactly one spot to the left. And now it's invalid. No time has passed and I haven't done anything funny in between, it is directly after the first image. The game is complaining here is that there is "no access to table". Somehow, the pathfinding seems to think that the square to the right is fine, but the one to the left does not have a direct path to the stockpile (there absolutely is, as you can imagine).

This seems to clear up if I save and reload.

The issue is caused by certain types of construction. As you can see from here, I've built a track made of logs and when a dwarf builds a track, all the squares surrounding it become cut off from the rest of the map. Dwarves who build a track then become frozen as "No Job" until I reload the save.

Constructed floors also do this.

This also happens in the Masterwork pack (for me at least) but doesn't happen in the latest vanilla DF.

Anyone have any ideas what's up? I'm tempted to believe DFHack may have something to do with it as I didn't use it on the latest DF, but I'm damned if i know what it might be; DFHack doesn't report any issues when this issue occurs.

PiCroft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: April 22, 2017, 07:15:32 pm »

To follow up on my last post, it seems the size of the embark area is related to it. On the maps that display this issue, I embarked with a very large area, and when I embarked on a 3x3 area, no issue occured. This even occurs in vanilla DF.

So it seems that embarking with a very large area results in this odd behaviour. Very strange. Guess I'll have to embark on smaller maps then.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: April 22, 2017, 07:33:52 pm »

Well, now that's interesting. Bug 529 is very similar to yours and is linked to bug 70 which mentions embark size being a factor.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Harpadarpa.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: April 24, 2017, 03:53:24 am »

Having some problems with the pack right now.

First, with the Legends Viewer. This could just be my impatience, but how long should exporting the XML file take? For me, it's taken upwards of 10 minutes. I'm on a relatively decent computer, so it shouldn't be SO bad.

And second, the error that just broke DF for me. While in game, I accidentally zoomed out SUUUPER far, and this crashed DF. I was able to load back into the save, but now, whenever I change the size of the window from the default while in game, it crashes. Even if I go fullscreen before loading in, it crashes as soon as it loads.

Does anybody have possible fixes? I'm running Windows 10, and I've never had any similar problems with the vanilla DF I used to run.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #4299 on: April 24, 2017, 06:34:06 am »

When DF starts, it should print in DFHack console "TWBT: version ...", what version does it print?

Harpadarpa.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: April 24, 2017, 05:49:14 pm »

When DF starts, it should print in DFHack console "TWBT: version ...", what version does it print?
It says 5.70

triskaideka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: April 30, 2017, 11:48:32 am »

Getting a black screen but visible UI at the "b"uild screen in AM while using the Phoebus tileset and TwbT in the current beta version. Is this a known issue, and are there any current fixes?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: April 30, 2017, 12:43:53 pm »

Yes, and yes (use TwbT 5.78).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

triskaideka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: April 30, 2017, 07:28:49 pm »

Yes, and yes (use TwbT 5.78).

Excellent, thank you. Will hitting the TwbT Classic button work or will I need to download 5.78? Also, anything I should know about using 5.78?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: April 30, 2017, 10:04:05 pm »

I don't know what "TwbT classic button" you're referring to, but as far as I know, only TwbT 5.78 and newer will fix the issue (mifki released 5.83 today, so that should work too). If you don't have that, then yes, you will have to download it somehow.

Note that 5.78 requires DFHack 0.43.05-beta1 (exactly), and 5.83 requires DFHack 0.43.05-beta2 (also exactly).

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 385