Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098498 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4425 on: June 18, 2017, 08:55:29 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.05-r06!
As usual, you can get it here.

This is basically a bugfix release - even the utility updates are just upstream bugfixes!  Thanks to everyone who reported a bug, and double-thanks to everyone who helps fix them :D

0.43.05-r06
 - set MACRO_MS to zero (improves Quickfort performance)
 - this one includes the TwbT versions of resume, automaterial, and mousequery (still unsure why r05 didn't...)
 - updated PyLNP to v0.12b (minor bugfixes)
 - updated Legends Browser to 1.12.2
 - DungeonSet and GemSet graphics no longer change TwbT settings

SHA256:  e2fa02a4ac33f66500d40f4033ad7118f26799360e3c0101dd521526ac4638ad

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4426 on: June 18, 2017, 11:59:22 am »

The launcher doesn't seem to open. I double click on the exe and the comp does the thinking mouse icon for a bit but nothing actually happens. It doesn't even stay in the task manager, just pops up for a few moments then goes away. Older version of the pack still work. My comp is Win7
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: June 18, 2017, 12:02:09 pm »

Assuming you're referring to PyLNP, that's probably due to the PyLNP upgrade. Is there anything in stderr.txt?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4428 on: June 18, 2017, 01:22:34 pm »

yep, and there isn't a stderr.txt
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: June 18, 2017, 01:31:12 pm »

Are you looking in the same folder as PyLNP?

Edit: saw your video. That's strange, but yeah, there's no stderr.txt showing up, unless you've hidden it somehow. Is it possible to start it from the command line, or to view system logs that mention PyLNP somehow?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:38:05 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

BigDollaBalla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: June 18, 2017, 02:06:47 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.05-r06!
As usual, you can get it here.

This is basically a bugfix release - even the utility updates are just upstream bugfixes!  Thanks to everyone who reported a bug, and double-thanks to everyone who helps fix them :D

0.43.05-r06
 - set MACRO_MS to zero (improves Quickfort performance)
 - this one includes the TwbT versions of resume, automaterial, and mousequery (still unsure why r05 didn't...)
 - updated PyLNP to v0.12b (minor bugfixes)
 - updated Legends Browser to 1.12.2
 - DungeonSet and GemSet graphics no longer change TwbT settings

SHA256:  e2fa02a4ac33f66500d40f4033ad7118f26799360e3c0101dd521526ac4638ad

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Total noob to this. What is the SHA256 code for?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: June 18, 2017, 04:52:55 pm »

That's a checksum so you can verify that what you downloaded matches what PeridexisErrant generated. It serves the dual purpose of tamper detection (if some asshole would manage to insert malicious code by hacking the server, for instance, or you downloaded the pack from a somewhat suspect server) and to detect plain old download corruption.

Andimar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: June 18, 2017, 05:31:48 pm »

I just downloaded the Starter Pack and it doesn't work either for me. The previous version (downloaded a few days ago) worked fine.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: June 18, 2017, 05:53:08 pm »

I just downloaded the Starter Pack and it doesn't work either for me. The previous version (downloaded a few days ago) worked fine.
Are the symptoms the same as what Akhier reported above? What version of Windows are you using?

Andimar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: June 18, 2017, 06:51:02 pm »

Windows 10, and yes.

Here's what's in the archive:

More people talking about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/6i25ib/cant_get_the_starter_pack_to_launch_windows_10/

Compared to the extracted folder from the previous version:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:00:42 pm by Andimar »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: June 18, 2017, 07:10:03 pm »

Here's a fixed link to your second screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/c72nCEp.png
(Edit: looks like you're using this in your post, so I have no clue why only the first one is working.)

It looks like PyLNP.user is missing. That looks like the only important one missing - stderr.txt is created at runtime, and whatever "tmp" folder you have in the old one probably isn't important either. I can't find PyLNP.user in https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack/, for some reason. You could try copying over the one from the old pack and see if PyLNP at least starts.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:13:58 pm by lethosor »

Andimar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: June 18, 2017, 07:15:15 pm »

Sorry about the link, I'm used to the simplicity of Reddit links now. (EDIT: It must be a Chrome extension screwing with them actually, "Linkify")

I already tried that previously and it didn't work. Just did again just ot be sure and sure enough it doesn't help.

The new version of the starter pack that was, I think, just posted (as advertised on the redit thread) doesn't work either. :(
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:20:01 pm by Andimar »

sparkybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: June 18, 2017, 07:34:09 pm »

Here's a fixed link to your second screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/c72nCEp.png
(Edit: looks like you're using this in your post, so I have no clue why only the first one is working.)

It looks like PyLNP.user is missing. That looks like the only important one missing - stderr.txt is created at runtime, and whatever "tmp" folder you have in the old one probably isn't important either. I can't find PyLNP.user in https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack/, for some reason. You could try copying over the one from the old pack and see if PyLNP at least starts.

Seeing this behavior on Windows 7 as well. No stderr.txt showing up, Copying the existing PyLNP.user does not change the behavior at all. r5 is working fine, r6 doesn't launch at all.

sparkybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: June 18, 2017, 08:10:47 pm »

Also, a quick note, replacing PyLNP.exe with r05's the pack works as expected. If you don't care for the updates to the PyLNP.exe itself and only care for the updates to the utilities, this may be a temporary solution.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: June 18, 2017, 08:44:24 pm »

Also, a quick note, replacing PyLNP.exe with r05's the pack works as expected. If you don't care for the updates to the PyLNP.exe itself and only care for the updates to the utilities, this may be a temporary solution.
Is that after adding PyLNP.user? PyLNP.user should be necessary for PyLNP, although I'm not familiar with where it normally goes.

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 385