Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098235 times)

sparkybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4440 on: June 18, 2017, 09:05:50 pm »

Also, a quick note, replacing PyLNP.exe with r05's the pack works as expected. If you don't care for the updates to the PyLNP.exe itself and only care for the updates to the utilities, this may be a temporary solution.
Is that after adding PyLNP.user? PyLNP.user should be necessary for PyLNP, although I'm not familiar with where it normally goes.

No, that's replacing PyLNP.exe with the one from the r05 pack. Just the .exe.

Only copying the PyLNP.user from the r05 pack had no effect, the r06 PyLNP.exe still doesn't launch. It doesn't even show n the process list after trying to launch. No anti-virus notifications or anything of that nature.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: June 18, 2017, 09:19:25 pm »

Also, a quick note, replacing PyLNP.exe with r05's the pack works as expected. If you don't care for the updates to the PyLNP.exe itself and only care for the updates to the utilities, this may be a temporary solution.
Is that after adding PyLNP.user? PyLNP.user should be necessary for PyLNP, although I'm not familiar with where it normally goes.

PyLNP.user is *not* required by PyLNP, and will be generated at runtime - it just holds a few user-specific settings like window size.

More generally, I'll look into this and upload a fixed version tonight - apologies to anyone affected  :-[
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Andimar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: June 19, 2017, 05:04:49 am »

Thanks for your concern Peridexis. And Thanks for for your work with the Starter Pack in general!

I'll sacrifice a few nobles in your name. :)

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:19 am »

So is it updated?

I updated using the PyLNP update function (which requires some explanation on how it actually works). I have the same problem as the others in this thread. The EXE doesn't do anything.

How is the folder structure supposed to look for the Starter Pack for automatic updates and automatic moving of items should work?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: June 19, 2017, 12:35:12 pm »

PyLNP.user is *not* required by PyLNP, and will be generated at runtime - it just holds a few user-specific settings like window size.

More generally, I'll look into this and upload a fixed version tonight - apologies to anyone affected  :-[
Sorry, must have confused it with the main configuration file (the YAML one).

Akhier and others: looks like nothing is missing from the pack. However, PyLNP 0.12b is broken on Windows. Try upgrading to PyLNP 0.12c and see if that helps.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Souless

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: June 19, 2017, 03:04:35 pm »

Sorry, must have confused it with the main configuration file (the YAML one).

Akhier and others: looks like nothing is missing from the pack. However, PyLNP 0.12b is broken on Windows. Try upgrading to PyLNP 0.12c and see if that helps.

C? I'm an old player who has come back so I'm having trouble finding that one.

Souless

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: June 19, 2017, 03:21:12 pm »

Alright. I found it. Managed to figure out what I needed to do and now the game works! Just had to click on that link you gave. Go to that guys downloads, follow it to another site, download and zip it into the game file. Then it works.

zeves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: June 19, 2017, 05:47:30 pm »

yea this doesnt work for me so i gues il wait for a reupload.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: June 19, 2017, 07:24:39 pm »

yea this doesnt work for me so i gues il wait for a reupload.
What, specifically, are you doing? Are there any error messages or indications as to why it isn't working?

In case my instructions weren't clear, you can get PyLNP 0.12c from the PyLNP download page here (it's at the top).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Skellington

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: June 20, 2017, 11:31:10 am »

I posted this report on the download page, too, but here's my sad tale of woe:

1. Had the same failure-to-launch that others here are reporting, which I worked-around by downloading the other stand-alone version of PyLNP.
2. It was not possible to enable DFHack in the launcher (the button wasn't clickable, and was stuck on 'no'), which I worked-around by downloading a stand-alone copy of DFHack and copying it into place.
3. Now, the game won't start from the launcher, and gives an error about a missing file -- data/art/mouse.png. The error remains whether mouse functionality is turned on in DFHack or not. I found lots of suggested work-around for that error... on linux systems. I found bug reports for the same error on Windows, but no solutions.

Naturally every roadblock makes me miss dorfs more. But not quite enough to play an un-dfhacked game, or to go back to messing with manually installing tilesets.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: June 20, 2017, 12:21:17 pm »

Does data/art/mouse.png exist? Where are you seeing reports of that error on Windows?

greatconcavity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: June 20, 2017, 04:12:34 pm »

I posted this report on the download page, too, but here's my sad tale of woe:

1. Had the same failure-to-launch that others here are reporting, which I worked-around by downloading the other stand-alone version of PyLNP.
2. It was not possible to enable DFHack in the launcher (the button wasn't clickable, and was stuck on 'no'), which I worked-around by downloading a stand-alone copy of DFHack and copying it into place.
3. Now, the game won't start from the launcher, and gives an error about a missing file -- data/art/mouse.png. The error remains whether mouse functionality is turned on in DFHack or not. I found lots of suggested work-around for that error... on linux systems. I found bug reports for the same error on Windows, but no solutions.

Naturally every roadblock makes me miss dorfs more. But not quite enough to play an un-dfhacked game, or to go back to messing with manually installing tilesets.

This worked for me:

1. Install latest Starter Pack
2. install PyLNP 12c bin
3. download latest dfhack-64 bit and install (sans config files)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:18:29 pm by greatconcavity »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: June 20, 2017, 05:22:16 pm »

Does it not work if you don't install DFHack? This pack should include DFHack, and assuming it's r1, it should be exactly the same.

Skellington

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: June 21, 2017, 12:08:44 am »

Well, I thought I'd found the problem, but my fix didn't work.

Initial download was PeridexisErrant's pack, 0.43.05-r06
The launcher wouldn't start, and there were no error messages.
I downloaded PyLNP_0.11_console and copied it to the same location as the pack's launcher file, and the launcher opened, but...
...I couldn't enable DFHack.
Downloaded DFHack 0.43.05-r1, copied it over pack's DFhack files, and then I could enable DFHack.
When I try to run the game from the launcher, I get the error "Image not found. Not found: data/art/mouse.png"

So I checked each graphics set in the LNP. It turns out Spacefox, the set I selected, WAS missing mouse.png. I felt a thrill of imminent victory! I copied the .png from Phoebus to Spacefox and ran PyLNP again... with no luck. Then I remembered I'd have to reinstall the graphics through PyLNP, so I did that, expecting certain success -- and I still get the same error. So THEN I gave up on the slick automatic launcher method, and copied mouse.png straight into dwarf fortress 043.05/data/art, rather than into the equivalent directory in the LNP --

and THAT worked. \o/

WHOOHOO, DWARVES!

As to where I found mention of the error in windows -- turns out I didn't, quite. I got confused in my hunting. A windows bug with missing "data/art/curses_640x300.png" was reported on the Bay12 Mantis tracker, and it was cross-referenced from the linux bug report which included both that file and mouse.png. It was also for version 0.34, not 0.43, and for windows XP, rather than 10.

greatconcavity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: June 21, 2017, 07:49:27 am »

Does it not work if you don't install DFHack? This pack should include DFHack, and assuming it's r1, it should be exactly the same.

I have the same error as Skellington, where DFHack is disabled and nothing happens if you try to enable it in PyLNP. Replacing the dfhack files (which were all in place, but i did not check for differences in size/date) with the ones from the separate download fixes this issue.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 385