Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112149 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4515 on: August 23, 2017, 03:42:03 pm »

oh, so i misunderstood... i havent tested resizing the window, as i only move it to fit my screen (as its a little offset at startup).
i have to try that... though its strange that it works perfectly 100% of all times in the top border and left border, but the right and bottom borders are bugged.
also it works perfectly fine in the older version.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:17:23 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: September 03, 2017, 04:12:12 am »

I'm using the latest version of the LNP (r08) and when I launch Dwarf Therapist I get two error messages:

Version check error
Memory lay out error

It seems like I can't use DT to reliably assign labors to dwarves: I assign a labor, let the game run a minute, and check DT again (by hitting the "read" button) only to find that some other labor has been randomly reassigned.

Is there a workaround for this?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: September 03, 2017, 08:46:38 am »

check that your dfhack job automation plugins are off.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: September 03, 2017, 08:56:46 am »

How do I do that?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: September 03, 2017, 12:02:56 pm »

in the launcher there's a tab "DFHACK" within which you can activate or deactivate certain plugins.

Ertaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: September 04, 2017, 04:28:08 pm »

Hi Guys,
Am I the only one who get DWARFFORTESS.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING messages nowadays? I play with 2D printing mod and without DFHack. Could I check somewhere what could be the problem? I lost the the second fortress just now :-(
Thx.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 04:32:18 pm by Ertaan »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: September 05, 2017, 05:33:03 am »

Hi Guys,
Am I the only one who get DWARFFORTESS.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING messages nowadays? I play with 2D printing mod and without DFHack. Could I check somewhere what could be the problem? I lost the the second fortress just now :-(
Thx.
had that too yesterday playing adventuremode - guess i'll get back to the 43.03.r09.
edit: it comes from multilevel view - which is still crashy.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:36:03 am by Pvt. Pirate »

Ertaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: September 05, 2017, 07:34:17 am »

Hi Guys,
Thx.
had that too yesterday playing adventuremode - guess i'll get back to the 43.03.r09.
I used the 2D in both cases, so it is not conected to multilevel.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: September 14, 2017, 09:30:11 pm »

I have a mouse issue. When using the mouse there is a "cursor" with an X in it that follows the mouse around. This cursor however is offset to a greater and greater degree as to where the mouse actually is - the further it is away from the top left corner of the screen.

Latest version of LNP. It happens both in full screen and windowed mode.

ie it is really far away from the mouse by the time I am down in the bottom right corner.

This interferes with interaction on the screen as when this "phantom cursor" is off the screen - the mouse will not register clicks at all.

It's very annoying. Any help appreciated. (Mouse interface (whatever it's called) option in DFHACK is not on btw).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:17:26 pm by thefinn »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: September 14, 2017, 11:11:59 pm »

I'll give it a go soon, thanks for that.

This was a clean install though.

Edit: This does seem to have fixed it, thank you sir. What a pain in the ass this one must be for you, just for having forgotten a few files.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:16:22 am by thefinn »

Ertaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: September 19, 2017, 03:43:23 am »

Hi Guys,
Thx.
I went back to 43 03 r09 too, since that no any crash...

Vox Imperatoris

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: October 02, 2017, 06:34:01 pm »

When I tried this fix: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.msg7492491#msg7492491

I got a message "TWBT: data/art/white1px.png not found, can not continue
Plugin twbt has failed to initialize properly.
multilevel is not a recognized command."

And TWBT didn't work right. I seem to have fixed it (or at least removed the error message) by copying over the relevant file to DF's data/art folder. I'm not sure how this fix messed it up. I am using the latest version of the LNP, and the latest version of DFHack and of the TWBT plugin.

Edit: got the same error for "shadows.png" and added it to the art folder. Why were these working until I did the fix? Very strange. I suppose I should mention that I am using the Taffer font, with Graphics set to "NO".

Edit 2: Okay, now it seems to be crashing on map load...

Edit 3: The only way I could resolve the issue was by reinstalling the LNP, installing the latest version of DF Hack over it, and copying over the "shadows.png" file from the TWBT release. If I copy over the included plugins that lethosor recommends in the "fix", the game crashes when I try to load a map, e.g. the Object Testing Arena. Not sure what's going on. I guess I'd rather live with the offset zoom bug than have my game not work at all...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:09:08 am by Vox Imperatoris »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #4528 on: October 04, 2017, 04:07:45 pm »

Edit 3: The only way I could resolve the issue was by reinstalling the LNP, installing the latest version of DF Hack over it, and copying over the "shadows.png" file from the TWBT release. If I copy over the included plugins that lethosor recommends in the "fix", the game crashes when I try to load a map, e.g. the Object Testing Arena. Not sure what's going on. I guess I'd rather live with the offset zoom bug than have my game not work at all...

What "included plugins"? Now there's only one additional plugin (mousequery) included in TWBT package.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: October 05, 2017, 10:23:16 pm »

PeridexisErrant, I don't suppose there's a chance you would consider adding Meph Tileset as a graphics option? Would you? I think it's amazing! It includes TWBT support. And while it comes with 32x32 tiles set as the default, it also has 24x24 tiles.

The only problem is that the last release (v1.4) was for 0.43.03. And, at that, one has to go back to v1.3 to find a barebones version. Perhaps if Meph comes back and releases a new barebones pack?

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to see a new poll on which graphics packs downloaders want support for. How long ago was the last poll? I suspect that a number of players now have a higher resolution monitor, myself included.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 385