Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098423 times)

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4530 on: October 06, 2017, 02:38:10 am »

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to see a new poll on which graphics packs downloaders want support for. How long ago was the last poll? I suspect that a number of players now have a higher resolution monitor, myself included.

I didn't know there had been polls for choosing the graphic packs to include in the Starter Pack. I support this request for a new poll.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: October 06, 2017, 01:41:36 pm »

I may be misremembering, but I believe that this pack included Meph's tileset at one point, and it was removed due to frequent crashes.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: October 13, 2017, 09:14:54 am »

How about my XXTatteredXX graphics?
https://yadi.sk/d/e6SGt87K3NjBD3

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: October 17, 2017, 12:40:02 pm »

Any chance we will see Mephs Graphics pack soon? Can it be added manually? Also when available it would be awesome to have Vordak's dwarfs + Mephs in the DF starter Pack.
☼MASTERWORK☼

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: October 17, 2017, 01:19:50 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.05-r03!
As usual, you can get it here.

(note that this is still a pre-release, as DFHack is not officially stable yet)

0.43.05-r03
 - updated Dwarf Mockup; a large upgrade I missed for a year (oops)
- removed Meph's tileset due to consistent reports of crashes
(emphasis added)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: October 17, 2017, 02:22:34 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.05-r03!
As usual, you can get it here.

(note that this is still a pre-release, as DFHack is not officially stable yet)

0.43.05-r03
(emphasis added)

Thank you, I am aware of that. I just wanted to know if it will make its way back in or is there any efforts being made to fix the issue?
☼MASTERWORK☼

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: October 17, 2017, 08:09:28 pm »

0.43.05-r03
Thank you, I am aware of that. I just wanted to know if it will make its way back in or is there any efforts being made to fix the issue?

It will go back in if someone fixes it.  Meph is missing and I barely have time to assemble and test the pack without fixing components, but anyone interested could upload a fixed copy of the graphics.  Why don't you give it a go?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: October 18, 2017, 11:40:01 am »

0.43.05-r03

It will go back in if someone fixes it.  Meph is missing and I barely have time to assemble and test the pack without fixing components, but anyone interested could upload a fixed copy of the graphics.  Why don't you give it a go?

I will try to figure it out, might need to ask a few questions though. Thanks Peridexis for the update, also thanks for everything you do to keep the starter pack alive!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: October 18, 2017, 01:58:48 pm »

I will try to figure it out, might need to ask a few questions though. Thanks Peridexis for the update, also thanks for everything you do to keep the starter pack alive!

Instead of reinventing the wheel:
I've already updated it to work with 0.43.05. I also fixed two bugs in Meph's code that I found. The pseudo-barebones version is here on dffd.

The above is really Meph Tileset v1.4, which he only released as pre-installed with DF, DFhack and TwbT. (His last barebones was v1.3.) To make it work as a DF Starter Pack swappable graphics set, you will need a customized "manifest.json" file. You can look at the DungeonSet folder (in /LNP/graphics/ ) as an example of how the files and folders are structured.

I had started to make a package for PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack, but I never quite finished and never tested it. Here's the manifest.json I came up with:
Code: [Select]
{
    "author": "Meph",
    "title": "Meph Tileset",
    "df_min_version": "0.43.05",
    "df_max_version": "0.43.05",
    "content_version": "1.4.3",
    "tooltip": "Meph's 32x32 tileset with TwbT overrides"
}

Also, you will need to trim even my "barebones" down a bit more. I believe this is what you need:

\MephTileset\
..manifest.json
\MephTileset\data\art\*.*
\MephTileset\data\init\*.*
\MephTileset\raw\*.* (everything, including all subfolders)

Edit:
I almost forgot: Meph Tileset is usually used with the "multilevel" TwbT option to show multiple z levels and may look strange without it. To enable this, you will need to have a dfhack.init file in your root Dwarf Fortress folder with the line "multilevel 10" add to it. I didn't realize that PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack already has a "Multilevel View" option on the DFHack tab of the Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP). This is defined in the onMapLoad_PyLNP.init file. The difference is that PyLNP defines it as "multilevel 5" instead of "multilevel 10", like Meph Tileset uses.

Also, the colors may look off or at least very different if you are used to Meph Tileset with the included seasonal colors DFhack script to adjust plant and crop colors based on the season. If you want, you could install seasonal colors from dffd and add "season-palette start" to your dfhack.init. I forgot that DFhack now includes season-palette.lua in the \hack\scripts\ folder. And instead of adding "season-palette start" to the dfhack.init file, it might be better to put it in onMapLoad_PyLNP.init. (Though, I suspect PyLNP may overwrite onMapLoad_PyLNP.init if the user makes any changes to the DFHack tab... :( )
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:36:05 pm by Thundercraft »

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: October 18, 2017, 06:38:56 pm »

I had already started work on a Meph Tileset package for PE's starter pack, so I thought that I would go ahead and release an experimental version: Meph Tileset v1.4.3 for PE's Starter Pack 43.05.
As I state in the description: This is provided as-is. As this is untested, I make no guarantees, implied or otherwise.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: October 19, 2017, 02:04:14 pm »

I had already started work on a Meph Tileset package for PE's starter pack, so I thought that I would go ahead and release an experimental version: Meph Tileset v1.4.3 for PE's Starter Pack 43.05.
As I state in the description: This is provided as-is. As this is untested, I make no guarantees, implied or otherwise.

and

0.43.05-r03

Nice Thundercraft, I noticed you did a lot of work based on the barebones 1.3,  which also was what was in MDF 1.23... me and few others worked at it and did several fixes to the TWBT overrides and other things to get it past a lot of weirdness by MMDF 1.29.  We also found the 16x16 version and fixed it to the same settings...  you may find some helpful info there.  I'll check out your standalone... also PE_LNP, MDF, MMDF all used similar graphic switches so a lot of the small work is already done... the only issues being additional override info added for MDF stuff near the end of those files.

I really never noticed it causing crashes any faster than other tilesets... I think that its still not a decent tileset for "older" computers.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:06:04 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

CrazyMalk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: October 22, 2017, 07:01:07 am »

Hello, i'm starting to play Dwarf Fortress, but every time i open "Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP)", i get the following error:
"Windows cannot access the especified device,path or file.You may not have permission to access the item."
I already tried many solutions presented to me in the internet, but none worked... I tried giving my user permission, did not work. I tried un-marking it as "Read Only", but it always has a blue square on it. I tried to use CMD to give me permissions, but acess is denied. I already tried opening as admin, but it gave me the same error.
I even tried downloading pyLNP.exe fron another forum post, but it also gives me the same error... I can open Dwarf Fortress inside Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05 without any problems, but when opening the Starter Pack Launcher i get this error.
Does anyone have an answer?

Ps:I'm using windows 7 X64, if that helps.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: October 22, 2017, 08:47:31 am »

Hello, i'm starting to play Dwarf Fortress, but every time i open "Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP)", i get the following error:
"Windows cannot access the especified device,path or file.You may not have permission to access the item."
I already tried many solutions presented to me in the internet, but none worked... I tried giving my user permission, did not work. I tried un-marking it as "Read Only", but it always has a blue square on it. I tried to use CMD to give me permissions, but acess is denied. I already tried opening as admin, but it gave me the same error.
I even tried downloading pyLNP.exe fron another forum post, but it also gives me the same error... I can open Dwarf Fortress inside Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05 without any problems, but when opening the Starter Pack Launcher i get this error.
Does anyone have an answer?

Ps:I'm using windows 7 X64, if that helps.

Where have you installed it? If I understand it correctly, Windows does not play nice with a number of things when installed under one of the C:\Program<xxx> paths.

CrazyMalk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: October 22, 2017, 11:32:21 am »

I installed it inside a custom folder on my external Hard Drive. I tried extracting it to, for example, documents, but it did not work.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: October 22, 2017, 12:03:25 pm »

Sorry if I'm dense, but what do you mean by "did not work"? It failed to be extracted, or failed to work once extracted?

It sounds to me that the top folder (the one containing Starter Pack Launcher PyLNP).exe and Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05, etc.) has the wrong access rights. One of the things the LNP launcher does is to create a file called stderr.txt in this folder, and if you (and admin) doesn't have write access to the folder it could result in that kind of error.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 385