Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098275 times)

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4665 on: December 08, 2017, 08:29:06 am »

Sooo the df hack alpha prerelease is or is not included?
its not
_________
>Blacki loses his right arm, Blacki loses his left arm
>Blacki: I am badly injured, this phases me not
>Blacki bites the Goblin lasher in the throat and the injured part is cloven asunder

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: December 09, 2017, 11:27:38 am »

Is there going to be a new LNP release with the Alpha DFHack, or should I go attempt to figure out how to install it myself?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: December 09, 2017, 11:36:10 am »

Is there going to be a new LNP release with the Alpha DFHack, or should I go attempt to figure out how to install it myself?
I just copied the dfhack folder contents into the dwarf fortress folder in the PE pack replacing files prompted, worked for me

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: December 09, 2017, 11:44:20 am »

I just copied the dfhack folder contents into the dwarf fortress folder in the PE pack replacing files prompted, worked for me

Ah cool, thanks!  Never sure how much config such things require  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: December 09, 2017, 01:13:09 pm »

i mean i only use dfhack for cheating tbh idk much about hotkeys or workflow stuff but most commands work, note that it is still buggy in pre release

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: December 09, 2017, 02:31:11 pm »

i mean i only use dfhack for cheating tbh idk much about hotkeys or workflow stuff but most commands work, note that it is still buggy in pre release
How, specifically, is it buggy? Please report any bugs you find! That's the entire reason why we put up pre-releases.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PhenomTaker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: December 09, 2017, 09:46:17 pm »

Hello. Not used to compatibility of DF stuff so here is my question:

How likely is it to be able to continue a game that I start now, with the 44.02 alpha1 starter pack and manually included DFHack, with the upcoming pack that includes DFHack. Since TWBT isn't working with Mephs Tileset (which I used before).
So I would want to switch to that, as soon as the new version is available. :)

Can I start my new game now or should I wait for the working starter pack?

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: December 10, 2017, 01:31:03 am »

You should be able to start your new game now and migrate the save to the newer pack when the time comes without issue
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: December 10, 2017, 01:39:56 am »

It sounded like you were planning on switching tilesets, which typically isn't possible with existing saves, so keep that in mind.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PhenomTaker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: December 10, 2017, 09:14:36 am »

Oh you cannot switch? I thought so because the it asks you if you want to convert the save games too, when you change the tileset. At least thats how I remember it. :D
But good to know, so I have to wait for the new starter pack with working TWBT or play with another one that works without. Thanks :)

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: December 10, 2017, 01:35:42 pm »

How, specifically, is it buggy? Please report any bugs you find! That's the entire reason why we put up pre-releases.
Already put the one up about redundant "dwarf stuck in tree" notification  ;D is there a better way to find out bugs or the cause of crashes? (only had one crash so far)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: December 11, 2017, 12:12:51 am »

Oh you cannot switch? I thought so because the it asks you if you want to convert the save games too, when you change the tileset. At least thats how I remember it. :D
But good to know, so I have to wait for the new starter pack with working TWBT or play with another one that works without. Thanks :)
in no version ever has this feature been working for me.
it always resulted in crashes or just broken savegames with atleast broken visuals.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: December 11, 2017, 04:36:16 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.02-r04!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

Now with DFHack!  You therefore also get a host of graphical upgrades, from all the visualisers that depend on DFHack to the in-game enhancements of TwbT.  Enjoy the view, while you strike the earth!

0.44.02-r04
 - added DFHack 0.44.02-alpha1
 - added TwbT again (requires DFHack), v6.23
 - updated Obsidian, Phoebus, Spacefox, Mayday, Ironhand graphics
 - added Gemset graphics again (requires DFHack)

SHA256:  16f8056a5f6dc28f48e61137167b0a75e574d3e847b9a5e9be5c57e180783c3f

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Spoiler: Full contents (click to show/hide)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: December 11, 2017, 01:15:15 pm »

Yea! Thanks as always for putting this all together for us!

A couple of questions/comments:

This is the first time I've ever gotten the "Import from Previous Install" function to work, I think, because I've always targeted the Starter Pack folder wrapper folder containing LNP and Dwarf Fortress itself, watched it fail, and thought, "Oh well," and did the copies manually. I wonder if the script could be more clever, or the instructions more verbose? Making the players (like me,) smarter is probably beyond the scope of the project, alas.

Now that it worked for me, I note that the data/init folder isn't copied over, which contains a lot of fun and fiddly bits to change, like embark profiles (dear to my heart,) custom announcements, and world gen templates. I concede in advance that Toady could change something in there, and that automatically copying them blind without some quick tested might be unwise, but I suspect the value of copying them outweighs the potential value in not. The dfhack.init and dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init files might fall into this category as well.

Finally (and this one I actually find perplexing,) PyLNP doesn't seem to copy its own preferences from the previous pack automatically (I had the previous PyLNP app open at the time, so this was perhaps user error.) I think I change about half the stock settings each time, lol, and suddenly no liquid depths or seasonal save can be a surprise, along with the occasional pure madness of pet entombing. The functionality is right there to save and reload parameters (I assume that's what those file menu options refer to.)

Once again, thanks for managing all this, and please know I mean the above as suggestions rather than criticism!
Team Bug Fix!

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: December 11, 2017, 04:44:30 pm »

thanks peridexis  :)
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 385