Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098151 times)

ptlans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4740 on: January 08, 2018, 02:24:48 am »

I can't run dwarf therapist either via LNP or directly via the exe file. The latter gives me a burst of error messages.
Emen Ognób Mádkik Öntak
Nazush Ur Mádkik Nil
Anil Ognób Mádkik Ziril
Tarem Ur Mádkik Zuntîr

Dust Mek zňlug Armok

Raia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: January 08, 2018, 05:58:55 am »

Running the beta of the 44.03 starter pack, as usual I load legends so I can get the xml stuff for Legends viewer and this came up.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: January 08, 2018, 10:52:41 am »

The dfhack init in the starter pack is missing 5 lines that I'm using.

Code: [Select]
multilevel 10
season-palette start
twbt unit_transparency 1
twbt workshop_transparency 1
twbt redraw_all 1

Instead it has
# TwbT multilevel is a dfhack option in the launcher due to stability issues
multilevel 0

considering that, a few things like transparency in units/buildings, multilevel view, the seasonal colors are all off; and without redraw_all there might be artefacts (single tiles not overridden) when you look at large quantities of them.
i hope this is not too offtopic: i had to set
multilevel 0because i could track it down as the main cause for DF-crashes on my system.

back to topic: i reported the mousequery issue that occurs in 44.03 but noone answered (yet).
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: January 08, 2018, 11:06:29 am »

I get the same message as Raia does, but given that the pack itself is beta it should be reasonable to have DFHack enabled (And I haven't got any issues with exportlegends info [when using the Starter Pack rather than breaking raws myself by failing to manually install tile sets properly]).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: January 08, 2018, 07:35:30 pm »

multilevel 0because i could track it down as the main cause for DF-crashes on my system.

Although enabled by default, it looks like you should be able to disable multi-level rendering from the DFHack tab of the LNP launcher. It's not the graphics pack that is enabling that.

ptlans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: January 08, 2018, 11:48:08 pm »

Is anyone else getting a bunch of scattered books all over the place when they unretire a fortress or visit a tower?

My dwarves ignore them completely to so I can't clean it up.
Emen Ognób Mádkik Öntak
Nazush Ur Mádkik Nil
Anil Ognób Mádkik Ziril
Tarem Ur Mádkik Zuntîr

Dust Mek zňlug Armok

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: January 09, 2018, 01:02:44 am »

Although enabled by default, it looks like you should be able to disable multi-level rendering from the DFHack tab of the LNP launcher. It's not the graphics pack that is enabling that.

it was added there because it caused so many crashes. i only mentioned that because when not using the LNP, i would have to go through all the files and try to find it.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Raia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: January 09, 2018, 05:37:33 pm »

I pinned down TBWT as the causes of crashes for my last LNP experience.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: January 09, 2018, 05:47:38 pm »

Was it multi-level rendering causing the crash? What GPU were you using? I think Dwarf Fortress will crash if it runs out of VRAM. I get crashes on my laptop when trying to load graphics packs with so many creature tilesheets.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4749 on: January 09, 2018, 05:55:42 pm »

I only had two crashes while play-testing my tileset, but of them when placing farm plots. I was told that's more of a DF problem than anything else.

Older graphic cards that can't handle textures over 2048x2048 do pose a problem though.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: January 09, 2018, 06:33:27 pm »

I'm having trouble loading Mayday, and it's largest tilesheet dimension is only 832 pixels. It looks like the largest in yours is Vordak's dwarves at 1600. The next largest after that is 960. I can load Vordak's dwarves just fine on my 2008 laptop with integrated Intel graphics. I think I can load more creature graphics depending on how much free RAM I have available.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4751 on: January 10, 2018, 01:50:56 am »

All tilesheets (data/art and raw/graphics) get combined to one large sheet when the game runs, and the total size of those is important. Most modern GPUs can handle 4096x4096 for example, which is more than enough (only about half filled) with my set.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: January 10, 2018, 10:42:52 am »

Was it multi-level rendering causing the crash? What GPU were you using? I think Dwarf Fortress will crash if it runs out of VRAM. I get crashes on my laptop when trying to load graphics packs with so many creature tilesheets.
well, twbt got updated, but i had those crashes until i chose to play with "multilevel 0".
i haven't had those crashes with the 43.x now, but i always chose "multilevel 0".
TWBT "doesn't/didn't like" when buildings or constructions changed and forced a redraw while in multilevel view.
44.x still has a broken mousequery and i would risk running berserk when playing without mouse scrolling :D

Dine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: January 11, 2018, 11:54:53 am »

Hi, as requested in this topic:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/7ojgfd/peridexiserrants_experimental_windows_starter/dsf41lg/

Here is my save folder, I believe first three saves have the same problem, the rest of them are fine. The problem is with legends plus, and legends viewer manages to somehow fix it but not completely - it displays map, sites and other stuff but fails to show civs.

http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/CIrTg4bp/file.html

The graphics pack I used was gemset if it matters anyhow.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: January 11, 2018, 12:33:16 pm »

I've identified and fixed the issue. For future reference, when someone asks for a save folder, they usually mean just the region folder(s) of the save(s) in question, not the data/save folder containing all of your saves. I personally wouldn't download a 250 MB file that contains a bunch of saves that aren't relevant to a specific issue.

I'm guessing Legends Viewer was able to extract the information you're seeing from the other files that exported successfully. Usually it can't deal with files that failed in the middle, as was the case here.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 385