Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098221 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4785 on: January 27, 2018, 08:56:29 pm »

I'm trying to spawn some daggers (for thematic reasons) to arm the captain of the guard's squad but I can't seem to get the create-items command right. Here's one variation of what I've tried. What am I doing wrong? I can spawn in certain boulder or metal bar types easily, but I can't seem to do weapons.

Code: [Select]
create-items WEAPON DAGGER_LARGE INORGANIC:STEEL 1

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: January 27, 2018, 09:13:50 pm »

use this:
createitem WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE INORGANIC:STEEL 1
You can get some ideas for more commands from this article: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/Utility:DFHack/createitem#Weapons

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: January 27, 2018, 09:39:12 pm »

use this:
createitem WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE INORGANIC:STEEL 1
You can get some ideas for more commands from this article: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/Utility:DFHack/createitem#Weapons

Thanks a lot! I'm not sure how I didn't come across this page when I was googling earlier.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: January 27, 2018, 09:45:06 pm »

create-items generally isn't what you want - the arguments you had were close for createitem, but create-items takes a different format.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: January 27, 2018, 09:52:07 pm »

create-items generally isn't what you want - the arguments you had were close for createitem, but create-items takes a different format.

Yeah, I forgot that create-items and createitem were two separate things and I only saw the create-items command when I was scrolling through the ls command's list.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: January 29, 2018, 07:16:02 pm »

So I know I reported this a while ago, issue still persists with the latest (44.05-r01).
Launcher is still calling: Soundsense\soundSense.exe which does not work (at least not for me, but I had to add the java path to soundsense.cmd to get it to run at all).
Changing it in the autorun.txt (to cmd) doesn't seem to work since it changes it back.

Besides that the C# version doesn't have the logging window (which I find indispensible) the current version it doesn't even play any sounds for me. It just sits there.

Anywho, I dunno if this just keeps falling through the cracks or is my own unique problem.

Also DT keeps barking at me about memory layout errors and sends me to github, but either I'm an idiot (which is highly possible) or what it's telling me to go look for isn't there. It seems to work fine regardless.

Thanks as always for keeping DF accessible to us lazy peeps!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:58:06 pm by ldog »
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: January 29, 2018, 07:32:07 pm »

DT is probably telling you to look at https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/master/share/memory_layouts, but I'm not sure why, because the layout should be included in this pack (and if it's working, no need to worry).

Also, "the latest" isn't helpful; please specify the exact version. The first post of this thread links to two separate packs, a stable one for 0.43.05 and an alpha for 0.44.05.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: January 29, 2018, 07:57:40 pm »

DT is probably telling you to look at https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/master/share/memory_layouts, but I'm not sure why, because the layout should be included in this pack (and if it's working, no need to worry).

Also, "the latest" isn't helpful; please specify the exact version. The first post of this thread links to two separate packs, a stable one for 0.43.05 and an alpha for 0.44.05.

Yeah, sorry 44.05-r01.
Checksum on v0.44.05_graphics_win64.ini in my folder matches the one on Github (now that I know where to look).
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Spacevagrant

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: January 31, 2018, 02:23:59 pm »

I don't know about the other issues you are having but the issue with Soundcense not playing any sounds is one I had.  I had to manually point to my game log file instead of letting it find DF automatically.  Then it started working.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: January 31, 2018, 06:44:55 pm »

I don't know about the other issues you are having but the issue with Soundcense not playing any sounds is one I had.  I had to manually point to my game log file instead of letting it find DF automatically.  Then it started working.

Ahhh yeah, after looking at the default it makes cense ;)
I found adding soundsense.cmd then the old Soundsense won't show highlighted but it will still launch with DF. Since it doesn't actually overwrite the manual edits, it just appends. Glad to have it working again since I value the logparser as much as the sound. Sadly Soundcense either lacks that feature or I don't know how to turn it on.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: February 01, 2018, 06:57:32 pm »

so glad to see this is still going strong! had a friend message me the other day that he was trying out DF and I was all "NOOOOOOO IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE!" and sent him a link to this :D

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: February 01, 2018, 07:53:09 pm »

I'm having trouble getting TWBT creature support to work. What onLoad.init am I supposed to move? The only graphics set I've seen that provided one is GemSet, and I use Phoebus. Also, where is the raws/ folder. There is a raw/ folder, is that what you mean? Have moved all the data and raw files for twbt to their respective folders in Phoebus, but still not getting TWBT creature rendering. Everything just shows with a black background.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: February 01, 2018, 09:25:41 pm »

I'm having trouble getting TWBT creature support to work. What onLoad.init am I supposed to move? The only graphics set I've seen that provided one is GemSet, and I use Phoebus. Also, where is the raws/ folder. There is a raw/ folder, is that what you mean? Have moved all the data and raw files for twbt to their respective folders in Phoebus, but still not getting TWBT creature rendering. Everything just shows with a black background.

I think this might be the easiest way:

1. Right-click to download this file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DFgraphics/Phoebus/master/onLoad_gfx_Phoebus.init
2. Place it in your \PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.05-r01\LNP\graphics\Phoebus\raw\ folder.
3. Move the contents of the "twbt_graphics" folder into the "graphics" folder while you're there.
4. Open the LNP launcher, go to the graphics tab, and double-click "Phoebus" to reinstall the modified version of Phoebus.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: February 05, 2018, 08:16:41 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.05-r02!
As usual, you can get it here.

That's right - the new starter pack is finally stable!  Check out the announcements forums for info on the DF updates, or the threads for each utility for details on those updates - there are very many people behind this pack, who have worked hard to deliver some fantastic new features (and a huge pile of bugfixes too).

So... Strike the Earth!

0.44.05-r02
 - updated DFHack to 0.44.05-r1 (stable!)
 - updated TwbT to v6.34
 - updated Legends Viewer to 1.19.05

SHA256:  c50d6538acb988e88b365a7731c7f5b42bd275c21036ff97358b665c22db2799

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: February 05, 2018, 09:00:07 am »

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 385