Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098453 times)

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4815 on: March 08, 2018, 01:00:21 pm »

intro movies were never enabled only one time when I did a clean install - downloaded launcher and started the game but other than that I always disable the intro movies. won't fix it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: March 08, 2018, 01:29:21 pm »

I'd recommend reading through those reports. Have you tried resizing the window a bit?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: March 08, 2018, 01:36:43 pm »

did you press Alt+m ?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: March 08, 2018, 01:44:47 pm »

tried resizing the game. tried full screen. tried different resolutions. and yes if you refer to that dfhack mouse plugin with alt + m game then yes I never play without it

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: March 08, 2018, 01:47:28 pm »

also tried setting and changing the resolution in the init files with no help.
I don't understand why it's working for that mephs launcher or what that guy did differently. I never had any problems like that with any starter pack before the 44.02 too so I have no idea whats going on.

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: March 08, 2018, 01:51:23 pm »

how ever can you tell me what files are responsible for those function to be able to use the mouse in dwarf fortress? is the mousequery.dll involved in it? and which inis? so I can compare those file from that mephs launcher with the ones from the starter pack

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: March 08, 2018, 03:18:02 pm »

Yes, there are two versions of mousequery: vanilla mousequery and twbt mousequery. Don't use the mousequery from Meph's pack, though; I think he is on a different version of DFHack. Instead, try downloading DFHack and using the copy of mousequery that comes with it.

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: March 08, 2018, 03:22:07 pm »

well I updated that mephs tileset launcher myself now from DFHack 0.44.05-alpha1 to DFHack 0.44.05-r2 and twbt from 6.33 to twbt 6.35 and I expected the same error I get from the starter pack how ever that bug doesnt appear. now I am confused if dfhack or twbt has anything to do with that bug at all
edit: alright ill try to play around a bit with the files
edit2: downgraded the starter pack from DFHack 0.44.05-r2 to DFHack 0.44.05-alpha1 and twbt from 6.35 to 6.33 and the bug disappeared!
edit3: so I seem to fix that bug if I just copy paste the latest dfhack and twbt from github over the starter pack files
I also noticed that I get an error in dfhack "couldnt load onload.init-example" only in the default starter pack. I've noticed that those onload.init files are missing in the starter pack but when I inspect those files I don't think that had anything to do with my error. but it's still strange that those are missing in the starter pack.

so I am able to fix it now but I am still curious whats causing that error and what changed in the dfhack files for the starter pack from the default dfhack from github other than those onload.init files missing because I have the most generic setup with windows 10 an average machine and 1980x1080 screen. shouldnt everyone get that same bug with the starter pack??
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:17:25 pm by jaynixxo »

TheEpicRanger6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: March 08, 2018, 04:36:10 pm »

I don't know what fixed my problem, I jsut disabled a bunch of settings from windows defender and ran as administrator.
During a civil war, I saw a child wailing on an unconscious priest and screaming on top of the walls. I don't know what he did to that kid, but I assumed it must've been awful. I put a pick through his head, and the brat spit at me and accused me of murder. I bodyslammed him off the parapet, 13 z-lvls up.

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: March 08, 2018, 05:44:53 pm »

you had the same problem and you fixed it by disabling some setting in windows and running as administrator??
i really would like to know what the difference is between the dfhack and twbt versions in the starter packs and the ones from github.

also i would like to know why the starter pack with the included dfhack won't create an onload.init file when creating a world like it does with the github dfhack and if those problems are in any way connected.
//edit: fixed that onload.init error
on world creation dfhack asks for an onload.init-example file but the file in the starter pack main folder is just called onload.init so I renamed it to onload.init-example and the error for that is gone so it wasn't connected to that other bug at all.
I assume that this onload.init-example file is responsible for warning you if a pet or a dwarf is starving together with the warn-starving.lua and that this shouldn't work in the r03 release of the starter pack without renaming that file
onload.init-example content: repeat -name warn-starving -time 10 -timeUnits days -command [ warn-starving ]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:30:32 pm by jaynixxo »

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: March 10, 2018, 05:30:02 pm »

What is a chance that new DF 0.44.06 will work on current LNP for 0.44.05?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: March 10, 2018, 05:44:38 pm »

It will not, as is the case with every new DF version, because utilities (in particular) need to be updated.
I don't think there are any raw changes, so you could maybe put something together without utilities.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: March 10, 2018, 05:52:48 pm »

It depends on the which part of the pack you want. The utilities mostly won't work, because those depend on reading and understanding DF memory use.  Those include DFHack, Therapist, Stonesense, basically any program that needs to run simultaneously with DF.

If the RAWs and exports haven't changed, programs which use those will still work.  Tilesets are likely to work if the RAWs aren't changed.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: March 14, 2018, 08:07:00 am »

Any estimate on the next pack with 07?

fartron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: March 14, 2018, 01:43:39 pm »

was getting crashes the instant a caravan arrived