Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098063 times)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4860 on: March 27, 2018, 08:09:57 am »

I'd be content if the packs hang on for the next bugfixed version, or two.

Lethosor - I agree, I dont see any problem with the implementation of the zoom feature at all. Just bringing attention to that default value.
Klok the Kloker !

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: March 27, 2018, 09:58:01 am »

Any news upon when the starter pack for 44.07 comes?
DFHack is still in alpha. Once DFHack hits r1 LNP will probably follow shortly thereafter. When will DFHack hit r1? When those working on mapping out the changes and additions are sufficiently confident that what's mapped is reasonably correct and covers what was there previously. There is no guarantee DFHack won't need a beta version before r1...

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: March 28, 2018, 03:31:16 am »

If you download the 44.07 Df version, then paste it over the df folder, download df hack alpha and TWBT and do the same, following their install instructions, you can get a so far perfectly stable LNP 44.07 version.

Bearbar123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: March 30, 2018, 04:26:36 pm »

can someone please help me, i downloaded the latest pack but dwarf therapist is not in the utilities, i kinda need it to make a larger fort

Edit:NVM, it would be really helpful to answer this question, but i found a way to download seperately
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 04:50:13 pm by Bearbar123 »

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: March 30, 2018, 04:51:48 pm »

Dwarf therapist is like an office spreadsheet accounting app and you have to use it outside the game and sync it back and forth all the time. Better off with this new tool Cavern keeper thats so much easier to use and informative and atmospheric.
Klok the Kloker !

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: March 30, 2018, 07:43:45 pm »

In-game microing looks a bit more tedious than switching to Dwarf Therapist. If using DFHack, you could run the labormanager command in the Terminal window to have it micro the labors for you.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: March 30, 2018, 07:48:40 pm »

Dwarf therapist is like an office spreadsheet accounting app and you have to use it outside the game and sync it back and forth all the time. Better off with this new tool Cavern keeper thats so much easier to use and informative and atmospheric.

This does look awesome, but it's an alternative to Therapist - not a substitute!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: March 30, 2018, 08:13:08 pm »

It's a modified version of manipulator. Also, you wrote it.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: March 30, 2018, 08:31:51 pm »

I always thought it would make a fine companion, but I try various ways to hawk it about while its underground. It could be therapists evil NEMESIS Bwahahaharrrg!
Klok the Kloker !

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: March 31, 2018, 01:11:59 am »

I always thought it would make a fine companion, but I try various ways to hawk it about while its underground. It could be therapists evil NEMESIS Bwahahaharrrg!
Dishonest marketing is not a good way to hawk your wares: there's a significant chance of a backlash once the "third party recommendations" are found to actually be marketing by the creator.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: March 31, 2018, 09:54:15 am »

Uh, my avatar is the one right at the top of the thread I 'dishonestly' link to fellas - and immediately declares the relation to manipulator.

The maintainer/s of manipulator have showed zero interest and I virtually begged for two months at the dfhack repo to push it back to them. After a month of total silence Lethosor did manage to find a moment on his iphone to reply with a half hearted code review and admit that he had no interest in playing with these character details. It was clear that I would need to push ahead by myself to take it anywhere this century, so I chose my own name and got on with it.

A Plump helmet Man is not a Plump helmet, and Keeper is not a Manipulator - its a great tool that the relevant developers have ignored for reasons known only to themselves... perhaps they are hexed by a necromancer to keep the true colors of the dorf locked behind a sheet of tooltips and buttons to click.
Klok the Kloker !

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: March 31, 2018, 08:06:46 pm »

Out of curiosity, where is the Phoebus tileset that the LNP uses?  Is there a way to get it independently?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: March 31, 2018, 08:24:51 pm »

https://github.com/DFgraphics/Phoebus should have it. Check under releases. https://github.com/DFgraphics/DFgraphics and  https://github.com/DFgraphics may also be useful. There's a Phoebus thread in the graphics board of this forum, but Phoebus (the original maintainer) no longer maintains it.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: March 31, 2018, 09:47:29 pm »

Thanks Lethosor!  Much appreciated.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: April 01, 2018, 07:37:57 am »

*edit grumbles* - its Easter
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 07:40:33 am by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 385