Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098190 times)

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4890 on: April 08, 2018, 07:45:06 pm »

Does vanilla DF work? Has any other version worked on that machine?

If I turn dfhack off it launches fine also 40.24 r20 seems to run fine

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: April 09, 2018, 12:22:18 am »

Is there anyway to have the starter pack run with 32bit in the lastest update? Or does the starter pack no longer support it? I am able to run 64bit but it just cuts my fps in half to the point to where 100 people in my fortress becomes 15fps...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:25:56 am by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: April 09, 2018, 02:18:07 am »

Is there anyway to have the starter pack run with 32bit in the lastest update? Or does the starter pack no longer support it? I am able to run 64bit but it just cuts my fps in half to the point to where 100 people in my fortress becomes 15fps...

The game itself is 64-bit only at this point. It's not that PE doesn't maintain a 32-bit branch, it's that Toady has switched to 64 and doesn't have a 32-bit fork active anymore.

Edit: Apparently this is wrong. That being said, I don't know if anyone has a 32-bit version of all of the utilities that go into the pack. If so, I haven't heard of it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:22:09 am by Salkryn »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: April 09, 2018, 02:19:58 am »

The game itself is 64-bit only at this point. It's not that PE doesn't maintain a 32-bit branch, it's that Toady has switched to 64 and doesn't have a 32-bit fork active anymore.
That is entirely wrong. Toady still distributes both. PE has explicitly decided not to support a 32-bit branch.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/older_versions.html
Search this thread for "32-bit" and you should find more explanations.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:22:06 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: April 09, 2018, 02:22:42 am »

That is entirely wrong. Toady still distributes both. PE has explicitly decided not to support a 32-bit branch.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/older_versions.html
Search this thread for "32-bit" and you should find more explanations.

My mistake. Thank you for the correction.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: April 09, 2018, 02:25:45 am »

Regarding utilities, DFHack definitely supports both architectures on all platforms, and DT tries to, although its support is a little more inconsistent for some builds. TWBT is the only 64-bit-only one I can think of. Most other utilities run externally and are thus unaffected by DF's architecture, although any of them built as 64-bit executables will require a 64-bit machine, of course.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: April 14, 2018, 09:36:17 pm »

Thanks for the buttons for pause on warm and pause on damp. Makes it vastly easier to show people how to do things. Taxes hit me pretty hard this month, but hopefully I'll have some spare at the end of the month.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: April 16, 2018, 05:10:43 am »

It's not a big thing, but the import feature didn't copy over my settings for init files or graphics.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:04 pm »

People keep asking me about the "Could not load onLoad.init-example" message that gets logged in the DFHack console when using this pack. That line is in dfhack.init-example as an example, and meant to be changed or removed as needed. Can you address that, either by removing the line from dfhack.init-example (I assume you have an onLoad.init set up) or by making an empty onLoad.init-example?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: April 22, 2018, 06:06:10 am »

People keep asking me about the "Could not load onLoad.init-example" message that gets logged in the DFHack console when using this pack. That line is in dfhack.init-example as an example, and meant to be changed or removed as needed. Can you address that, either by removing the line from dfhack.init-example (I assume you have an onLoad.init set up) or by making an empty onLoad.init-example?

Thanks for letting me know - I'll fix this for the next version.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

dan84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: April 26, 2018, 07:09:56 pm »

I'm trying to build this from your github starter-pack site.  Is this the right place to report an issue?

https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack/issues/23

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: April 26, 2018, 07:52:49 pm »

I'm trying to build this from your github starter-pack site.  Is this the right place to report an issue?

https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack/issues/23

Yep, I just don't check it often  :-[

From the log, it looks like a misconfigured executable name for Armok Vision.  Either delete it from the components.yml, or unpack it manually and fix the name, and everything should work!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: April 27, 2018, 01:29:21 pm »

The pack doesn't properly install the TWBT extensions for Phoebus anymore, since they're not included by default. You have to copy the files from twbt_art and twbt_init into art and init respectively to get the enhanced TWBT Phoebus graphics.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: May 04, 2018, 05:58:02 pm »

I've just downloaded and installed the latest windows version, nothing updates unless I alt tab out and back again

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: May 05, 2018, 04:09:52 pm »

Love the pack. Posting to watch when it gets updated to the newest version.
Raid crashes are really harshing my buzz. Hopefully 0.44.10 helps with that.
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 385