Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098545 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4920 on: May 14, 2018, 09:20:29 am »

Would there be an issue when moving my savefiles from an unofficial starter pack to the official one? By the way, thanks for your work. I've been using this pack for years.
There shouldn't be. You can move vanilla saves to the LNP as well. This assumes the inofficial packs aren't doing something weird, of course.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: May 14, 2018, 04:07:09 pm »

I've just downloaded and installed the latest windows version, nothing updates unless I alt tab out and back again

thanks for the help, really appreciate it

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: May 14, 2018, 04:17:10 pm »

I've just downloaded and installed the latest windows version, nothing updates unless I alt tab out and back again

thanks for the help, really appreciate it
What exactly does "nothing updates" mean? The screen doesn't update, or no keyboard input at all is recognized? How often do you have to alt-tab back and forth? Have you had this issue with other versions? Without packs/utilities?

I, for one, didn't respond because from the little information I had, it sounded like something I had literally no idea how to resolve, and pages of "I don't know" responses are generally unhelpful.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

awisn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: May 14, 2018, 04:36:40 pm »

My dwarves tend to loose parts of their equipment when coming back from raids/exploarion. Any1 else experiencing the same problem? It's the current version of LNBP I'm using while having that problem.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: May 15, 2018, 02:30:13 am »

My dwarves tend to loose parts of their equipment when coming back from raids/exploarion. Any1 else experiencing the same problem? It's the current version of LNBP I'm using while having that problem.
There's an issue mentioned in the forums of dorfs reverting to civilians when returning from raids, and dropping food (and drink has been mentioned as well) when entering. If you're using uniform only when on duty that should result in them shedding the uniform as well. As far as known, this is a vanilla issue, so neither DFHack nor any other of the components the LNP has collected would be responsible.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: May 15, 2018, 02:11:57 pm »

There's an issue mentioned in the forums of dorfs reverting to civilians when returning from raids, and dropping food (and drink has been mentioned as well) when entering. If you're using uniform only when on duty that should result in them shedding the uniform as well. As far as known, this is a vanilla issue, so neither DFHack nor any other of the components the LNP has collected would be responsible.

ok so its wait for another version :D

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: May 16, 2018, 03:58:30 pm »

What are the "Other automation plugins" in the latest pack exactly?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: May 16, 2018, 04:38:25 pm »

They should be defined in a file named something like PyLNP.json or PyLNP.yaml (not sure). If you can upload/paste that file, I can explain what they are.

Really, the exact tools should be named and explained in PyLNP so people can know exactly what they're enabling, but I have yet to find a pack that does that.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: May 17, 2018, 04:53:38 am »

What are the "Other automation plugins" in the latest pack exactly?
They should be defined in a file named something like PyLNP.json or PyLNP.yaml (not sure). If you can upload/paste that file, I can explain what they are.

Really, the exact tools should be named and explained in PyLNP so people can know exactly what they're enabling, but I have yet to find a pack that does that.

It's json in the distributed pack, but I keep the source in yaml here, and the script or plugin names should be in the tooltip.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: May 17, 2018, 10:55:41 am »

That does help, thanks. (Some people I've found aren't sure what stuff like "mouse controls" and "enhanced gameplay" means, and I feel like I've seen people claiming to use "bugfixes" recently, which isn't even listed, but for the most part that helps figure out what things are. Of course, it would be better to have the commands themselves visible without having to dig through a config file, so people can find documentation more easily.) Out of curiosity, why is it translated from YAML to JSON?

Anyway, Miles, they're autonestbox (part of the zone plugin) and the burial script (not a plugin).
- autonestbox appears to require you to set up pastures in a specific way, so it might not be doing anything for you unless you've done that.
- burial only does anything at the moment it's run, so the pack schedules it to run weekly using "repeat". It should make coffins a bit easier to use.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: May 17, 2018, 09:10:02 pm »

Out of curiosity, why is it translated from YAML to JSON?

I found it easier to write the config by hand using YAML, and the diffs tend to be nicer.  That hasn't been a concern in a while but I haven't had any reason to change it either!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: May 21, 2018, 06:01:03 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.10-r01!
As usual, you can get it here.

Well, it's that part of the cycle again - everything is stable, so there's a new starter pack!  The next step will be for Toady to update DF again - there's some exciting stuff with memories and stress waiting.  Until then, Strike the Earth!

0.44.10-r01
 - updated Dwarf Fortress
 - updated DFHack to 44.10-r1
 - updated TwbT to v6.4
 - updated Legends Viewer to 1.19.8
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v40.0.0
 - updated graphics: Mayday, Phoebus, Obsidian, Meph, Spacefox, Ironhand, GemSet (again)

SHA256:  83f5e0b9ff3d90a85093b68c6fdfe48f0aa03b48cb2e84334d0733ac93e9da05

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
 Donations here.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: May 21, 2018, 03:44:58 pm »

Uh, unless you updated it again after I downloaded it or it got moved I don't see Therapist in Utilities.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: May 21, 2018, 06:49:42 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.10-r02!
As usual, you can get it here.

A quick re-release with some overdue bugfixes - Toady is bound to update soon now  :P
Enjoy the graphics - and Strike the Earth!

0.44.10-r02
 - really including Dwarf Therapist (taught build script about new location of memory layouts)
 - baked in optional TwbT enhancements for most graphics packs

SHA256:  d757c2b3e7d0912aaed12dc5e0d4d2390d4bd1e2fe77456289084dffec62bf08

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: May 21, 2018, 06:52:08 pm »

Uh, unless you updated it again after I downloaded it or it got moved I don't see Therapist in Utilities.

Sorry!  I had missed that the memory layouts were moved, so my build script deleted Therapist.  New version has fixed that problem and has bonus graphics upgrade  ;D
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 385