Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098445 times)

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4950 on: May 25, 2018, 02:41:49 am »

The pack still isn't installing TWBT files for graphics sets properly. At least for Phoebus and Obsidian, and probably others, it puts files into raw/init and raw/art that should go into data/init and data/art, respectively.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: May 25, 2018, 02:52:37 am »

The pack still isn't installing TWBT files for graphics sets properly. At least for Phoebus and Obsidian, and probably others, it puts files into raw/init and raw/art that should go into data/init and data/art, respectively.

That's what I'm seeing as well, unfortunately. The files are indeed in a different spot than before, but they still cannot be seen by PyLNP (at least in the case of Phoebus.) I suspect PyLNP will have to treat Phoebus and Phoebus-TWBT as different graphics sets, with their very different file sets and settings files.
Team Bug Fix!

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: May 25, 2018, 02:32:19 pm »

No idea where this issue is, but when I toggle showing or hiding engravings, it seems to only affect new engravings. If I have engravings set to hide and then engrave some stone, then quit and set engravings to be shown, the existing engravings will still be hidden, but any new engravings will show. Likewise the reverse, if I then quit and set them to hide again, the engravings made while they were set to show will still be shown.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: May 25, 2018, 02:59:42 pm »

No idea where this issue is, but when I toggle showing or hiding engravings, it seems to only affect new engravings. If I have engravings set to hide and then engrave some stone, then quit and set engravings to be shown, the existing engravings will still be hidden, but any new engravings will show. Likewise the reverse, if I then quit and set them to hide again, the engravings made while they were set to show will still be shown.

That setting changes the default state for new engravings. You can use designations change hide or unhide existing engravings using d->v.

Also the "onLoad_gfx_Phoebus.init" file should get moved into the "raw" folder.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:09:50 pm by jecowa »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: May 25, 2018, 03:56:23 pm »

DF's name for the engravings setting in init.txt is "engravings start obscured" or something like that (emphasis on "start"). I'm guessing the name in the launcher is confusing, but the behavior you're seeing is intentional.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: May 26, 2018, 03:39:59 pm »

I'm wondering if Soundsense could have put some kind of lock on the gamelog file which prevented Dwarf Fortress from being able to write to it. That's the only way I could imagine it having an impact.

I had it happen to me to and I'm not running Soundsense.  I'm going to try with a smaller world and see if it fixes it.

Edit:
Interesting, it crashed again, but then I embarked with the window not maxed and not on my 4K monitor and it worked fine. 

Yep, crashed when maximized windowed on 4K, but not when not.  Replicated it several times. Maximized on 1080p is fine, non-maximized on 4K is fine, maximized on 4K crashes.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:03:37 pm by arbarbonif »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: May 26, 2018, 10:21:42 pm »

I'm wondering if Soundsense could have put some kind of lock on the gamelog file which prevented Dwarf Fortress from being able to write to it. That's the only way I could imagine it having an impact.

I had it happen to me to and I'm not running Soundsense.  I'm going to try with a smaller world and see if it fixes it.

Edit:
Interesting, it crashed again, but then I embarked with the window not maxed and not on my 4K monitor and it worked fine. 

Yep, crashed when maximized windowed on 4K, but not when not.  Replicated it several times. Maximized on 1080p is fine, non-maximized on 4K is fine, maximized on 4K crashes.

I'm wondering if the small 16x16 size of Phoebus is causing it to crash. You might try GemSet (which is 24x24) or Meph-Lite (which is 32x32) to see if those cause a crash in fullscreen on the 4k display.

Pixel-Axe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: May 27, 2018, 02:37:03 am »

Edit:

Hmm I also have 4K. Were you in window mode maxed out or in full screen mode?

I'm wondering if the small 16x16 size of Phoebus is causing it to crash. You might try GemSet (which is 24x24) or Meph-Lite (which is 32x32) to see if those cause a crash in fullscreen on the 4k display.

I was/am using meph. I will try to replicate my crash with different window sizes. If I can't get it to crash I will try my theory again by deleting all the soundsense files and updating it again to see if I can get it to crash
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:43:48 am by Pixel-Axe »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: May 27, 2018, 03:48:45 am »

Meph 3.0 uses animations. Animations require a feature that has stability problems for some users. You can disable it by opening /lnp/graphics/meph/raw/onLoad_gfx_meph.init in a text editor and deleting the line that reads, "twbt redraw_all 1" (which should be the line on the bottom). Then opening the LNP launcher, go to the "Graphics" tab and reinstall Meph into your save files by double-clicking it.

It sounds like the redraw all feature will be disabled by default again in Meph version 3.1 because of this issue. I'm kind of curious if the animation feature only causes trouble while in full screen mode.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4959 on: May 27, 2018, 05:57:12 am »

I can test if it acts differently in full-screen vs. windowed mode, but I'll certainly put it back to redraw_all 0 by default. Having a few fancy moving images doesn't make up for some people experiencing crashes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: May 27, 2018, 11:30:16 pm »

I've gotten reports from other players on the embark crash. I don't think any of they had 4K displays or were using Meph. One noted that it would only crash on embark if Print mode was set to TWBT – STANDARD and 2D both worked fine. I'm not sure what could explain this. A twbt bug sounds like it could explain it, but how does that fit together with the 4k to 1080p fix? What problem could explain both of these fixes to the embark crash?

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: May 30, 2018, 03:29:15 pm »

I've gotten reports from other players on the embark crash. I don't think any of they had 4K displays or were using Meph. One noted that it would only crash on embark if Print mode was set to TWBT – STANDARD and 2D both worked fine. I'm not sure what could explain this. A twbt bug sounds like it could explain it, but how does that fit together with the 4k to 1080p fix? What problem could explain both of these fixes to the embark crash?

I'm (trying) to play, on a 4k display, using the Spacefox set.  I'm using windowed mode, maxed, and every embark I've tried is a CTD.  I can try switching TWBT to 2D or Standard when I get home, and see if that works.  I hope I can bring TWBT back after the embark though.  I'll let you know what I find.
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: May 30, 2018, 04:05:10 pm »

A pretty simple explanation is that TWBT crashes when the window size is large enough.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:13:05 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: May 30, 2018, 06:18:56 pm »

I'm getting near constant embark crashes, but not always. I just got 3 in a row, then didn't crash at the same site. *shrug*

1920x1080 desktop resolution and windowed mode

Lowered pop cap (140, Strict 160, Child Cap 25:50)
Graze Coefficient: 125
Meph+Vordak (Lite) 32x

DFHack
Enhanced Gameplay
Mouse Controls
Multilevel View
Other Automation plugins
Performance Tweaks

Soundsense

stderr.log report:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:26:25 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: May 30, 2018, 07:20:11 pm »

That error log doesn't provide much insight. Have you tried disabling TWBT as mentioned above?

One interesting thing I did notice from stderr.log:
Invoking: multicmd tweak fast-heat 100; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ multicmd cleanowned X ; clean all ]
Invoking: tweak fast-heat 100
Enabled tweak fast-heat (fast_heat_hook::updateTempFromMap)
Enabled tweak fast-heat (fast_heat_hook::updateTemperature)
Enabled tweak fast-heat (fast_heat_hook::adjustTemperature)
Invoking: repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ multicmd cleanowned X
Invoking: clean all ]
Invoking: cleanowned X

PeridexisErrant, this line is not doing what you think it is:
Code: [Select]
multicmd tweak fast-heat 100; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ multicmd cleanowned X ; clean all ]
Namely, it's running three commands:
Code: [Select]
tweak fast-heat 100
repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ multicmd cleanowned X
clean all ]
which means that cleanowned and "clean all" aren't getting run periodically as they should be. You should fix this, either by multiple repeat calls, avoiding "multicmd", or maybe with a wrapper script.

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 385