Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098167 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4965 on: May 31, 2018, 05:15:53 am »

If I change to 2d or standard, the tilesets are all gibberish. TWBT Legacy works, but changes how it looks enough I can't make anything out. I guess the tileset I am using requires TWBT? Can you suggest a tileset I can test with that works better with the older modes?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

BugDV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: May 31, 2018, 07:47:07 am »

So umm... the current version does not appear to be working for me. No error messages or anything, just the program closes at startup, so I have no idea where to start. Used an older version before, worked like a charm (The one before the raiding / expedition update).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: May 31, 2018, 07:57:33 am »

If I change to 2d or standard, the tilesets are all gibberish. TWBT Legacy works, but changes how it looks enough I can't make anything out. I guess the tileset I am using requires TWBT? Can you suggest a tileset I can test with that works better with the older modes?
GemSet, DungeonSet, and Meph are the ones that require TWBT. The other ones should be useable without it.

So umm... the current version does not appear to be working for me. No error messages or anything, just the program closes at startup, so I have no idea where to start. Used an older version before, worked like a charm (The one before the raiding / expedition update).
I'm guessing this is related to the pack switching to the 64-bit version of Dwarf Fortress. You can swap out the Dwarf Fortress folder included in the pack for the 32-bit version from bay12's website. And then you can install 32-bit DFHack manually if you want that too, but there is no 32-bit TWBT, so GemSet, DungeonSet, and Meph will not be useable.

BugDV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: May 31, 2018, 08:36:36 am »

Sorry, my bad, I was talking about the starter pack launcher. Plus, it would be nice to use the fancy new 64 bit version since it's already a thing. ^^ (Also, just checked to be exact, last working version I've used is 43.05-r08).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: May 31, 2018, 09:34:59 am »

Is there anything in stderr.txt next to PyLNP?
The actual version (number) you're using now might also help.

Okay, but I asked because I wanted to know if DF still crashed with TWBT disabled. Does DF still crash? I know your tilesets won't look great without TWBT, but that's not the point.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: May 31, 2018, 12:03:02 pm »

Okay, but I asked because I wanted to know if DF still crashed with TWBT disabled. Does DF still crash? I know your tilesets won't look great without TWBT, but that's not the point.

Yes, I know, that's why I said I'd test it out. A little tricky when you can't tell what you're looking at. :)

So far, no embark crashes with TWBT disabled. Will test more when I get more time. About 2-3 years back I remember getting crashes on embark with TWBT enabled, I had to disable it, embark, and enable it later after and don't think I had further problems. Will try again, seems like the same problem as then however.

BugDV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: May 31, 2018, 12:28:56 pm »

Using the most recent version (44.10 r03). But yeah, no, there's no stderr.txt next to it, checked the rar file also, none there either.
EDIT: Checked it with earlier versions, same problem with them now.
EDIT2: Managed to get the error code in the event viewer: 0xc0000417 Googling around, still no solution.
EDIT3: Might as well publish all the info I can.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 01:13:12 pm by BugDV »

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: May 31, 2018, 08:19:01 pm »

I tried playing again with TWBT enabled after embarking. Everything was fine for awhile, but before half a year it instantly crashed when I pressed the button to put down a zone. I had previously placed about 5 zones successfully however. Will play for awhile with it disabled.

stderr.log

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Feathered Dinosaur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: June 02, 2018, 07:05:58 pm »

Apologies if this has been asked earlier and I missed it, but has Dwarf Therapist been added to the LNB yet? I can't seem to find it in the utilities tab if so (the three available are Armok Vision, DF Story Maker, and Dorven Realm).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: June 02, 2018, 07:17:26 pm »

DT should be in there, and I think there should be way more than 3 utilities. Is it possible that some antivirus removed them?

Also, genuinely curious, where did the "LNB" typo come from? I've seen it a surprising number of times, and B and P aren't close on keyboards I'm familiar with (and even then, it's a pack, not a back).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

The Feathered Dinosaur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: June 02, 2018, 08:06:56 pm »

DT should be in there, and I think there should be way more than 3 utilities. Is it possible that some antivirus removed them?

Also, genuinely curious, where did the "LNB" typo come from? I've seen it a surprising number of times, and B and P aren't close on keyboards I'm familiar with (and even then, it's a pack, not a back).

Hmm... I looked into but in the files there not there (and to my knowledge no anti-virus warning popped up). On older versions (43.05) DT was available, if I can't figure out what happened I'll download it from GitHub link. And on how I mistyped P as B I have no idea, I wasn't even mobile. :-\

SOLVED, downloaded DT, so far is working perfectly fine.
Edit: solved
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:16:14 pm by The Feathered Dinosaur »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: June 02, 2018, 09:24:36 pm »

Well, that's not a great solution. What pack exactly did you download (version number, link)? Maybe there's some version that left it out that didn't get updated somewhere.
Yeah, typos happen. I'm just curious if some popular page refers to it as "LNB" or something, because I've seen that an unexpected number of times. Weird.

The Feathered Dinosaur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: June 03, 2018, 09:21:34 am »

Well, that's not a great solution. What pack exactly did you download (version number, link)? Maybe there's some version that left it out that didn't get updated somewhere.
Yeah, typos happen. I'm just curious if some popular page refers to it as "LNB" or something, because I've seen that an unexpected number of times. Weird.

I downloaded it from the dffd and file version was .44.10-r03. My guess is my virus scanner/protector did delete it but didn't inform me of it. (Which is weird because I would have thought it would have popped up with a message like 'We found x unknown/potentially dangerous files and deleted them' or something like that.) And if its referred to on some popular page as LNB its not to my knowledge. My guess is I typed B and just mentally read/saw it as P

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: June 16, 2018, 07:37:20 am »

I just saw lunitis' issue with Dwarf Therapist. The Visual C++ Redistributable must be installed for DT to work. Manually installing it does not seem newb-friendly (or lazy-friendly). Is there a way for your pack to make sure it is installed or run the installer?

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: June 16, 2018, 10:38:13 pm »

Is it just me or do bins never work whenever I use this modpackage? Specifically with finished goods, my dorfs don't want to use bins!
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 385