Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098186 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5010 on: July 06, 2018, 07:37:13 pm »

You should probably get an updated set from https://github.com/DFgraphics, since sometimes just updating the version without updating other things will break your saves. That said, of the ones I checked, one (rally ho) did only update the version, so if you don't mind missing out on new things like messenger graphics, you could just edit the version in manifest.json in the graphics set folder(s) that you care about yourself. Note that this advice is only valid for 0.44.11 and should generally be considered unsafe.

Oof, been using the same Ironhand file since 44.08 so that probably is the problem is breaking something along the way.
Are you just using saves generated in 0.44.08? If so, they'll probably be fine, although they might be missing things added in newer versions (although I think things like messengers are possible in 0.44.11 with older saves).

My response was about getting DF 0.44.11 to generate a world using a graphics set from an older version.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: July 06, 2018, 07:39:26 pm »

You should probably get an updated set from https://github.com/DFgraphics, since sometimes just updating the version without updating other things will break your saves. That said, of the ones I checked, one (rally ho) did only update the version, so if you don't mind missing out on new things like messenger graphics, you could just edit the version in manifest.json in the graphics set folder(s) that you care about yourself. Note that this advice is only valid for 0.44.11 and should generally be considered unsafe.

Oof, been using the same Ironhand file since 44.08 so that probably is the problem is breaking something along the way.
Are you just using saves generated in 0.44.08? If so, they'll probably be fine, although they might be missing things added in newer versions (although I think things like messengers are possible in 0.44.11 with older saves).

My response was about getting DF 0.44.11 to generate a world using a graphics set from an older version.

Yeah I've been using old saves up until now.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: July 08, 2018, 02:22:00 pm »

Find myself coming back to the LNP for lack of time... how do you guys deal with the ridiculous corpse stress bug in 44.10? -_-
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: July 10, 2018, 05:45:03 am »

Find myself coming back to the LNP for lack of time... how do you guys deal with the ridiculous corpse stress bug in 44.10? -_-

I had never used DFHack to cheat before, but I have no regrets about using the fillneeds command in 44.10.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: July 10, 2018, 03:04:05 pm »

Honestly, I'd advise skipping 44.10 all together.  44.11+ fixed this issue.  All major utilities have been updated for the that version.  You can try a manual install, or just wait a bit for LNP to catch up.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: July 10, 2018, 05:07:47 pm »

You can try a manual install, or just wait a bit for LNP to catch up.

Yeah. There's always some detail I can't get right when I try to mash together all the different utilities, I'll just wait I guess.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

HellTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: July 11, 2018, 05:26:31 am »

where should i bug report for "Preview Win64 0.44.12 Pack.zip"? never did this yet.
so, while embarking, i fire up therapist to set optimal skills, there i got 13 dorfs and not 7. here are some screenshots:

https://pasteboard.co/HtWLc3oV.png
https://pasteboard.co/HtWLWVl.png

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: July 11, 2018, 06:41:10 am »

That pack is entirely unrelated to the one in this thread. That looks like a DT issue to me, so maybe report it in the DT thread.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Datura

• Bay Watcher
  • Klaatu! Barada! Hrmhrmhrm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: July 15, 2018, 04:45:02 am »

Hey!

Just wondering if there was any plan to update the pack to DF 44.12?
DFhack and TWBT have been updated with stable releases and Therapist as well, so I thought I'd just ask...

Keep up the good work!  ;)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: July 15, 2018, 05:16:34 am »

There's a new version of Dwarf Therapist literally still rolling hot off the compilers as we speak!

Trust in the Great Ancient PeridexisErrant!
Team Bug Fix!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: July 15, 2018, 05:51:52 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.12-r01!
As usual, you can get it here.

0.44.12-r01
 - updated Dwarf Fortress
 - updated DFHack to 0.44.12-r1
 - updated TwbT to v6.53
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v40.1.2
 - updated Legends Viewer to 1.19.09
 - updated graphics: Ironhand, Obsidian, Spacefox, Phoebus

SHA256:  1b5d95b2310fc1311a6a7b12a7b08c2daadd8b01c8b0892d53303a230ede3f6d

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Datura

• Bay Watcher
  • Klaatu! Barada! Hrmhrmhrm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: July 15, 2018, 06:26:29 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.12-r01!
As usual, you can get it here.

0.44.12-r01
 - updated Dwarf Fortress
 - updated DFHack to 0.44.12-r1
 - updated TwbT to v6.53
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v40.1.2
 - updated Legends Viewer to 1.19.09
 - updated graphics: Ironhand, Obsidian, Spacefox, Phoebus

SHA256:  1b5d95b2310fc1311a6a7b12a7b08c2daadd8b01c8b0892d53303a230ede3f6d

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Well, that was quick!   :o

Thanks for your work, it's really appreciated!

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: July 15, 2018, 01:11:14 pm »

Looks like Dwarf Therapist cannot contact DF. Could it be because the save is from older version?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: July 15, 2018, 01:28:47 pm »

Looks like Dwarf Therapist cannot contact DF. Could it be because the save is from older version?
I've got the same problem. DT doesn't want to connect to my migrated save.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: July 15, 2018, 01:33:20 pm »

I had the same problem, downloading the latest therapist seperately and overwriting the included version solved it for me.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 385