Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114009 times)

BugDV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5070 on: August 08, 2018, 09:56:53 am »

You are using 64-bit Windows, right?
Yup. Who/why/how doesn't these days?
As I was saying, there was a time when the pack worked before, no drastic changes in hardware/software in between those times.

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: August 13, 2018, 02:51:05 pm »

following problem:
https://imgur.com/a/8JrOIq9
after zooming out I am not able to click in the red area anymore like the game is not recognizing the cursor in that area anymore.
In previous versions I used to fix that problem with downloading dfhack and twbt from github and copying the files over the default ones from peridexis starter pack. this doesn't work for this version anymore. any ideas how to fix it?
It's annoying af.

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: August 16, 2018, 04:55:15 am »

has nobody an idea? or atleast know which files are causing it so I can look into it myself?
dwarf fortress is literally unplayable for me as of now.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: August 17, 2018, 05:03:37 am »

has nobody an idea? or atleast know which files are causing it so I can look into it myself?
dwarf fortress is literally unplayable for me as of now.
I don't use a mouse for DF, but obviously you're using one as you're "clicking", and mouse support is a DFHack functionality, mostly. There are some weirdness with TwbT that's probably caused by using different sized "fonts" for "grahics" and text that, at least in the past, has led to zooming to locations sending the cursor to the wrong place (moving the cursor has corrected that).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: August 17, 2018, 08:56:06 am »

Do you have the intro movies turned on? If so, disabling them might help.
Does resizing the window after this occurs help at all?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: August 17, 2018, 03:46:28 pm »

Do you have the intro movies turned on? If so, disabling them might help.
Does resizing the window after this occurs help at all?
intro movies are turned off
resizing the window won't help either, how ever if I change the size of the window I can click on either a wider area of the screen or a smaller area but never more than half the screen.
don't you have the same problem? I think everybody must have the same problem since this problem occurs with the default starter pack without me changing any files.
Zooming out and that you then can't click the lower half of the screen or a certain area with your mouse? I'm having this problem since the 43.05 updates
like I said I used to fix it with copy pasting the github dfhack and twbt versions over the peridexis folder but 44.12 is the first version where this doesn't work anymore.
this error occurs with or without twbt.
I suspect the mousequery file to be responsible for this. in previous versions of twbt there was always a mousequery file included which I copied over the default mousequery but this version is the first version where twbt only has a twbt.plug.dll and not an additional mousequery.dll
unfortunately I have no idea how to edit dll files or look into them
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:29:29 pm by jaynixxo »

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: August 17, 2018, 05:46:47 pm »

How would I fix this problem? It was working not too long ago.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: August 17, 2018, 06:05:59 pm »

How would I fix this problem? It was working not too long ago.

Try to reinstall soundsense. http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/
just need the first download

jajo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: August 18, 2018, 08:58:06 am »

hi
after updating from Win 10 1709 to win 10 1803 I can't right click on utilities. It immediately closes/crashes. I can double left click. Is this a known problem?
Any other way to turn on utilities at launch of DF?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: August 18, 2018, 11:40:19 am »

intro movies are turned off
resizing the window won't help either, how ever if I change the size of the window I can click on either a wider area of the screen or a smaller area but never more than half the screen.
Does readjusting the zoom help at all?
don't you have the same problem? I think everybody must have the same problem since this problem occurs with the default starter pack without me changing any files.
I don't have this problem because
a) I don't use TWBT
b) I don't use this starter pack
c) I don't use Windows
However, I haven't seen anyone else complain about this. That doesn't mean it's not happening, though - maybe people just don't use the mouse much. I don't, for one.
Zooming out and that you then can't click the lower half of the screen or a certain area with your mouse? I'm having this problem since the 43.05 updates
like I said I used to fix it with copy pasting the github dfhack and twbt versions over the peridexis folder but 44.12 is the first version where this doesn't work anymore.
I suspect the mousequery file to be responsible for this. in previous versions of twbt there was always a mousequery file included which I copied over the default mousequery but this version is the first version where twbt only has a twbt.plug.dll and not an additional mousequery.dll
unfortunately I have no idea how to edit dll files or look into them
The mousequery plugin is what provides nearly all of the mouse support, so of course it's responsible for the issue - it's responsible for the support in the first place!

TWBT used to distribute a version of mousequery that was compatible with TWBT, because DFHack's wasn't. This pack used to distribute the wrong one. Then, DFHack's version fixed TWBT compatibility, but that was a while ago (before 0.44). TWBT continued to distribute its own version with added features until around DFHack 0.44.10-r2 (when those features were added to DFHack's version).
It's possible that the TWBT compatibility isn't perfect, though. Can you try map and text tilesets where the tile heights are the same and see if that helps?

I find this very hard to believe, and if it's true, I won't be able to do anything, since it works fine without TWBT on my end. Can you try again, and make sure you disable TWBT? Deleting twbt.plug.dll from hack/plugins is probably the easiest way to do this.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: August 18, 2018, 03:51:01 pm »

I figured out that this problem occurs on the print modes: TWBT and 2D. On STANDARD it works completely fine regardless if I delete the twbt.plug.dll.
Can you try map and text tilesets where the tile heights are the same and see if that helps?
what exactly do you mean by that? I tried the meph tileset 32x, phoebus 16x and the default ascii. This error occurs on all of them. I also tried to change the FONT to obsolete_Meph_32x32.png and the GRAPHICS_FONT to Meph_32x32.png. I hope this is what you meant by map and text tilesets and the tile heights otherwise I would have to look into it a bit on how to change it manually.
Since ascii uses the print mode 2D, I assumed that no matter what, this error occurs, TWBT or not. But STANDARD seems to work every time just fine and TWBT and 2D have that error every time.
Since 2D has that problem too, even when you delete TWBT completely, TWBT can't be the problem.
Am I right to assume that there might be values for each print mode in the mousequery.plug.dll? Isn't it then possible to just copy paste the values from the STANDARD print mode to 2D and TWBT?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 04:13:34 pm by jaynixxo »

ewilkinson413

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: August 19, 2018, 11:42:03 am »

I gave the newest pack a shot and it seems really unstable. Crashes at embark. Crashes on load game. Is there something I can send or copy here to help you?

I'm actually having the exact same issue

Fresh download, default settings, can't get past embark screen without crashing. 0.43.05 works without any issue though.

EDIT: Huh, actually if I let it run with History set to Medium, it works, but set to Short it crashes.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:08:53 pm by ewilkinson413 »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: August 19, 2018, 02:10:48 pm »

That was been reported as TWBT issue in the past. Try embarking with screen set to 80x25 and/or TWBT disabled.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: August 19, 2018, 03:27:03 pm »

I figured out that this problem occurs on the print modes: TWBT and 2D. On STANDARD it works completely fine regardless if I delete the twbt.plug.dll.
Weird. 2D and TWBT are completely different - STANDARD is closer to TWBT, although obviously not the same, because both use OpenGL.
Can you try map and text tilesets where the tile heights are the same and see if that helps?
what exactly do you mean by that? I tried the meph tileset 32x, phoebus 16x and the default ascii. This error occurs on all of them. I also tried to change the FONT to obsolete_Meph_32x32.png and the GRAPHICS_FONT to Meph_32x32.png. I hope this is what you meant by map and text tilesets and the tile heights otherwise I would have to look into it a bit on how to change it manually.
I'm asking you to try a FONT and GRAPHICS_FONT with the same tile height - e.g. vanilla ASCII is 8x12, so each tile is 12px high. If you set that to FONT, for example, a GRAPHICS_FONT with a matching tile height could be 12x12, 10x12, 16x12, 890908x12, etc.
Since ascii uses the print mode 2D, I assumed that no matter what, this error occurs, TWBT or not. But STANDARD seems to work every time just fine and TWBT and 2D have that error every time.
ASCII isn't tied to any specific print mode - TWBT is the only print mode that some tilesets require, but that's only for added features.
Since 2D has that problem too, even when you delete TWBT completely, TWBT can't be the problem.
Are you sure? This sounds exactly like a TWBT issue to me. Even if you set PRINT_MODE to 2D, you still can't click in the bottom half of the screen? Can you run this command in the DFHack console and paste its output (right click to copy)?
Code: [Select]
lua printall(df.global.init.display.flag)
Am I right to assume that there might be values for each print mode in the mousequery.plug.dll? Isn't it then possible to just copy paste the values from the STANDARD print mode to 2D and TWBT?
No, that's not right. Mousequery doesn't care at all about the print mode, although it is possible for TWBT (and other plugins, in theory) to hook into it to adjust the coordinate system it uses. If PRINT_MODE is 2D, then TWBT is disabled and will not affect mousequery. There aren't separate "values" for different print modes, and I'm not even sure what you think "values" would do if they did exist. It's not like we accidentally added code to divide the screen height by 2 if the print mode is set to 2D. You can see the source code here for yourself. (mousequery.plug.dll is compiled, so it's not human-readable or editable in any case.)

ewilkinson413

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: August 19, 2018, 07:11:05 pm »

That was been reported as TWBT issue in the past. Try embarking with screen set to 80x25 and/or TWBT disabled.

I discovered TWBT has a newer release on their github that fixes this.
https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases

And these are the install instructions:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.msg7585832#msg7585832
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 385