Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098308 times)

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5145 on: November 23, 2018, 08:53:42 am »

What are the odds of my utilityy being covered in the package?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: November 24, 2018, 02:51:29 am »

What are the odds of my utilityy being covered in the package?

Unlikely, sorry, as it's substantially a mod rather than a straight utility.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: November 24, 2018, 04:42:26 am »

Having trouble getting the most recent Dwarf Therapist to run through the most recent version of this. Is there a fix for that? Or should I just backtrack to an earlier version if I desperately want that utility?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: November 24, 2018, 12:42:00 pm »

Having trouble getting the most recent Dwarf Therapist to run through the most recent version of this. Is there a fix for that? Or should I just backtrack to an earlier version if I desperately want that utility?
What OS and what is the error message? Anyone who tries to help will need this info.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Kadain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: November 30, 2018, 10:51:17 pm »

I think I'm getting the same problem as well, as when I launch Dwarf Therapist when I'm in my Embark carefully phase, DT launches but then becomes unresponsive.
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Vikram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: December 05, 2018, 07:29:55 am »

My network's telling me that the download is infected with a trojan

You are not permitted to download the file "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r04.zip" because it is infected with the virus "W32/Rozena.I!tr".

URL: http://dffd.bay12games.com/download.php?id=7622&f=PeridexisErrant%27s+Starter+Pack+0.44.12-r04.zip
File quarantined as: [disabled].

Edit: Downloaded just fine this time, my anti-virus isn't finding any problems. Looks like DFhack was making it give a false positive.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:33:05 am by Vikram »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: December 05, 2018, 10:41:46 am »

Out of curiosity, what made you think it was DFHack? I've also seen AV software that doesn't like PyLNP or Announcement Window.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: December 13, 2018, 09:56:20 pm »

Decided to get back into DF, and for some reason the game keeps crashing at embark? Been using the newest posted LNP, vanilla doesn't crash but when using LNP it does. Is there any utilities or anything causing problems this version? Nothing shows up in errorlog.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: December 14, 2018, 04:10:19 am »

There has been a problem with TwbT causing DF to crash reliably on embark under certain conditions (and crash unreliably otherwise). This bug is supposed to be fixed as far as I understand, but you may want to try to embark with TwbT disabled and then enable TwbT after embark (or you can embark with DFHack disabled, which should be identical to embarking with vanilla, and then enable DFHack).

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: December 14, 2018, 10:50:31 pm »

There has been a problem with TwbT causing DF to crash reliably on embark under certain conditions (and crash unreliably otherwise). This bug is supposed to be fixed as far as I understand, but you may want to try to embark with TwbT disabled and then enable TwbT after embark (or you can embark with DFHack disabled, which should be identical to embarking with vanilla, and then enable DFHack).

Thank you, that did fix it! Time to get back into enjoying DF.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

antipin00

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: December 18, 2018, 05:10:09 pm »

Found a small problem with the launcher.
I downloaded the file, checked the checksum, unzipped it, launched "Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe", answered "No" to both popups, selected "Options->Close GUI on launch" and then pressed 'Play Dwarf Fortress!'. The game itself started up without a hitch, but the launcher remained open, showing me this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I assume that selecting that option should close the launcher window on game start, but it doesn't work for some reason...
My system is Win8.1 x64
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:12:28 pm by antipin00 »

Promethium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: December 22, 2018, 04:40:20 am »

Just recently downloaded the latest version of the pack, and while I'm used to seeing some false positives in them, holy moly the latest one is a doozy! Ten, by Virustotal's count.
Are there any plans to fix this? This might come off as alarming to potential new players/downloaders, and honestly, even to veterans.

Sir_Madijeis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: December 22, 2018, 06:23:54 am »

So, I wanted to use the "Direct Download" update to save time, but it appears it's ineffective. Through some digging, I found that this used to download an archive which then had to be extracted in a different folder. Now, the launcher says, when I click on "Direct Download", that "The files will be extracted automatically". I have no idea where they are being extracted to. I checked my download folder, program files, and the LNP folder, even tried to make another folder in the same big "DF" Folder where I keep both the base game and the LNP. The only time I'm able to find anything is when the file is being downloaded, but I can't do anything with it because it gets extracted into the void apparently. My computer doesn't even signal overlapping files, even though I repeated the process several times, they reeaaally seem to disappear.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5158 on: December 22, 2018, 12:07:31 pm »

Played a learning session of DF with this pack last night, it worked great! Thanks for maintaining this.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:00:41 am by Durian Hohlades »
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 385