Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098508 times)

Flint_Firefudge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5175 on: January 22, 2019, 12:34:49 pm »

I'm not sure where I should post this but when running the Newb Pack on my laptop in non-windowed mode the game's display is offset wrong and a lot of the menus and displays aren't displayed on screen. As I'm a total newb, how would I fix this?

edit: It starts out fine with the intro movie aligned properly but once the menu comes up it's off to the side or up high and runs off the screen. I would like to play.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:45:02 pm by Flint_Firefudge »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: January 23, 2019, 09:56:47 am »

I'm not sure where I should post this but when running the Newb Pack on my laptop in non-windowed mode the game's display is offset wrong and a lot of the menus and displays aren't displayed on screen. As I'm a total newb, how would I fix this?

edit: It starts out fine with the intro movie aligned properly but once the menu comes up it's off to the side or up high and runs off the screen. I would like to play.
manually change fullscreen res to your desktop res.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

The Condor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: January 25, 2019, 05:41:41 am »

I am getting the same mouse problem jaynixxo was having as well, it seems to be 87 by 43 tiles that the mouse will let me click on in full screen, so the problem goes away if I play very zoomed in. 

I just now checked playing in a smaller window and that seems to make the area I can click less tiles.

Now I have checked by removing twbt.plug.dll and changing nothing else. Little hard to get in the game with the tiles all messed up, but the problem goes away, no matter how far I zoom out, on my 4x3 embark anyways.  Also even if I put it in a tiny window.

I put it back and tried setting the print modes, Standard the problem is gone, in 2d it seems to be a slightly smaller area I can click, even in full screen.  TWBT_LEGACY Causes my game to crash as I zoomed out.

I also notice, it isn't just clicking that is effected, the live query doesn't update as well.

After looking at the code for mousequery, I thought to check if it will scroll or drag.

- left clicking at the edges of the view or the clickable area doesn't work to scroll the veiw right or down.  Up and left work as they should.

- setting a button to Drag only works withing the small clickable area, if I leave that area it stops tracking, and if I go back in to the area while still holding down the mouse button, but at a different part of the area, it jumps the screen in unexpected ways.

- Setting edge to enable also will not scroll right or down, left and up work correctly.

- Right clicks work to scroll the view without issue.

Found the time to mess with this more, I got a clean install of DF, figured out how to compile dfhack, and messed with it from there.

Was able to see the problem can happen without twbt, in 2d mode, but It is a pretty large area so I have to be WAY zoomed out (last 2-3 settings) to get it to happen.

Again in standard even zoomed out to max it seems to always work.

Really strange having twbt installed seems to make the problem go away in 2d mode, if I set the display mode to twbt I get the issue again.

I'm now just trying different tilesets, seems like big tilesets cause the issue to become more apparent and small one minimize it, with a 5x5 tileset I got off the wiki, the issue only appears at the highest zoom and only on barley on the bottom edge, the right edge never stops working.   With a very large tileset even all the way zoomed in the bottom isn't working right.

With a 3x3 tileset the issue goes away.

anyone know the best place to report this?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:14:51 am by The Condor »

hauzer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: February 03, 2019, 02:27:00 am »

I have some strange bugs with this. Location of the pack on the filesystem and permissions don't matter, nor if it's started as an Administrator; I've tried many combinations.

First bug
Steps to reproduce
  • Run the program.
Expected results
The first time I run it, it should offer to import from an older pack.

Actual results
It asks me if I want to import from an older pack every time I run it.

Second bug
Steps to reproduce
  • Run the program.
  • Select the Graphics tab.
  • Select any tileset, even the current one.
  • Click Install Graphics.
Expected results
The tileset is successfully changed.

Actual results
The program immediately closes without any errors.

Third bug
Steps to reproduce
  • Run the program.
  • Select the Utilities tab.
  • Double-click or right-click any utility, or select any and click Run Program.
Expected results
The utility is run or enabled for autorun.

Actual results
The program immediately closes without any errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rotinaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: February 03, 2019, 11:20:10 pm »

I'd like to echo the issue with being unable to change the tileset. Seems to just close.

thepaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: February 23, 2019, 05:13:38 pm »

I'm experiencing a CTD issue with the latest pack (culprit appears to be TWBT).

Win 10, i5-8600, 16G RAM. I created two different worlds, but every embark crashes to desktop right after I read the embark text and hit enter. I tried several sizes of embark, but even 3x3 crashes. I tried making the window small and disabling therapist per some other recent-ish posts, but that didn't work either. Finally, I tried disabling DFHack all together and I was finally able to load in 2D mode. Re-enabling DFHack lets me embark as long as I keep it in 2D mode. If I attempt to use TWBT or TWBT_LEGACY, then it CTD as soon as I hit enter on embark. I tried grabbing the latest TWBT (Jan 3) and overwriting the DLL, but that didn't help. I can embark using 2D, save, then restart DF using TWBT and even enable Multilevel View, and it doesn't crash.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: February 24, 2019, 03:33:14 am »

Yes, it's known TwbT has a tendency to crash on embark.

Note that bugs on utilities that are compiled into the LNP are better reported in the thread for the corresponding utility, as the LNP itself "just" compiles them into a package, not maintains them. In this case it's unlikely to be useful to report it in the TwbT thread, though, as the issue is known already.

Shackram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: February 25, 2019, 10:12:45 pm »

I am getting the same mouse problem jaynixxo was having as well, it seems to be 87 by 43 tiles that the mouse will let me click on in full screen, so the problem goes away if I play very zoomed in. 

I'm getting this problem as well, the mousequery only works inside a set area, if i zoom out the mouse doesn't scale to the now larger view area, doesn't matter if i'm windowed or fullscreen.

But in my case i also can't use right-click to pan around the map properly and it seems related to zoom level. At some levels i can only pan up or left and up, sometimes it pans up and down but not left or right.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:25:40 pm by Shackram »

LightSapfier

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: March 11, 2019, 03:20:22 pm »

Guys, i need help. Either psycholgical or some troublesghooting.
I feel extremely frustrated, my depressing is going up and soon im going to do some *science* :-X. Why?...
Because i can't play DF anymore, and i can't do any *fun*.
Jokes aside - all my starter packs aren't starting anymore. Vanilla df is working, but im not gifted enough to use it, im too spoiled with thestarter pack.
Once i start the .exe it just dissappears from task manager after a moment, without any error message. Using Windows one.

It may be connected with the fact that i started using python about 1(or2) years ago, and since its written in python smth maybe screwd(but why?)

This poor idiot needs your help!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: March 13, 2019, 11:01:51 am »

I'm getting this problem as well, the mousequery only works inside a set area, if i zoom out the mouse doesn't scale to the now larger view area, doesn't matter if i'm windowed or fullscreen.

But in my case i also can't use right-click to pan around the map properly and it seems related to zoom level. At some levels i can only pan up or left and up, sometimes it pans up and down but not left or right.
this problem might relate to my mousequery problem, where it works fine for top and left mouse scrolling, but not the right and bottom border. i use 5:4 screen and 1280x960 windowed mode. so far none of the widescreen players confirmed if they get the same problem when they chose windowed and smaller res.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Shackram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: March 17, 2019, 08:38:51 pm »

this problem might relate to my mousequery problem, where it works fine for top and left mouse scrolling, but not the right and bottom border. i use 5:4 screen and 1280x960 windowed mode. so far none of the widescreen players confirmed if they get the same problem when they chose windowed and smaller res.

Yeah, most of the time i can scroll left or up, but not right or down.

I play with 1920x1080 and the problem remains the same in windowed or fullscreen. And i just tried windowed with a low resolution (800x600) and the problem remains the same.

If i zoom the map all the way out, mousequery only works on a part of the top-left corner that is 87x40 tiles, which i designated on this image. The entire map is 192x192 tiles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: March 18, 2019, 01:51:25 am »

thanks. so the fault is not the linuxLNP's twbt/dfhack plugin (or worse my machine :O ), but it also is in the win versions.
we experienced it yesterday with meph's pack on a win10 laptop too.

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner
« Reply #5187 on: March 18, 2019, 09:35:13 am »

Hi!
Downloaded this LNP but recogized the missing "U/D stairs": instead of a nice icon I have the inverted bin there..
I downloaded the recent version of Phoebus pack from repo and tried to install it with this LNP. Failed miserably and can't even tell what went wrong.

Redownloaded both, deleted all tileset from "\LNP\graphics\" and installed the Phoebus-44.10 manually to "\Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10\". While I can run this, including nice looking U/D stairs, when starting DF direcly, I do have a reproducible CTD when using the LNP Launcher: it crashes 100% when pressing ENTER on "..strike the earth!"-screen.

I have no idea what is going on here. It would be nice if the most recent version of Phoebus was included in the LNP with all TWBT features activated. I love the LNP and I hate to fiddle with the config files myself to turn off aquifers, define population cap, etc.

Anyone have an answer to this question?  I'm curious myself what happened to the U/D stair icon in the Phoebus set.
Addendum to PeridexisErrant’s DF Walkthrough, based on v40.24:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObFaFWdTBm8sUDbSyLwJhByJ8UTAlw3K

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r05 with additional, separate options for TWBT versions of graphics packs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1DNngwQZzYD2pZg2RuubEYytEo_8rp4

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: March 18, 2019, 10:26:25 am »

The icon for Up/down stairs still exists in Phoebus' set. You just need to use the TWBT* content instead of the regular ones. If you can't find them within the LNP's download then you should:

1. Revert your LNP's DF to ASCII through the launcher (<- might not be necessary but better be safe than sorry).
2. Download phoebus' set seperately and install it over the LNP's DF. Follow the instructions for instaling with TWBT. You can find both the files and the instructions on github.

*LNP comes with TWBT preinstalled so there is no need to mess with that.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: March 18, 2019, 11:27:53 am »

Note, however, that there is an issue with TwbT and embarking. There are quite a few reports (including my own) of DF crashing on embark when TwbT is enabled, while enabling TwbT after having embarked works just fine.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 385