Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098292 times)

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5190 on: March 18, 2019, 12:07:22 pm »

Thanks for the replies!  I'll give it a shot!

UPDATE:
Holy crap ... that looks a lot better!  Thanks for the tips!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 01:28:58 pm by SedrynTyros »
Addendum to PeridexisErrant’s DF Walkthrough, based on v40.24:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObFaFWdTBm8sUDbSyLwJhByJ8UTAlw3K

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r05 with additional, separate options for TWBT versions of graphics packs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1DNngwQZzYD2pZg2RuubEYytEo_8rp4

Liamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: March 25, 2019, 12:35:47 pm »

After building up courage to play DF again I'm getting a consistent crash a couple of turns after the beginning of summer (Exactly eve of 199.04.07). The game just closes out of nowhere seemingly at the same exact in-game time. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Could it be the first migrant wave?

e/

I got through it somehow by saving right before the crash time and going single-frame for some time with ' . '. Might be a coincidence or not.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 01:39:25 pm by Liamar »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: March 28, 2019, 06:10:36 pm »

It's probably text will be text. 90% of crashes are.

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: March 29, 2019, 06:36:23 am »

It's probably text will be text. 90% of crashes are.

Yes, probably.
DFhack will have to go through adjustments, I imagine. But this is for a second step after the release.

Or, who knows, this update does not require a TWBT. This could be added officially since the demand is real. Let's wait ...

DanceMachine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: April 11, 2019, 03:43:56 pm »

Hello,

I have run into an error that is present with Meph Tileset mod as well. When I play about 1 season and a quarter, DF will no longer be able to find building materials that are on a different Z level.

So if my stone stockpile is 3 z levels from what I am building it doesn't show up in the selection menu for materials once I have placed the structure. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? It has happened like clockwork with 3 or 4 forts I have started.

I'm currently playing on the 0.44.12-r05 version of LNP. This error stops if I play on 0.44.12-r02 version of LNP. And the same thing goes for Meph Tileset, an older 44.12 version of it gets rid of the error.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this in and if it is, please point me in the direction of the right forum.

Thank you!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: April 11, 2019, 04:12:00 pm »

Tile sets shouldn't have any effect on pathing. Building materials show up only if they're accessible from the building site, and the typical reason for that is that building the first thingie blocked the path. As the problem is likely to be a user error (most problems are, even for experienced players), the "gamplay questions" or "DF Dwarf Mode Discussions" sub fora are better places for the question. Questions/problems with individual items in the pack are better brought up in their threads, as the pack is a compilation of items that "only" packages them up in a convenient package.

If you still can't find what's wrong, a question in a suitable board with a link to a zipped up save will probably allow someone to figure out what's wrong.

DanceMachine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: April 12, 2019, 11:20:13 pm »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and the info re LNP, PatrikLundell!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: May 31, 2019, 06:40:45 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.12-r06!
As usual, you can get it here.

We're still in the "long wait" for the next version of DF, but the community has provided some nice things in the meantime.  To single out just one, Armok Vision now shows all units in 3D!  Time to... Strike the Earth!

0.44.12-r06
 - updated Armok Vision to 0.20.2
 - updated TwbT to 6.61
 - added Announcement Window (1.2b)
 - updated CLA graphics to 44.xx-v26

SHA256:  f4bfc9d792bf462a0011355b721bc54b8d666c7d2a629de8fecb5ef75539c28b

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

(this update has taken longer than planned - a combination of new job, teaching, travelling, and a conference flu have kept me flat-out... but it's ready at last  :D)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: May 31, 2019, 06:55:58 am »

Yay!

[edit]

Does this mean a new DF release is around the corner?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 02:17:09 pm by Japa »

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: June 02, 2019, 08:30:06 pm »

I missed some utilities. Why not SoudSense this latest version?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: June 02, 2019, 09:21:04 pm »

I just downloaded it, and both Soundsense and the alternate SoundCenSe are in the LNP/utilities folder and appear in the launcher Utilities tab. If they don't for you, my first suggestion would be to redownload the pack.
Team Bug Fix!

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: June 03, 2019, 07:57:13 am »

I just downloaded it, and both Soundsense and the alternate SoundCenSe are in the LNP/utilities folder and appear in the launcher Utilities tab. If they don't for you, my first suggestion would be to redownload the pack.

my fault. It's OK now. Something must have happened while downloading. Thank you very much.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: June 22, 2019, 11:46:39 am »

I saw a weird behaviour of the child cap.

With the max percentage of children in fort set to 100, the births stopped approximately when I had as many children as adults. I expected that 100 would mean unrestricted births, because 100% children in fort means there would have to be not a single adult dwarf. Could it be that the limit checks 100*children/adults instead of 100*children/(adults + children) ?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: June 22, 2019, 01:49:26 pm »

This is the text in d_init.txt for this vanilla functionality parameter:

"This allows you to control the number of babies+children in your fortress.  The first number is an absolute cap on the number of babies+children.  The second is a percentage of the current number of adults in your fortress (the default is the essentially meaningless 1000% here).  The lower number is used as the cap.  The cap only prevents further pregnancies, so migrant children, multiple births and existing pregnancies from old saves can still push you over the cap.  Setting either number to zero will disallow pregnancies in the fortress."

Thus, Gigaz observation seems to match the described behavior, i.e. maximum number of children as a percentage of the current number of adults, with 100 meaning 1:1 and the default of 1000 meaning 10 children to every adult.

dirkzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Flood the depot. Get free stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: June 24, 2019, 06:44:03 pm »

This thread has been read over 2 million times.
2 million.
It's hard for me to wrap my head around that.
Forgotten beasts flying up the wells and eating them might cause some negative effects.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 385