Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098097 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5205 on: June 25, 2019, 04:21:32 am »

This thread has been read over 2 million times.
2 million.
It's hard for me to wrap my head around that.
half of that was me looking if i missed something or redownloading the pack.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: June 28, 2019, 04:59:52 pm »

My math may be a bit off, but that makes it an average of about 1,285 views per day!

I do have a question though - I typically make a new world as each update comes out.  But recently I've gotten interested in some rather large projects for the dwarves.

Do bug fix releases typically require a new world to be freshly generated to take effect?  Or would the save folder being copied over to the new install be enough in some cases?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: June 28, 2019, 05:08:54 pm »

It really depends on the specific bug. Most minor fixes will take effect right away. Some will only take effect for new things in the world - for instance, if units' preferences are changed, those changes usually won't affect existing units. Some can require a new world to take full effect, but won't break old worlds.

The last compatibility break was in 2014, but there's always a possibility that the next major release will break compatibility, in which case this wouldn't matter.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: June 28, 2019, 06:21:53 pm »

My math may be a bit off, but that makes it an average of about 1,285 views per day!

I do have a question though - I typically make a new world as each update comes out.  But recently I've gotten interested in some rather large projects for the dwarves.

Do bug fix releases typically require a new world to be freshly generated to take effect?  Or would the save folder being copied over to the new install be enough in some cases?
well, that's how it felt sometimes... i had to move to the linuxLNP though, which makes it rather 1/100 , but still a lot :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

ostrava25

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: July 08, 2019, 02:32:11 pm »

I need some assistance whenever I try to install different graphics with LNP the launcher closes (no error or message) and I need to restart it, so I'm stuck using Pheobus. This isn't the end of the world as I can still play but it is irritating that I can't change graphics. Anyone able to help?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: July 09, 2019, 07:15:54 am »

Are there any errors reported in stderr.txt?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ostrava25

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: July 09, 2019, 11:55:12 am »

Yes.
ERROR: Something went wrong while installing graphics
Not very helpful as you can see.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: July 09, 2019, 05:04:50 pm »

That does help me narrow it down to here in the code, actually. The code indicates that there should be more information after that line. Can you please post the entire contents of the file?

One possibility: do you have any special (non-ASCII) characters in any folders containing the LNP?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: July 10, 2019, 04:14:10 am »

That does help me narrow it down to here in the code, actually. The code indicates that there should be more information after that line. Can you please post the entire contents of the file?

One possibility: do you have any special (non-ASCII) characters in any folders containing the LNP?
Request for clarification: Do you mean characters in the folder names (as opposed to some contents of those folders)?

You can get such situations when your native language names folders using characters the (US) Americans don't use (such as characters modified with diacriticals, cedillas, and whatever those slashes in the middle of characters e.g. Slavic languages use are called, etc.). The Cyrillic alphabet would also be non ASCII (I think in it's entirety, even where character look the same as ASCII ones and have the same meaning).

ostrava25

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: July 10, 2019, 04:56:50 am »

OK I got it working. From PatrikL's post I got the idea to try a Locale emulator set for US on the launcher and this fixed the issue, why I have no idea, there is nothing I have seen that should have been a problem and I have not had this trouble with any other game. But hey got it working, not going to complain.

Thanks for the assistance.

VislarRn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: July 12, 2019, 10:02:17 am »

OK I got it working. From PatrikL's post I got the idea to try a Locale emulator set for US on the launcher and this fixed the issue, why I have no idea, there is nothing I have seen that should have been a problem and I have not had this trouble with any other game. But hey got it working, not going to complain.

Thanks for the assistance.
Geez, thanks. I was so frustrated. Locale emulator fixed the same problem for me too.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: July 12, 2019, 05:32:40 pm »

Has anyone else got the issue of when they move the mouse near the borders of the screen it will no longer recognise mouse-clicks?

So selecting a workshop can become impossible through the mouse, etc...

Thanks for any help.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: July 12, 2019, 06:46:46 pm »

Which borders? All of them? Or just the bottom/right ones? If it's the latter, I put up a mousequery build a while back that might fix it, and I'll look when I get home.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: July 12, 2019, 08:16:00 pm »

Which borders? All of them? Or just the bottom/right ones? If it's the latter, I put up a mousequery build a while back that might fix it, and I'll look when I get home.

Yeah I didn't even realise it was the bottom right ;)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: July 13, 2019, 06:43:02 am »

Has anyone else got the issue of when they move the mouse near the borders of the screen it will no longer recognise mouse-clicks?

So selecting a workshop can become impossible through the mouse, etc...

Thanks for any help.
that one has been fixed in a newer version of mousequery.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 385