Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098059 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5220 on: July 13, 2019, 09:00:54 am »

that one has been fixed in a newer version of mousequery.
That's what I was referring to above, except it's currently an unreleased version of mousequery. I was unfortunately unable to grab a Windows version of the exact build with the fix, but https://files.dfhack.org/190710000/ should include it (just copy over hack/plugins/mousequery.plug.dll from it into your installation, overwriting the one that's already there).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: July 19, 2019, 03:06:33 am »

Hello, started playing DF again and asper routine went and grabbed this pack. But I'm having some trouble getting it to run correctly.

I can start dwarf fortress manually and df hack is already attached combined with launching df therapist manually, adding graphics manually and doing my own custom modding manually everything is playable almost as I want but I do like to access some of the settings more easily uncovered by running the pack.

When I try to start the exe I get an icon that spins for a few seconds and then nothing. No process in task manager, nothing I can see in event viewer. Are there any logs generated anywhere? Been looking over the thread a bit but haven't found anything. I've tried a few earlier version so far but no dice. Planning testing a few really old as well when I get back home.

Kryo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: July 25, 2019, 05:28:21 pm »

Hi, I wanted to get into playing DF again. I've been wanting to install CLA, but I can't seem to get it done through the launcher -
I always get these filled grey squares instead of ":" and "." and just looks messy overall and would even crash the game on loading a world.

Any advice is much appreciated!

mikeydmc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: August 04, 2019, 03:31:08 pm »

When running Meph+Vordak graphics, some of the walls are displaying as other things such as a cactus on sand

seht

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: August 22, 2019, 04:51:57 pm »

When running Meph+Vordak graphics, some of the walls are displaying as other things such as a cactus on sand

This is a consequence of TWBT, I believe, which those graphics require to run. From what I gather, it will never be fixed, either due to lack of interest or impossibility.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 04:43:54 pm by seht »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: August 22, 2019, 07:06:05 pm »

It's a performance thing. Normally it only updates tiles that have changed onscreen, which, if you move the screen with the same tile in the same spot visible, even if it's not actually the same thing there, it doesn't know that it's changed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5226 on: August 24, 2019, 10:18:13 pm »

That's mostly happening in adv-mode, it's constructed walls adjacent to so-far unrevealed constructed walls. I did fix that in my own release, the Meph tileset version in the LNP is severly outdated.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

prixt

• Bay Watcher
  • has been taken by a fey mood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: September 06, 2019, 06:10:28 am »

How do you choose what utilities to add to the Starter Pack? I am currently developing a SoundSense alternative, and am aiming to get it into the Pack.
SOUNDSENSE-RS - SoundSense alternative written in Rust

seht

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: September 07, 2019, 09:04:28 am »

That's mostly happening in adv-mode, it's constructed walls adjacent to so-far unrevealed constructed walls. I did fix that in my own release, the Meph tileset version in the LNP is severly outdated.

So, to be clear, your pack is now fully functional in adventure mode, even when using your tileset and twbt? Or am I misunderstanding?

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: September 07, 2019, 05:24:38 pm »

Can you include my tileset for next release?

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14072

Kind regards, Vettlingr.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: September 08, 2019, 11:08:13 am »

So, to be clear, your pack is now fully functional in adventure mode, even when using your tileset and twbt? Or am I misunderstanding?
twbt doesn't work well with adv mode. no matter which pack.
it's a problem of twbt, not the pack.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

seht

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: September 10, 2019, 04:53:43 pm »

I know, I just don't understand what else he could have meant by saying that.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: September 11, 2019, 04:04:35 am »

I know, I just don't understand what else he could have meant by saying that.
i had that same error in dwarfmode when trying to get the 44.12 mephpack into the 44.09 LNP: some stone walls looked like statues, spiderwebs looked like raw gems, it was all messed up.
that also happens in adv. mode with every pack with many overrides, because twbt messes things up in adv. mode.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:43:07 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Camomile

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: September 11, 2019, 07:39:13 am »

I'm having an issue with the latest pack and the MouseQuery plugging. I have pinpointed the problem with the TWBT version that conflicts with the mouse plugging.

Basically, TWBT messes up with the "edge of screen" mouse function. I cannot use the function "edge scroll" toward the edge of the right and bottom part of the map... And I'm a noob, so I use the mouse a lot, so it's kinda a big deal for me not able to move the map without the mouse.

Is there a way to fix that bug or to replace TWBT with an older version?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: September 11, 2019, 07:43:43 am »

it has been fixed, but you have to download and install it manually.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 385