Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098166 times)

Camomile

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5235 on: September 11, 2019, 08:13:12 am »

it has been fixed, but you have to download and install it manually.

I tried to download the file (https://files.dfhack.org/190710000/) and install it manually to the latest version of the pack, but when I do that I get the error saying "can't load pluging mousequery".

Unless there is something else I'm missing or another patch for that plugin?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: September 11, 2019, 09:24:40 am »

i don't know if that's the patched file at all.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: September 11, 2019, 09:33:12 am »

I'm pretty sure that's the one I put up for that fix. Did you download the 32-bit or 64-bit one, though?
Edit: no, actually, that's a build for a stonesense fix, which is also in the description at the top of the page you linked to. It might have a fixed mousequery too, though.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:07:45 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: September 11, 2019, 01:53:03 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's the one I put up for that fix. Did you download the 32-bit or 64-bit one, though?
Edit: no, actually, that's a build for a stonesense fix, which is also in the description at the top of the page you linked to. It might have a fixed mousequery too, though.
as far as i remember, you fixed the linux version and wanted to see if you find the time for the other versions or somthing along those lines...
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Camomile

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: September 11, 2019, 06:25:38 pm »

Success! It was the 64bit one that did the trick and resolved the issue. And yes, I'm running Windows and it does work there too.

Thank you both of you, Pvt Pirate and Lethosor for helping me to solve this!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: September 11, 2019, 11:04:11 pm »

as far as i remember, you fixed the linux version and wanted to see if you find the time for the other versions or somthing along those lines...
DFHack is nearly identical on all platforms, actually. The issue was that the build server died, so I couldn't put up Windows builds.
At any rate, I do want to get a proper DFHack release out soon, but haven't had a lot of time recently.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: September 12, 2019, 10:33:56 am »

DFHack is nearly identical on all platforms, actually. The issue was that the build server died, so I couldn't put up Windows builds.
At any rate, I do want to get a proper DFHack release out soon, but haven't had a lot of time recently.
thank you for all the time and nerve you put into it. :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: September 16, 2019, 08:56:40 pm »

Can you include my tileset for next release?
Looks great!  Consider it included, it's actually been on my todo list for a while now  8)

... The issue was that the build server died, so I couldn't put up Windows builds.

I'm looking forward to r3 when you have time, but definitely sympathetic with the lack of it... :-[
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: September 16, 2019, 09:01:08 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.12-r07!
As usual, you can get it here.

We're still basically in the "big wait" period between DF releases, but I'm doing what I can in what time I can make to work on the Starter Pack.  So upgrade if you wish, and... strike the earth!

0.44.12-r07
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v41.1.0
 - added Vettlingr graphics
 - franken-dfhack spliced in a patch for stonesense with wagons

SHA256:  742d9b260896be29c3fd4b6c1f614ce5636bb1cd6de68ab6c47f42689366e190

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Vagabundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: September 17, 2019, 05:44:04 am »

Big thanks as usual!!

Just tried the update to try a new graphic pack and DFhack is not launching. checked the stderr for pylnp and in the DF folder file saw nothing about dfhack or much of anythingl. Tried clicking on the dfhack enable/disable a few times and change the graphics pack back to ascii, but no dfhack.

Maybe just me? I upgraded from within pylnp. Might try the direct download in case something corrupted.

treehugger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: September 17, 2019, 06:12:59 am »

Same problem as Vagabundo. I did use the direct download. Found a reddit post about others also having the same issue.

Vagabundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: September 17, 2019, 06:20:57 am »

Verified the direct download isn't launching dfhack.

I have an older version  (PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r05) in the same Documents directory and it is launching DFhack.

Auxxiliary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: September 17, 2019, 09:18:21 am »

Same issue, not launching dfhack.
Thanks in advance Peridexis

Neszreth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: September 17, 2019, 10:01:39 am »

I tried launching it as well, DFHack wasn't launching. So I tried launching it from DrawfFortess.exe directly and not from the LNP launcher, but I got the same result; i.e. not working.
It was the first time I used LNP and despite that small issue, very good job, hats off, because to simplify DF installation that much is really a nice present to the community!

LexJackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: September 17, 2019, 01:21:34 pm »

I can confirm that even using this a fresh install, DF hack won't run. I was using the previous version of the pack and DF hack was running fine. I guess its just waiting for 48 hours until the bugs fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 385